WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    Don't make me go to photoshop.

Miss Janet, wishing you the best in this move. Let us know if there is anything th dinos can do to help.
    I didn't know Miss Janet was directing "A Walk in the Woods!"
    Frosty

Default Miss Janet

Janet, what can I say? Thank you. Best wishes. Blessings. See you later!

Brushy Sage (Jack Thomas)

Miss Janet, good luck in the movie! Stay focused and enjoy the graduation at Snap On Tools. Change is good and exciting.

Thank you for helping hikers.

Miss Janet,

I haven't had the pleasure of making your acquaintance yet but I hope to in the future. I would certainly be willing to come down and help out with working on sprucing up a new place. Will be saying a prayer that you locate a place that will be just right for you!

~ trillium ~

Miss Janet,

Thanks for all you do. Good luck with directing the movie. Will you be changing the title to The Craftsman since you have lost your Snap On sponsorship? The tale of a graduating mechanic walking the AT has strong appeal.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Images

Default Telephone game

I heard she was having an affair with a southbounder. Once he gets to Georgia, he's gonna flip flop and take Miss Janet back to the White Mountains where she is gonna teach the northener's real southern hospitality.
    and then...
    and then....
    I remember once at band camp.....

Seriously though, Janet if you ever create such a wonderful outdoor adventure business and can afford to have an employee, where can I submit my resume????
    Blister "Bitchen" Sister

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

So many photoshop opportunities, so little time.

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Blister View Post
    I heard she was having an affair with a southbounder. Once he gets to Georgia, he's gonna flip flop and take Miss Janet back to the White Mountains where she is gonna teach the northener's real southern hospitality.
    and then...
    and then....
    I remember once at band camp.....

I didn't know you were a musician!

Attachment 1905

Music is FUN !

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/James/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/James/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/James/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-6.jpg[/IMG]

Journal Entries
    Images

I wish you the best Janet. I'll never forget first meeting you in '01 when you were just dreaming of having a "Miss Janets." Now that this has been a reality, it is only up to you to proceed further in this endeavour if that is your soul desire...............

Miss Janet's was closed by the Feds for a "wardrobe malfunction"?

Best of Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Janet;

These circumstances give me the best opportunity to research options and search out the perfect property to build the ideal year round outdoor adventure business. The plans will include a homestyle hostel with several unique lodging options, full shuttle services, backpacking workshops, hiking retreats, and much more! I have been looking at local property and talking to a few people about some possible options. I will be accepting ideas and comments at from friends at [email
    [email protected][/email]. Wish me the best.
    charge set fees and don't allow any work-for-stay. no hikers should need money as early as erwin.

missjanet, it has been a pleasure in experiencing your establishment. always had a wonderful time. wish you luck in your new chapter in life(insert tears here)and yes, i do hope you will find the perfect place in erwin
    Peanuts (aka i.j.)
    "A womans place its on the trail"

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    charge set fees and don't allow any work-for-stay. no hikers should need money as early as erwin.
    Even SOBOs?

Best of luck Miss Janet. Doesn't 2000 seem like yesterday? Well, maybe not.
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

Quote Originally Posted by saimyoji View Post
    Even SOBOs?
    yup. EVERYBODY pays. i have 0 pity for broke hikers. funny how hikers claim to be broke when they get to a town/hostel but they ALWAYS have $$ for beer, pot, cigarettes and restaurant meals.

"i have 0 pity for broke hikers" Spoken like a true tru****nder. There are many reasons hikers may not have cash on hand and it may have nothing to do with them being sponges. No one carries all the cash they are going to need from Springer to K. Sometimes misjudgments are made about how much you need to carry from one ATM to another, or mail w/cash or bonds hasn't arrived (happened to me) or a myriad of reasons that have nothing to do with them being moochers. Moochers get known, they get alternate trailnames -- Doc Everlast becomes Doc Everask, etc. and they suffer for the classlessness. But not everything is black/white. Unless of course you can afford it and don't care about anyone but yourself.
    Yahtzee

Quote Originally Posted by Yahtzee View Post
    "i have 0 pity for broke hikers" Spoken like a true tru****nder. There are many reasons hikers may not have cash on hand and it may have nothing to do with them being sponges. No one carries all the cash they are going to need from Springer to K. Sometimes misjudgments are made about how much you need to carry from one ATM to another, or mail w/cash or bonds hasn't arrived (happened to me) or a myriad of reasons that have nothing to do with them being moochers. Moochers get known, they get alternate trailnames -- Doc Everlast becomes Doc Everask, etc. and they suffer for the classlessness. But not everything is black/white. Unless of course you can afford it and don't care about anyone but yourself.
    Take it outside you two. This is not the thread for that subject
    If a man speaks in the forest, but there is no women to hear him, IS HE STILL WRONG

mind your own ps and qs

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    mind your own ps and qs
    All P's and Q's accounted or SIR.

(Well, except for that one on the corner and I think he was wearing a dress at traildays.)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Janet View Post
    You all know how it is played... you whisper a phrase or sentence to the person on your left and then they repeat it to the next person and so on. The fun part of the game is to hear the last person say the phrase out loud. Rarely is it even close to the first phrase and it is usually just a confusing mishmash of nonsense that makes everyone laugh!

The AT version isn't always so funny... but it is almost always just as inaccurate. So, before this newest game of AT Telephone gets any farther from the truth... let me make an official announcement.

Miss Janet's House will be closing up in a few weeks.

Some recent rumours have had me bankrupt, gravely ill, and getting married. None of these things are true. It is simply the right time to make some major life changes. My youngest daughter graduated this week and will turn 18 in a few weeks. Legal childsupport obligations for her father are now over and this house was a large part of that arrangement for the past 7 years. Now her father is losing his position of over 28 years. The Snap On Tools plant where he has spent his career, is closing down.

MISS JANET"S HOUSE has outgrown this building and neighborhood and I can not justify trying to continue the business at this address. We agreed to sell the home and divide any equity as soon as possible. (Ever want to live in a nice old home in a small town like Erwin??) Only the home is for sale... not the business!

These circumstances give me the best opportunity to research options and search out the perfect property to build the ideal year round outdoor adventure business. The plans will include a homestyle hostel with several unique lodging options, full shuttle services, backpacking workshops, hiking retreats, and much more! I have been looking at local property and talking to a few people about some possible options. I will be accepting ideas and comments at from friends at [email protected]. Wish me the best.

Now, feel free to pass it on to the person on your left...
    Everyone is behind you.Good luck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++