WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    what was it like? who did you summit with? what did you do for your summit shot? why no details? you listen to me. im 46. i owe 170 ,000.00 to the irs. i failed to thru four times. i have no girlfriend. i want details. and i want them now! so you get in the mood!

so tell me,...everything

I just returned home to Virginia so am taking a little time to breathe.
    Lots of what happened I put in my trail journal with more thoughts to come. But when I take time to think back on the experience, it really is a miracle we made it. After sprains, a stint in the hospital, pulling off ticks knowing hikers are getting lyme disease everywhere, a stomach flu in the Whites, the terrain of NH and Maine that nearly did us in along with 70 plus mph wind, and assorted times we wanted to throw in the towel, it truly is a miracle. I put a lot of my success to my personal beliefs (I am a Christian who wholeheartedly believes in a God who loves us and is there for us) and also in the massive support I had on the homefront. When I wanted to quit in Maine (believe it or not. Some find that crazy to think, but Maine was tough for me to go on) I had a fantastically supportive husband and others to tell me to keep going, I didn't have far to go. When I was vomiting in Lakes of the CLouds hut at 2 AM I called my hubby and he helped me through it. I had people praying like crazy. I had people signing my guestbook in support and those who tirelessly e-mailed their support. But also I had in me a determination stemming from 30 years of thinking and planning for this moment in time. Back in Georgia when I first started a few hikers saw that determination and thought it would one day get me into trouble. Well it can when one wants to get out on the ridgeline in zero degree wind chill and risk life with hypothermia. But on the flip side it's determination that makes one keep going when the going gets bad. To put one foot forward and make miles, even if the miles aren't very far. To see this to the end.
    There will be more thoughts and reflections to come, no doubt. But this is a start.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by LIhikers View Post
    Now where is this journey we call life going to take you?
    Wow, I wish I knew! When you have thought and planned something for so long - you wonder - now what??

I definitely want to write about my journey as I am a writer. Paul Bunyan and I would also love to talk to scout troops, school groups and others about our experience. We got to do that in the Whites at the AMC huts twice and had a blast.

Will I hike again? Of course. What, I'm not sure at all. I thought about the PCT, but that is not a life calling. The AT was. There's still time though, I hope and pray. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Hiking Blog

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    Summited Katahdin yesterday under fantastic weather.

Blissful and Paul Bunyan
    2000 milers

Great summit photo on TJ. Remarkable achievement!!!

Congratulations!!!!
    halftime

WAY TO GO you guys, I am so proud of the two of you. I knew after hiking thru the Smokies with you that you both would make it, Blissful had such determination, she where she wanted to go each day and made sure that is where she ended up no matter what. It was hard for me to keep up with you thru the smokies but I did and I am glad for the time we spent together.

You will share a stronger bond together as mother and son now that you didn't have before, alot of mothers and sons wished they had that strong bond. I love you both. Hikernutt

WAY TO GO you guys, I am so proud of the two of you. I knew after hiking thru the Smokies with you that you both would make it, Blissful had such determination, she knew where she wanted to go each day and made sure that is where she ended up no matter what. It was hard for me to keep up with you thru the smokies but I did and I am glad for the time we spent together.

You will share a stronger bond together as mother and son now that you didn't have before, alot of mothers and sons wished they had that strong bond. I love you both. Hikernutt

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

I never doubted for a moment that you two would make it.

Don't believe everything you think. galaleemc's Avatar
    Images

Laura Lee and PB

Congrats to you both. Will you write NON fiction now?

Nice Job!!!
    E-Z---"from sea to shining sea''

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by galaleemc View Post
    Laura Lee and PB

Congrats to you both. Will you write NON fiction now?

Seems like our journey had elements that could be an adventure novel - but it was ALL true, Laura!! Yes, I hope to get it all down. My job this week as I reflect and get things in order.

It was great meeting you at Cloud Nine so long ago (it seems!) and again at Trail Days. Thanks for everything.

Hiking Blog

Images

How's PB? Does he have plans to return to his studies this fall or will that need to wait until spring?

Images

Congrats! You've accomplished much together, not just this hike...enjoy the memories!
    Do one thing everyday...that makes you happy...

Awesome: Congratulations!!!
    mini-m.

Default congrats

Isn't that funny that we missed you by one day! I can't believe there were so many days with that great weather...we were all really lucky. Congratulations.

Congratulations!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++