WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by worms222 View Post
    he was at rustys i was with him

worm
    no way. lewis & clark didn't have phones. how old is this jed kid?
    Last edited by Frolicking Dinosaurs; 07-16-2007 at 03:45.

http://www.facebook.com/themissjanet Miss Janet's Avatar
    Images

You can be worried or just a little concerned even if a hiker is just a day late checking in. Making a phone call or two or posting a message on a message board isn't exactly "pushing the panic button". It is easy to find someone on the AT if you need to. Pushing the panic button would be calling out the search and rescue teams or making a missing persons report.

(Heck, I worry about SOME of you every time I put you on the trail!)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Janet View Post

<SNIP>

(Heck, I worry about SOME of you every time I put you on the trail!)
    I feel the love...

Oh, by the way- I am looking forward to seeing you next year.

i am going to go out on a limb here and suggest somethings that will anger some. im sorry in advance for the outburst of negetivity im about to spew. but as a lifetime followere of life, ive learned a bit about things. what im about to say is my opinion backed up by nothing other than a gut feeling and a one million dollar bet that im right. here goes my take on this.

this is a fake poster. this person jed does not exist. no one is missing. one person is behind two or three of the posters. jed , if he were so large with such feet and being out hiking at this season, would be known by many if he existed. he dosnt. these posts were intended to amuse and keep company to some basement troll who lies because he dosnt have confidence his tru storys would apeal to anyone. the peices of the story that are missing , when put together, spell, all made up. its a common behavior in our lonely sociaty. if im right and you , whoever you are, are making up storys, know that this community seeks out sad and lonly individuals such as yourself and welcomes them into our healing circle. you sir may join me and my friends on any one of our outings and be a valued member of a real story. if im wrong, then im wrong. i ask for proof that any of this is real . proof in the form of a poster with more than 3 posts saying they met jed. no one will. no one has. no one can meet him. hes in your mind. modled after jed clampit, large feet and tall. nice try . i estimate the poster to be under 18.
    matthewski

Images

I saw him. Tennessee Jed spent thursday evening thru sunday morning eating, drinking, and relaxing at Hog Camp Gap. After two and a half days of hamburgers, pork loin, pancakes, pasta salad, home brewed beer and some home made wine, he put his pack back on and walked north around 10am on sunday (June 10th) morning around 10:30. He looked healthy and happy to me.
    If he had needed to make a call there were several folks there with working cell phones as well as one or two trips down to Buena Vista for ice and water.
    What? Me worry??

your mistaken redneck. you saw joe shmo that day. lol.not lol.
    matthewski

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    your mistaken redneck. you saw joe shmo that day. lol.not lol.
    Here he is
    http://picasaweb.google.com/jwdaad/T...22612175567186
    And that is probably some of Angus' homemade Raspberry wine in the red cup!
    What? Me worry??

im an ass. i like that.his feet dont look so big! i was misled!
    matthewski

Holy cr@pola. Tennessee Jed looks just like a junior matthewski in training. I wonder if there is any relation there? Too bad he's not keeping a trail journal--we could tell for sure if only we could examine a sample of his prose.

Tennessee Jed here. Alive and well and my mom's popped a couple zanax and everything's cool. got held up @ Hog Camp Gap (with some super cool trail magic and even cooler folks) and then at Rusty's and my oh my how the time can slip by. I kinda feel like a small celebrity. yup, thanks for the concern and your welcome for the entertainment. if you see me, you have my official permission to give me cr@p. peace and happy trails.

met jed at the feed. hes hiker trash all right. a fine upstanding pair of sox if ever their were one. hes great. very nice group around him too. lucky class. thanks for existing jedster.
    matthewski

2010 complete

Quote Originally Posted by mrc237 View Post
    Shudda hadda cellphone!!!
    If he is anything like my son, he has either lost the charger, the phone, or dropped it into water and waiting for the phone to dry out.

Quote Originally Posted by modiyooch View Post
    ...or dropped it into water and waiting for the phone to dry out.
    That's a common occurance with my camera.

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    no way. lewis & clark didn't have phones. how old is this jed kid?
    Neither did Daniel Boone, but then again if he'd HAD a cellphone he wouldn't have returned to find his wife pregnant by his brother.
    Last edited by Frolicking Dinosaurs; 07-16-2007 at 03:41. Reason: language in quote

This issue has evidently been resolved, but I ran into Jed this weekend at our hiker event in Duncannon. In fact, he was my partner for an hour or so at a Trivial Pursuit game. He's a fine young man, in good spirits and health, and is doing just great, at least as of yesterday.

At this point, I think the more pressing question is, where did he find size 14 Crocs?

So Many Unanswered Questions,
    The Reverend

P.S. Glad the guy's alright

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++