WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Registered User Dances with Mice's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Asheville View Post
    For us new guys (and girls), what makes his story so unique? I'm curious...
    Nothin', really. He just had a good PR agent.
    You never turned around to see the frowns
    On the jugglers and the clowns
    When they all did tricks for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    What defines a Minnesota Smith? Someone who takes 11 months to hike the trail? Someone who gets a thread about them? Someone who likes to put peanut butter in other people's beards?

We won't have a Minnesota Smith. We'll have our own legends and characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Whoops. I didn't mean to sounds jealous. I'm really not. I was trying to invoke the idea that MS was one of a kind, like Wolf said. It just didn't come out right.
    I thought you were just reiterating that your handle was intentionally ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by galaleemc View Post
    GutHook

Yesterday it was his birthday. All he wanted to do was BAKE for HIS birthday. Wonder bought all the ingredients ahead of time. He settled in the Bunkhouse, cleaned up and started baking and had a GUSHER of a nose bleed. It took several tampons to stop it. Pies on hold; he was taken to emergency room to have it looked at. While the rest of us (Wonder, CoughDrop, Kentucky Blue, and Woodstock went out for a $30 10 pound pizza-that's another story). He was fine after a while Doc didn't do much.

So laugh at the tampon, but if you ever need them you won't. The Pies were amazing. Got one in the oven RIGHT NOW.
    There are men who won't buy tampons, and then there are men who will consent to be photographed with a tampon up each nostril....strings dangling, no less. What amazes me are the men who, in absence of explanatory alcohol or drugs, fit into both groups even though they have passed what, in strict medical terms, is called adolescence. (By explanatory alcohol or drugs, I mean chemically-induced adolescence.....fearless, flamboyant, sometimes demonstratively empathetic but sometimes profoundly thoughtless, sometimes incredibly inventive, and yet sometimes inexplicably stupid.)

GutHook is not the name of someone I'd be in a rush to have making my dinner, at any rate. It's not a prejudice I couldn't overcome. I'd just not want to be his first target, er, dinner guest. No offense meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    Speaking of books, my agent wants me to write one when I get back. In fact she plans to throw the idea around to some houses while I'm gone to see if anyone bites. I had wanted to write a book, btw - but figured it would just be self published as many are. We'll see. Right now I gotta do this trail!!

Oh, and PLEASE don't tell Jack that it would be based more on a Christian angle ...so I'm gonna need those confrontations at shelters with trying to save lost souls to make this book authentic. (see shelter thread). And hope I don't end up in hell with bad water. he he he
    Looking forward to it, maybe it'll be your soul that's gets retrieved....

I looked at GutHook's journal yesterday, and it made me wish I had started the trail earlier. Those pies looked GOOD.
    "Too much civilization around here! Remember when the woods used to be woods, Harry?"

how does he post to trailjournals from the trail?

pt
    before washing your jeans shorts, pre-treat by throwing them away.

I just heard over dinner in Dahlonega, that someone who might have had a pack on his back, and an army duffle bag on his front, and maybe was named one of the Characters brought forward in time on Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure, and maybe posts here, and it was NOT Napolean, Abraham Lincoln, Genghis Khan, Billy the Kid, Freud, Joan of Arc, Beethoven, or the two righteous princess babes.

:banana

Socrates!!

What did you hear of Socrates over dinner? I was eagerly trying to get to the end of that sentence...
    "Too much civilization around here! Remember when the woods used to be woods, Harry?"

ms was a wyoming skateboarder and so will all stand outs be refered. the chair declairs it. ws was the original.
    matthewski

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    ms was a wyoming skateboarder and so will all stand outs be refered. the chair declairs it. ws was the original.
    ms was a ws cc?

Formerly CoralRives
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by galaleemc View Post
    GutHook

Yesterday it was his birthday. All he wanted to do was BAKE for HIS birthday. Wonder bought all the ingredients ahead of time. He settled in the Bunkhouse, cleaned up and started baking and had a GUSHER of a nose bleed. It took several tampons to stop it. Pies on hold; he was taken to emergency room to have it looked at. While the rest of us (Wonder, CoughDrop, Kentucky Blue, and Woodstock went out for a $30 10 pound pizza-that's another story). He was fine after a while Doc didn't do much.

So laugh at the tampon, but if you ever need them you won't. The Pies were amazing. Got one in the oven RIGHT NOW.

And shouldn't he have a new Trailname????
    "Be good and you will be lonesome" M. Twain

There is a road, no simple highway,
    Between the dawn and the dark of night,
    And if you go no one may follow,
    That path is for your steps alone

Images

Quote Originally Posted by jettjames View Post
    how does he post to trailjournals from the trail?

pt
    I love questions like these......you will find out my friend. You will love it !

I gotta a little secret for ya too.....one place in particular that has a free computer, ALSO has free long distance!!!! .....right next to the computer.

Hmmmmm

Have fun hiking!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Drinks (formerly coralrives) View Post
    You're not kidding!

I felt terrible looking at the picture. What a scary experience that must have been.

As for the Trail name change.....that's a whole different thread.....

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dances with Mice View Post
    Nothin', really. He just had a good PR agent.
    HA! I'm surprised nobody caught this DOM

And......shall the dogwood go down in history?

I think so!

Don't believe everything you think. galaleemc's Avatar
    Images

Jettjames..........wireless internet we provide.
    Mindi...............they were excellent! He is an awesome baker.
    Guthook (appropriate name - here on the trout farm, but he got it before he came here) works for the AMC. He is an outstanding young man! Low key, easy going, smart, I can't say enough wonderful things about him. New trail name - maybe, but the trail name Gods weren;t here that day.

It was scarry for a few moments Starlyte. I mean it was a gusher. He was up for making this tense situation fun and Memorable, knowing he may be teased endlessly. He is the kind of hiker you want to STAY around. Not just cause he can bake. We also had fresh cinnamon rolls each morning.

Images

I met him on springer, and Laura is right. He's easy to talk to, and has an excellent attitude. And he mentioned planning Cloud 9 for his first hostel experinence. Seems he's on a tight schedule and has to be finished in early July. Here's wishing him a safe and swift journey!
    A bad day on the trail beats a good day most anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Drinks (formerly coralrives) View Post
    Originally Posted by galaleemc
    GutHook

Gusher? Or Tampon?

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

Just take it as a warning!!!! If you start gushing blood around me.......I shall attack with tampax!!!!

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

1000+ miles down, 1000+ miles to go

Default I concur

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    I thought Matthewski was already elected.
    If you're looking for more unique political and social commentary in a "stream of conciousness" style he would be the natural choice. Especially after the way he carried the torch for MS last year.

If that's not your cup of tea then the "Blissful and family" thread would probably suit...seems like they've got a large following already.
    "When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute.
    But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute--and it's longer than any hour.
    That's relativity." --Albert Einstein--

Registered User Dances with Mice's Avatar
    Images

Everyone should hold their noses tight if they're near Wonderfoot. Wait! That doesn't sound right....

Bliss and Bunyon are one of us. They deserve our support. I hope we continue to hear from them all the way to Maine and long afterwards.
    You never turned around to see the frowns
    On the jugglers and the clowns
    When they all did tricks for you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++