WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Buffalo Teclite shirt

I have seen some of you talk about the Teclite shirt. I know you have to order it from the UK and have a site to order it from but, before I spend that kind of money I would like as many owners to sell me on it as possible.

I like that it is not as bulky as fleece and has a hood but, it only comes in mens sizes. THAT might be a problem. I am well endowed up top and short...so being that its gonna be european sizes on top of that...I kinda have no clue what size to get. I remember seeing someone say they are suppose to fit snug.

So any advice? Pro's con's? Thanks in advance!
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."
    -Churchill

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scorpiorising80/

Springer-->Stony Brook Road VT MedicineMan's Avatar
    Images

Default got two of them

This is a seriously smart piece of kit....though not for everyone of course. For example I can't hike in it unless it is 15-20F...its that warm. Yes the hood is ever so sweet-its always there and cant be lost like a hat. Snug fit is what you want in this garment, e-mail them with you measurements and they'll suggest which one to get... the snug fit keeps the wicking fabric on the skin where it grabs your sweat and transport it away...even in the pouring rain there will be a microclimate of warm air betwinxed these wicking fibers and your skin-tighter is better..in fact in the reach through handwarmer pocket there is a cinch webbing strap to draw the garment even closer to the skin. This pocket is nice for warming the hands but you've also got another pocket above it zipping to store small items.....but there is a cost to that, and it is a short chest zip, why a cost-ventilation BUT Buffalo has that covered on the sides with side zips that are almost the length of the gament from underarm to the waist....so to ventilate you uncinche the strap inside the hand warmer pocket and unzip as much of the size panels as you see fit.....there is also velcro size adjusters/tighteners also on the sides at the waist....and there are micro adjusters at the neck. If you need detailed pics let me know and I'll post some next weekend when i get off.
    Start out slow, then slow down.

Rock Star,

You’re concerned about fit since these are only in men’s sizes and in a European fit.

I have a different shirt from England, so this may all be moot. I prefer large sizes for a roomy fit, so I bought my shirt anticipating the typically smaller European fit. Error. It is huge. I bought a second shirt, one size smaller, which is still very large.

I concur wholeheartedly with Medicine Man's recommendation.

I suggest sending them your proportions - height, torso length, and weight (be brutally candid, it’s going to be your shirt) - as well as measurements to help them provide you with the best fit.

Good luck.

Medicine Man,

Even if Rock Star isn’t interested in particulars, I am.

What size shirt do you typically wear? Do you prefer a snug or loose fit normally? What size Teclite(s) did you buy? Why two Teclites? Are you happy with the sizing? How much does one weigh? How do you use it; worn alone and only in winter; emergency go-to carry year around? Pictures will be appreciated. Please provide link(s).

Thanks.
    “The earth does not belong to man, man belongs to earth. ...
    Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it.
    Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.”

Images

Thanks guys! I am trying to wait until closer to next March because Im a fatty right now and losing weight. I got depressed b/c my hike ended last year very early and did what women do best when depressed...hand to mouth food exercises! I really like the idea of ditching my fleece and just getting a light weight down vest for camp etc. And I LOVE my balaclava b/c of the ear warmth/protection but, it gets too hot everywhere else. So when I am HOT I take off my balaclava and jacket but, my ears are cold. So THIS would be a bonus in my preference!

I never thought about emailing them my sizes...Ill do that!
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."
    -Churchill

I've got one of the Buffalo windshirts and its a great piece of gear. All of their gear is designed to fit snug to help keep your core warm without excess bulk.

The Teclite might be a bit of overkill for the AT....unless you plan on an early start. One of the great things about their gear is options for ventilating. I find that extremely useful when getting too warm while hiking; just open the side zips a bit and things cool down nicely.

My only complaint with Buffalo System gear is the zipper they use. It sometimes snags and the pull tab hardware is heavy metal. I replaced the pulls with some lightweight pulls. I wish they would swap over to the YKK zippers. They are extremely smooth and troublefree.

Whichever piece you get..you will be extremely pleased with the quality, durability and useability.

Images

So I finally got around to emailing about the sizing. As time is drawing near for me to order one. They said the sizes on the page are mens chest sizes. I sent them my sizes and that is the response I got. So...anyone want to help on the conversion of mens chest sizes to womens? lol I wear a 36D. Since the fit is for a man...A bigger size might work better due to my womanly chest using more than its fair share of room. You guys that own them know more than I do. Wadda ya think?
    -Churchill

Images

RockStar, they actually list a women's size chart now.

http://www.buffalosystems.co.uk/ls1.htm

Few lines from the bottom of the page.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by aaroniguana View Post
    RockStar, they actually list a women's size chart now.

http://www.buffalosystems.co.uk/ls1.htm

Few lines from the bottom of the page.
    THANK YOU THANK YOU. I was looking at the other website http://www.jackson-sports.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=2627
    -Churchill

I've heard great things about this product. Is it available anywhere in the States? I hesitate to order from overseas, without ever having seen the shirt/jacket.
    Roland

++ New Posts ++