WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Images

Gosh, it's good to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Best laugh I've had in a long time, Rain Man

Quote Originally Posted by The Weasel View Post
    Well, Rain, as I've invited people twice before, you just tell me when you're gonna head for that kids' camp up in the woods so you can strip down in the dining hall
    TW
    This seems to be a scenario you like repeating.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Imager View Post
    This seems to be a scenario you like repeating.
    No, but those who keep saying, "What's the harm?" about nudism in a fairly high-population trail (the AT isn't like being in Alaska, folks) seem to want to skip over the concept of how it's inappropriate in shelters (which is where this topic began) or when a group of teens appears (as an early post remarked on).

TW
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

Well, Rain, as I've invited people twice before, you just tell me when you're gonna head for that camp up in the woods so we can strip down while you act all indecent. If you've got lotsa money, I'll even give you my phone number.

So you let it all hang "free" and show me how "brave" you are. I'll be "brave" for you.

TW

Now isn't that sweet.

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    So, to wrap this up. If you want to hike naked do it on private land or at freak show nudists colonies. Keep your fat, bare asses off public trails. Y'alls opinions on this don't matter. I'm right, your wrong. End of discussion and thread.
    And don't be sportin' a woody when you do it.

That's bad manners.

Quote Originally Posted by Austexs View Post
    And don't be sportin' a woody when you do it.
    No that would be the last straw, so to speak.

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

Well, They Might Be.

TW
    Whoooooooosh!

Quote Originally Posted by Austexs View Post
    Whoooooooosh!

Yup, that was truly one of the more humorous & witty posts this week from The Weasel. Glad to see he's got his undies un-bunched a bit.

Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator View Post
    I keep that dear to heart whenever I read your posts. Which, BTW, are up to 175 in the last seven days. That's 25 posts a day. Trollin' much?
    You COUNTED how many times he posted in the last seven days?!?! Whatever for?
    Frosty

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    You COUNTED how many times he posted in the last seven days?!?!...
    I didn't actually count the posts, I counted the PAGES . Seven times 25 is 175. I think it took 20-30 seconds total, but I double checked it .

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    ...Whatever for?
    To let him know that he was on tilt.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

intro to sociology should be mandatory for all people, and should be repeated every 5 years.........

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
    intro to sociology should be mandatory for all people, and should be repeated every 5 years.........
    Statistics would be more useful in this instance. If you graphed people's behavior, you would get a distribution with two very long tails and a big lump in the middle. The big lump in the middle needs to learn to be more tolerant of the tails.

Why? Because: People generally do the best they can under the circumstances in which they find themselves. Thank goodness this guy has found an outlet for his primal need to be clothesless and isn't flashing little girls and old ladies in the grocery store. Or worse. He's going for a walk out in nature au naturel. Google reveals that he is far from the only one who enjoys this.

Perhaps we do need clothing-optional trails, just as there are clothing-optional beaches. That way it wouldn't surprise people to see a nude hiker coming down the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Appalachian Tater View Post
    Statistics would be more useful in this instance. If you graphed people's behavior, you would get a distribution with two very long tails and a big lump in the middle. The big lump in the middle needs to learn to be more tolerant of the tails.

Why? Because: People generally do the best they can under the circumstances in which they find themselves. Thank goodness this guy has found an outlet for his primal need to be clothesless and isn't flashing little girls and old ladies in the grocery store. Or worse. He's going for a walk out in nature au naturel. Google reveals that he is far from the only one who enjoys this.

Perhaps we do need clothing-optional trails, just as there are clothing-optional beaches. That way it wouldn't surprise people to see a nude hiker coming down the trail.

fyi statistics are vital to sociaology as well as psychology. they are one in the same.

clothing optional trails with warning signs are a great idea. however we dont have them and people need to understand that according to the current norms in our society it is unacceptable to walk in a public area naked and should be ready to accept the consequences, and or retaliation.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    how about exhibitionist perverted Ahole
    that will work lol neo

How did I miss this thread? Oh I know, I was on the trail hiking. I see all the usual suspects are here bemoaning nudity.

Being ashamed of the naked human body, is a shame. What's a little genitalia? Everyone has it and it mostly looks the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I've steered clear of this debate and don't plan to weigh-in, however I do have an observation.

There is no one from new england advocating for naked hiking.

There's a skeeter on my pe....
    You obviously haven't hiked in VT. It's like friggin Amsterdam on the trail.
    Again, all dudes, usually old, wrinkled and creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    How did I miss this thread? Oh I know, I was on the trail hiking. I see all the usual suspects are here bemoaning nudity.

Being ashamed of the naked human body, is a shame. What's a little genitalia? Everyone has it and it mostly looks the same.
    good. so we'll see you parading your naked ass around the NOC in a coupla weeks then?

As in "dessert" not "desert"

"Naturalist" to me connotes someone who studies nature, not a nudist! Charles Darwin and Audobon were naturalists.

Here's the thing-- even if it doesn't bother someone to go naked in front of other people, you have to know that other people might be bothered by it. So why do it? Have some common sense and don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    What's a little genitalia?

Speak for yourself.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
++ New Posts ++