WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Just a quick update

Injured my knee while going up Shuckstack last Monday (4/2), hung around Fontana for a few days to see if it would get better - it didn't, so back home in balmy Florida for the next week or two to rest it and have the doc check it out.

At least I missed this round of cold weather in the Smokies.

Should be back on trail shortly. Until this thing happened I was having a most excellent hike - and can't wait to get back up there.
    WhoAh

Journal Entries
    Images

Take you time and heal. The trail is not going anywhere.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Default Update....

Well, I gave it another shot and made it from Fontana to Clingman's Dome. Knee is still not doing well so I am going to go off trail again to figure out what the problem is and if it can be fixed.

Who knows, if I can get it taken care of over the next couple of weeks maybe I will just head up to Maine and do a SOBO.

But for the time being, I am heading home.
    WhoAh

formerly amazonwoman

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAh View Post
    Well, I gave it another shot and made it from Fontana to Clingman's Dome. Knee is still not doing well so I am going to go off trail again to figure out what the problem is and if it can be fixed.

Who knows, if I can get it taken care of over the next couple of weeks maybe I will just head up to Maine and do a SOBO.

But for the time being, I am heading home.
    Nothing wrong with a section! You are doing more than alot of us! Keep the faith, get better and get back out there!

Julie

Sorry to hear that bro. I had something similar last year when I did the Foothills Trail. Only time and rest cured it.

Hey WhoAh, this is Chris and Kay, now Gadget and Scribe. We were with you on Springer and a while after that... Sorry to hear of the injury! It was great to meet you, and by the way you spoke of the trail, we know we'll see you back out here as soon as you're able. Take Care, and Good Luck!

++ New Posts ++