WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog Photos

Journal Entries
    Images

Motocav: I thought may the dog was a Jack Russell? You can tell I am not good at IDing dogs. I have fooled around with the idea of taking a dog on a thru hike of CDT. I pretty much have decided it would be to hard on a dog. So . . . I may change my mind. But I doubt it. The photos sure are terrific. Wow, what a collection of neat dog photos. I could change my mind . . . if my wife got me the right dog . . . . .. . . . .
    "Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" (Rudyard Kipling)
    From SunnyWalker, SOBO CDT hiker starting June 2014.
    Please visit: SunnyWalker.Net

Just found this site and LOVE it!
    Am hoping to walk the trail in a couple of years with my Chesapeake Bay Retriever "Hazel", so finding this site with all the information it provides will help me tremendously in planning our adventure!
    Here's a picture of Hazel in 2008 at 13 months old.
    She looks like she was ready then to take the "walk"!
    - Michelle and Hazel
    Blucollar K-9s

A hopeful trail dog for 2011. We do day hikes all the time and have camped a few times, but will try the Long Trail in VT this summer to see how we do long term.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/saritab/4283662528/

Journal Entries
    Images

apudreamer: Wow, thats a neat photo. You caught a good one there. Thanks for sharing it. -Chaplain
    "Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" (Rudyard Kipling)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain View Post
    apudreamer: Wow, thats a neat photo. You caught a good one there. Thanks for sharing it. -Chaplain

Thanks Chaplain! Feel free to check out the rest of the photo stream if you are interested (warning- more mountain/ travel related than dog).

Default Apache the Catahoula backpacker

I have one of those best-backpacking-partner-ever's too!! Check out my boy! I swear I took this a few weeks ago, before I saw your photo! Apparently this is a popular stance among Catahoulas

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and Jack View Post
    Best backpacking partner ever, my dog Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by christopherstyles View Post
    I have one of those best-backpacking-partner-ever's too!! Check out my boy! I swear I took this a few weeks ago, before I saw your photo! Apparently this is a popular stance among Catahoulas

Hey, I knew I recognized that stance and the nose and the tail. I couldn't believe it when you said it was that kind of dog. I though we were the only ones!

My Hiking Gang

- Michelle and Hazel
    Blucollar K-9s

Default Copper

Here is our boy!

Registered User Bama Jack & Sadie's Avatar
    Images

Sadie (Princess) being carried up the stairs at Amicalola. She was afraid of the metal stairs so I had to carry her (luckily only half way up) The other pic is 4 days later at Neel's Gap kicking back relaxing. Great hiking buddy. She did the GA section for her 1st B'day present.

Journal Entries
    Images

These continue to be great. Wouldn't it be cool to print these all in a book? AT Hiking Dawgs or something. Ha! that Apache looks like a thru hiker for soure. Superman-looks like you got a good companion for that little girl. Blucollar-nice pack of dogs. Do you and them hike? GAJethro, swimmer?!? I'll bet you spend some hours playing. Does the dog go after frisbees? Thanks one and all. Anyone have photos of your dogs in your tent or peeking out of your tent while on AT or CDT or whatever??

Quote Originally Posted by christopherstyles View Post

Awesome pup! I frakn love catahoulas. We have a 5 yr old catahoula named Ziggy and he is great. Unfortunately he is a tad too aggressive for the trail. That's where my 2 yr old black lab comes in.

Attachment 8044

another picture of Winter

Meet Bear, a year round hiker, hes the only one that will wait for my slow arse. If i take too long a break, he will come back down the trail looking for me. Here he is, came back looking for me:

He enjoys the views from the top too , Little Bigelow Mtn , Feb 19, 2010, 15 degrees, wind gusting 25-30 :

WALK ON

Default Photo of my dogs

The first is a photo of my two men on Park Point, Duluth MN. Ryley is a red-headed Siberian who has endless energy and knack for truely appreciating nature. Dan is a red-headed Human who I tends to enjoy the greater indoors over the greater north. I am in the second photo with Ryley in the front yard garden, this was taken just moments before Ryley decided the yard needed a landscaping job and tore up the entire lawn.
    I like to say that Ryley takes after his father in looks and me in attitude.

I have not really introduced myself yet and since this is a photo thread, I thought this would be a great place to start.

Quick Bio:
    My name is Tierney, I am a twenty year old female student at NDSU who is majoring in Zoology, Anthropology and English. I am very active and enjoy being outdoors in all seasons. I just ended my truck insurance and instead I am riding a bike everywhere. I must say, winter biking in Fargo is a blast! I am currently looking to adopt a second husky but I am undecided on a couple of factors, mainly WHEN I should make that commitment. My dog and I are training for a marathon for next fall and a hike from Fargo, ND to Duluth, MN (taking the North Country Scenic Trail) this summer. I am hoping that the hike will give me an idea of how well my dog and I will do on a thru-hike.
    My biggest challenge is figuring out how I can make a thru-hike enjoyable and safe for me and my dog. A very real possibility is attempting the hike with two dogs since I enjoy a challenge but I will have an idea of how possible that is after a couple cross-state hikes.

Hey! where's Winter?
    Attachment 8105

Not committing until I graduate! Sassafras Lass's Avatar
    Images

This is my would-be hiking buddy - we were not able to keep him, and it still pains me, but he has a good home now.
    Formerly 'F-Stop'

If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.

~ Dolly Parton

Images

This is my favorite thread ever. Do they make backpacks for Chihuahuas. LOL. If I took my Annie I would have to carry her good for nothing but loving on.
    If you can’t fix it with duct tape or a beer; it ain’t worth fixing

Journal Entries
    Images

Argent: There are some posts on WB RE Husky's and the heat and humidty. You might want to look them over. Good photo. Husky's always look clean.

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++