WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by EWS View Post
    And people consider that "healthy"
    You know what they say about opinions.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"
    www.hammockforums.net

And people consider that "healthy"
    You keep on taking that Flintstones chewable dude.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"
    www.hammockforums.net

How much space does one day's worth of 40 plus ingestibles occupy?

I don't need vitamins.

Why don't you drop a vitamin pill in a glass of water with some vinegar or lemon juice and see how long it takes to dissolve? Not long.

How much space does one day's worth of 40 plus ingestibles occupy?

I don't need vitamins.
    The alimentary canal has a hole at each end, it ain't like packing a duffel bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Appalachian Tater View Post
    Why don't you drop a vitamin pill in a glass of water with some vinegar or lemon juice and see how long it takes to dissolve? Not long.
    I've done it. What is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by take-a-knee View Post
    The alimentary canal has a hole at each end, it ain't like packing a duffel bag.
    Really

Nonetheless, 40 dietary supplements can either mean a cup full of pills or living on the stuff.

Smith Gap, Pennsylvania - SEE your (The AT Guide) for more information

Default get a real trail life

Hummm, So You guys are actually dissolving over the counter medicines at home for fun, while I am at home chilling out with hikers that visit us.
    You need to move nearer to the AT if that is what you are all about.

How many people are on blood thinners (Plavix, cumadin etc) Vit K does the same thing.
    Vit K is used by the liver to make blood clotting factors. Coumadin blocks Vit K. The antidote for coumadin overdose is Vit K. Plavix works on platlets and has absolutely nothing to do with Vit K. Not trying to start a argument. Not trying to be a jerk. I just know that you mis-spoke and I would hate to see somebody do something stupid with their meds.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mechanical Man View Post
    Hummm, So You guys are actually dissolving over the counter medicines at home for fun, while I am at home chilling out with hikers that visit us.
    You need to move nearer to the AT if that is what you are all about.
    i live 60 yards off the AT, don't visit with hikers and crush vitamins. somethin' wrong with me?

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf View Post
    somethin' wrong with me?
    Something wrong with you? :::::: NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    E-Z---"from sea to shining sea''

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

My Dearest LW,

You are too normal to be here. We must request you leave this thread at once.

Love,
    The Dysfunctionals

Quote Originally Posted by Critterman View Post
    Vit K is used by the liver to make blood clotting factors. Coumadin blocks Vit K. The antidote for coumadin overdose is Vit K. Plavix works on platlets and has absolutely nothing to do with Vit K. Not trying to start a argument. Not trying to be a jerk. I just know that you mis-spoke and I would hate to see somebody do something stupid with their meds.
    Okay Critter, you turned this into the physiology channel, not me. The last time I checked, there were 19 known steps in the clotting cascade. All synthetic clotting/clot busting drugs attempt to modify one or more of these steps to bring about a temporary alteration of the natural process. These drugs are prescribed as a bandaid to correct for the harmful effects of an unhealthy lifestyle, IE , smoking and a high-fat, high-carb diet. Few people actually need them long term, they need to modify their lifestyle. The fact that a vitamin serves as an antidote for a man-made drug should raise a red flag. You think maybe prevention might be the wiser course of action?

Clot buster drugs after an MI or CVA(infarct) are dangerous but save lives everyday. The handfuls of pills prescribed to most seniors help the local BMW franchise more than anything else.

Most all who take anticoagulants do so to avoid life-threatening events. For instance, I take a baby aspirin every day, not because of any deficiency or unhealthy lifestyle, but to reduce my risk of heart attack or stroke.

People who are on prescribed long-term anticoagulants have their labs closely monitored by their physician or nurse practitioner. Plenty of people have no risk factors for heart attack or stroke other than genetics.

All synthetic clotting/clot busting drugs attempt to modify one or more of these steps to bring about a temporary alteration of the natural process.
    Yes, and if you take coumadin and then you take vit K, the coumadin becomes ineffective. Then maybe somebody has a heart attack and drops dead all because some person puts out bad info on the internet and some poor guy is stupid enough to believe it. I was trying to point that out in a nice way.

Death by stupidity is just one form of natural selection.

Smith Gap, Pennsylvania - SEE your (The AT Guide) for more information

Default the friendliest town?

Folks from Damascus are exempt from this thread from now on, they just live too close to the trail.
    And they are just TOO darn friendly, there must be something wrong with them, all of them. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Skidsteer View Post
    'Cause your body can't absorb them that fast.
    By far the most intelligent answer as yet. . .

1 lb. bacon, 6 beers and a pint of whiskey supplimented by a multi vitamin stuffed into a snicker 3 x day will give you all of the nutrition you need for a thru hike and the excercise will keep the cholesterol from being harmful...40 pills???...you have to be kidding if you think that is healthy.

geek

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++