WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Practical jokes played on other hikers

Nothing to be scared of.

A few years back, some sick evil-minded people left a dead maggoty woodchuck in my pack at Trail Days, where it festered un-noticed for the whole weekend.

A whole roll of quarters at the do-it-yourself car wash and a whole s***load of Febreeze did the job. Came out right as rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Nothing to be scared of.

A few years back, some sick evil-minded people left a dead maggoty woodchuck in my pack at Trail Days, where it festered un-noticed for the whole weekend.

A whole roll of quarters at the do-it-yourself car wash and a whole s***load of Febreeze did the job. Came out right as rain.
    it was one person that put it in your tent and it was just overnight. the groundhog had been festering in a dumpster for a couple days prior.

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    it was one person that put it in your tent and it was just overnight. the groundhog had been festering in a dumpster for a couple days prior.

You seem to have intimate knowledge....

Quote Originally Posted by saimyoji View Post
    You seem to have intimate knowledge....
    yup. i was there. as a witness

Images

my brother was in a church group hiking for a week, at the beginning of the week, the equipment was divided up, and he was the one to carry the large cooking pots. one day he noticed his pack seemed to get heavier and heavier through the day, he was thinking it was him getting tired, but nope, he didn't realize till they got to a campsite at the end of the day, that the cooking pots had been filled up w/ rocks by his fellow hikers.
    Gaiter
    homepage.mac.com/thickredhair
    web.mac.com/thickredhair/AT_Fall_07

I dunno how this ended up here; my original post was supposed to be in the "How to deal with a stinky tent" thread, and somebody was worried about using Febreeze. Anyway, it's a good product and it works.

Jack Tarlin-"A few years back, some sick evil-minded people left a dead maggoty woodchuck in my pack at Trail Days, where it festered un-noticed for the whole weekend."
    I remember walking by the the car wash and saying to the person I was with: "Jack doesn't own a car" until I got closer and could see you using the high pressure spray on your pack and swearing profusely.

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

I think the woodchuck was placed in Jack's pack to discourage pack sniffers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dinosaurs View Post
    I think the woodchuck was placed in Jack's pack to discourage pack sniffers.
    Smells like teen spirit.

There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus! Monkeyboy's Avatar

Not really practical jokes, but the boys in my scout troop like to have a little fun with hikers going the opposite direction.....

They like to wait until the hiker is right up on top of them and say silly things like.....

"....and that's why we get money when Billy dances......" or

".....and ever since the blow hole incident, I can never go to Sea World again......"

You should see the faces of the people as they walk past......and I usually see them because I bring up the rear usually to make sure none fall behind........priceless.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyboy View Post
    Not really practical jokes, but the boys in my scout troop like to have a little fun with hikers going the opposite direction.....

They like to wait until the hiker is right up on top of them and say silly things like.....

"....and that's why we get money when Billy dances......" or

".....and ever since the blow hole incident, I can never go to Sea World again......"

You should see the faces of the people as they walk past......and I usually see them because I bring up the rear usually to make sure none fall behind........priceless.
    Leave poor William alone. You never quit, do you?
    That's my dog, Echo. He's a fine young dog.

http://www.facebook.com/themissjanet Miss Janet's Avatar
    Images

Default What I remember...

I remember Jack wielding a car wash wand and threatening everyone that walked by. I didn't know what was going on until much later... I SWEAR!!

We ate and were restocking in town. HippyMan and I both left town complaining of heavy packs from the restock. 23 miles down (up) the trail Hippyman turned to me and said that he had enough for the day and I agreed. We sat down and I asked him if he wanted a cold beer. He was so shocked that I would carry beer that whole way and happily said yes.

I told him to pull the six pack out of his pack as I gave him his sleeping bag back.

He wanted to be mad but couldn't because we had beer.

geek

i remeber a pretty good joke this past trail days that involved a tent and a hole and late late nite. maybe it was played on some one who started this thread..............

pt
    before washing your jeans shorts, pre-treat by throwing them away.

Images

should this thread be re-named practical jokes on jack?
    Gaiter
    homepage.mac.com/thickredhair
    web.mac.com/thickredhair/AT_Fall_07

I can't believe I am the first to say this, but how could you tell there was a dead groundhog in your pack? It must have been because of the increase in weight.

Images

I have always wanted to tie a pack loop off to a root, or about 20' to a tree.

Have refrained out of fear of hurting someone. Funny mental image tho...

Quote Originally Posted by mudhead View Post
    I have always wanted to tie a pack loop off to a root, or about 20' to a tree.

Have refrained out of fear of hurting someone. Funny mental image tho...
    mudhead,
    That would be soooo good. I too would be afraid of hurting someone but .....what an image!

geek

Images

i once was sitting by a stream getting water when my buddies fleece face mask fell into the water, it was below freezing and he was pissed it fell in. I remembered you can spin fleece to dry it but had never tested it. I span it over my head then jammed it over his head with the quickness LOL he was freaking out and it was not all the way dry(most of the way), I laughed until my side split and had to run away for a sec so he couldn't get me.

Thickredhair-"should this thread be re-named practical jokes on jack?"
    You may have a point there! (click image of Jack sleeping to enlarge)
    Attachment 2364

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++