This is a gorgeous new shelter ... built last weekend over two days. The trail crew was still there working when I stayed there. The shelter is located one mile south of the Bromley summit, facing west. It is huge -- could easily sleep 12 and they are planning to add a loft... It also has porch benches running along the two front sides and a nice butcher-block style table.

Water is a little bit of a downhill hike from the rear of the shelter in a spring. There were some concerns expressed that it might go dry on a dry year but the little well they had created was overflowing while I was there.

Privy is huge -- built to be handicapped accessible (trail crew said this was required because the shelter is on federal land, I guess.)

The Shelter was built in memory of Debby Edelstein (I believe, sorry if that's spelled wrong!) so I'm not sure if it will eventually be known as the Edelstein shelter or the Bromley Shelter.

(In addition the warming hut at the top of bromley remains open to hikers as well.)
- Ivy