WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thumbs up Off the trail with a new outlook

While this isn't exactly trail news.. Hiking the trail has given me a different outlook on life, it has made me respect the environment more, and want to help it even more than I did before.

Since the failed thru I now have some free time and have started a website on Alternative Energy and Green living.

You can visit it at http://www.do-it-green.com.

-Reddog176 aka Gadget-

Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by reddog176 View Post
    While this isn't exactly trail news.. Hiking the trail has given me a different outlook on life, it has made me respect the environment more, and want to help it even more than I did before.

Since the failed thru I now have some free time and have started a website on Alternative Energy and Green living.

You can visit it at http://www.do-it-green.com.

-Reddog176 aka Gadget-
    With what you are doing as a direct result of your hike, I would hardly call it a failed hike. It sounds like a very successful hike to me.
    Frosty

Nice site, good luck with it. Ever read about the green buildings in Chicago? they are planting grass on the roofs there.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog176 View Post
    While this isn't exactly trail news.. Hiking the trail has given me a different outlook on life,

The words failed and thru rarely, if ever, belong together and certainly not in this case as you spoke of a different outlook on life. Some "complete" a thru and return with no change in perspective. Neither has failed.

++ New Posts ++