WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

From PA moved to Marquette MI, ontop of the Northern Country Trail

Default Change of plans again.....

Lol so yet again my plans have changed. I am still planning my SOBO Thru but I have about a month delay. I was planning on leaving for the Trail the 18th of June but a buddy of mine just offered me to go the French Alps for some Rock & Ice climbing. we are planning on leaving June 14th and returning July 4th. So as it looks I will most likely depending on how I feel start my hike either the first or second weekend of the month.
    There’s no point in the destination if you can't enjoy the journey.

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

All bumps in life's road should be so exciting. You will be in better shape for the Big K and beyond when you get back so the delay may not actually make your AT hike take much longer than you had originally planned. Have a wonderful time in the Alps.

Quote Originally Posted by skytoproberts View Post
    Lol so yet again my plans have changed. I am still planning my SOBO Thru but I have about a month delay. I was planning on leaving for the Trail the 18th of June but a buddy of mine just offered me to go the French Alps for some Rock & Ice climbing. we are planning on leaving June 14th and returning July 4th. So as it looks I will most likely depending on how I feel start my hike either the first or second weekend of the month.
    Doesn't seem like there's much ice to climb in the Alps now, June and July would have less don't you think? You are going to the French Alps that are located in the Northern hemisphere---

From PA moved to Marquette MI, ontop of the Northern Country Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    All bumps in life's road should be so exciting. You will be in better shape for the Big K and beyond when you get back so the delay may not actually make your AT hike take much longer than you had originally planned. Have a wonderful time in the Alps.
    I do have to agree with you on that. My only dilemma is that I am not in that great of shape and was looking forward to walking into shape. lol now I have 3 months to be in the best shape i can be in... eeh but you win some and you lose some but I am not complaining

Quote Originally Posted by NICKTHEGREEK View Post
    Doesn't seem like there's much ice to climb in the Alps now, June and July would have less don't you think? You are going to the French Alps that are located in the Northern hemisphere---
    In all honesty I am still trying to figure all the details out. My buddy is going to be mostly rock climbing but his brother is going to be ice climbing. I would guess that there would be Ice year round depending about where you go.... but at that I am just guessing.
    There’s no point in the destination if you can't enjoy the journey.

WOW! Have an awesome time in the Alps, Stonewall! And you will definitely be in great shape for your sobo.
    -laces

++ New Posts ++