WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Most compressible sleeping bag

I overheard someone once talking about a sleeping bag that can compress into the size of a softball. Was this an exaggeration or do they have bags that can get down to this size? I'm extremely interesting in purchasing the most highly compressible sleeping bag on the market. Price isn't a concern and neither is temperature grade as I only hike in Summer months, so +40 should be fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.

lafuma and detor (sp) both have sub 1.5 lb bags that compress to the size of a nalgene they say. on is 1 lb 2 oz and the other is 1lb 4 oz

pt
    before washing your jeans shorts, pre-treat by throwing them away.

My Marmot Atom is about the size of real big grapefruit when compressed. Add a half inch to the size of softball and you're on track.

I have the Marmot Atom and I compress it to the size of a grapefruit. Its 1 pound. The best down you can get.http://www.backcountry.com/store/MAR...gree-Down.html
    If a man speaks in the forest, but there is no women to hear him, IS HE STILL WRONG

Chache is clearly the better compressor. I stand in awe.

Johnny

Images

My Mont-bell 40 degree bag is around the size of a large grape fruit (with compression straps). Weighs 1 lb 2.95 oz with the stuff sack.

That Marmot Atom bag looks amazing. Not cheap obviously, but it's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!

The nice thing about the Atom is that you can move the down to the top or bottom to regulate temperature. You just run your hand over the baffles a few times.
    If a man speaks in the forest, but there is no women to hear him, IS HE STILL WRONG

The North Face Beeline 900 is a 30 degree bag that compresses down to the size of a grapefruit also. It's a slim cut bag that omits a zipper to cut weight. It's very comfy to me.

++ New Posts ++