WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My DR prescribed some liquid stuff, (I don't have the bottle here, but it was Ciplorox or something like that). Put it on the nail and the adjacent ones (it can spread), every night. After the bottle ran out, I waited. Stuff came back. Next time I saw the DR, he said lets try it again. He said if the second go-around didn't work, then we could do the pills-internal stuff, but he'd prefer not to. Second time, it worked! Killed the stuff. The other things to do are change your socks a few times a day and even just slip off your shoes at work a few times a day and let the dogs air out.
    For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away Bryan Adams....
    Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes. - sargevining on HF

I used to have toenail fungus too. Picked it up from the gym. Didn't knew it until I noticed that two of my toenails started to turn yellow and thick. I visited a podiatrist and he confirmed that I had toenail fungus. He prescribed me an oral medication (I forgot the name), but never discussed to me the side effects. While on medication I always felt lightheaded and sometimes nauseous. I dropped the oral meds after two weeks and searched for a topic medication instead. I found one online called Fungusil which is more like a medicated clear polish. It says on the label that all the ingredients are all-natural so I gave it a shot. It took me a month to see that my yellow nails started to clear up. Toenail fungus requires continued treatment so I used the product for several months and I think it works.

Images

topical products do not work on a fungus which is imbedded in the nail check with your dermatologist they will prescribe an appropriate drug to take

I had fungus in a toenail several years ago. Did not spread to any other toes. Dr. told me he could give a prescription, but the drugs have non-desirable side effects! Or the Dr. said to treat with Tea-Tree Oil at least once a day. Will take at least 6 months, up to a year - a little over the time to completely grow a new nail, varies person to person somewhat. The Oregano oil works the same. It took a couple of drops to wet all the way around the nail. It Works!

Yes, dealing with toenail fungus is really disgusting. However, problem is not so scary if proper measures are taken at initial stage. You should try zetaclear or funginix. Both are these are natural toenail fungus medicine and are equally effective. You can apply them on our affected toenail to get rid of infection and to get beautiful and shiny nails. Both zetaclear and funginix are safe to use and does not contain any side effects.

Thanks, Buck.
    Tosto:
    I was also treated with a prescription which took care of it altogether. I had it on all ten toes. My wife has it and refuses to get treated because she's afraid that it will mess up her liver (she had chemo for breast cancer 14 years ago and doesn't want to risk the probability that it has already affected her internal organs).

I consider it a minor miracle that I haven't re-contracted it from her. Anyhow, I'm glad I did what I did, but, as in many cases concerning medical treatments, ymmv.

Quote Originally Posted by buckowens View Post
    I had it quite a while ago and was given a prescription drug to clear it up. I was grounded by the Flight Surgeon, but it worked well and they are now clear. I believe there are a few different drugs out there, but they can be hard on your liver. If you don't care about it, I do not think it spreads unless somehow exposed to the nail bed through damage or poking and prodding.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

:banana

Nail fungus is very common problem these days. However if you have proper knowledge about it then this problem can be resolved very easily. There are several medicines are available which you can use to treat nail fungus, but they have a lot of other side effects. Some of them also affect the lungs so it would be better to use Funginix, which is a topical treatment and It is made up of herbal products extracted form plant and herbs. So it is completely safe and does not affect the body adversely.

funginix-review1.jpg

I picked up toe nail fungus on my 4th trip to Alaska in 1996. We camped and roughed it along the way. I suspect I got it in a shower. Anyway, about two weeks into the trip the first symptoms were stinky feet. No matter what I did, stinky feet! By the time we got back to the lower 48, the big toe nail on my right foot began to show signs of being yellow and thicker toward the end. Cleaning under it was breath taking.

Anyway, after no signs of improvement for over 3 months, I brought the problem to the attention of my family doctor. He prescribed an oral medication. I do not recall the time frame, but it cleared it up. That was about 15 years ago........... fungus free and no stinky feet to this day!

I can relate to this problem, i,ve had toenail fungus on all toes for a long time. I took pills once to clear it up and it did just that but as the new nails were growing i had so many ingrown toenails that the pain was so bad i couldn,t hardly walk. I was so glad when the fungus came back and took my nails away again, pain free. As long as it don,t spread to my finger nails i,ll just keep the fungus and wear socks.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by oldfivetango View Post
    Is there some reason plain old Clorox would not do the job?
    I believe that pool chemicals are a sodium based chlorine,sodium
    hypochlorite as I recall,but I can't help but wonder if it is the free
    residual chlorine itself that does the job?

Inquiring minds want to know........

One more thing about pool chemicals-they can cause fire if exposed
    to petroleum products because they are a powerful "oxidizer".OOps!
    Don't ask me how I know.
    Oldfivetango
    What happened.......
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Davis Brown View Post
    Nail fungus is very common problem these days. However if you have proper knowledge about it then this problem can be resolved very easily. There are several medicines are available which you can use to treat nail fungus, but they have a lot of other side effects. Some of them also affect the lungs so it would be better to use Funginix, which is a topical treatment and It is made up of herbal products extracted form plant and herbs. So it is completely safe and does not affect the body adversely.

funginix-review1.jpg
    Wow , this is a wrong assumption. Just because something is herbal then it is safe? Belladonna is a herb but kills people in less than an hour. it is a herb with lots of medical purposes but is a killer in untrained hands.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by o hiker guy View Post
    I can relate to this problem, i,ve had toenail fungus on all toes for a long time. I took pills once to clear it up and it did just that but as the new nails were growing i had so many ingrown toenails that the pain was so bad i couldn,t hardly walk. I was so glad when the fungus came back and took my nails away again, pain free. As long as it don,t spread to my finger nails i,ll just keep the fungus and wear socks.
    Double negative , so means you could walk with no problem or you meant : I could hardly walk. which one?

IF you steep Red Man in water for a couple days, pull out the tobacco the remaining water is a useful pesticide. It'll kill you too so use gloves. It's all natural by the way and you're supposed to put the stuff in your mouth but then again, drinking too much water will kill ya too.

Quote Originally Posted by theoilman View Post
    I had fungus in a toenail several years ago. Did not spread to any other toes. Dr. told me he could give a prescription, but the drugs have non-desirable side effects! Or the Dr. said to treat with Tea-Tree Oil at least once a day. Will take at least 6 months, up to a year - a little over the time to completely grow a new nail, varies person to person somewhat. The Oregano oil works the same. It took a couple of drops to wet all the way around the nail. It Works!
    Vicks Vapo Rub on the toe is supposed to have the same effect when used daily over several months.

Quote Originally Posted by Kookork View Post
    Double negative , so means you could walk with no problem or you meant : I could hardly walk. which one?
    That's a commonly used double negative here in Kentucky. I would guess that 99% of the folks hearing such a comment would know that the dude was having a difficult time walking due to the condition that he just explained in the earlier part of the sentence.

I didn't know that it was common practice to add a space before a punctuation mark such as a comma or colon!

Journal Entries
    Images

I have never had fungus. But have had athletes foot several times - where the skin comes off the toes. I found out by accident that the iodine used in surguries will clear it up in one wash.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

take a raw clove of garlic daily, cut sugar intake, keep feet dry and clean, change socks and get rid of the shoes you wear because they will carry the athletes foot virus. u keep giving yourself the virus by puting on the same old contaminated shoe....so they say........as for fungus, now thats another ball game.......never had the fungus but did have the athletes foot that WOW talks about.....cured it with above actions

Images

oops turned WOO into WOW............LOL

How about forget all these old wives tails and go get a prescription of Lamasil? Call it a day.

Dear Tosto, you are absolutely right, having toe nail fungus is one of the annoying thing that you could have on your feet and you are going for any type of distance hiking. Lots of people meet doctors when they get infected by toe nail fungus. You can also try to resolve such issues with the help of some home remedies, even if you want fast results then you can easily go for some more remedies such pur nail fungus treatment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++