WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Journal Entries
    Images

Default MP3 player, who uses one?

Who carries an MP3 player with them? When do you listen, at night, at breaks, or while hiking? What do you listen too?

I carry a little flash drive one I have, the 40GB iPod is too heavy and needs charging to often. I listen at breaks and in the evenings, not while hiking. I listen to Corey Smith, Zac Brown, Van Morrison, Jimmy Buffett, stuff like that. Just wondering................

I listen to both a Ipod shuffle and a Dell dj. Love 'em both. Use them mostly when I hike, not much in camp or in my tent. Tho, don't use it much when I hike either. I swear Welcome to the Jungle will get you up any mountain.

A radio option can be a good thing, local radio can be quite good down South.
    Yahtzee

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

My mom purchased me a battery powered MP# player for the holidays, I will have it with me. I am not sure what type of situation I would use it in thoughm guess I will find out.

Kirby

Crocatoeahh on the trail mlkelley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    My mom purchased me a battery powered MP# player for the holidays, I will have it with me. I am not sure what type of situation I would use it in thoughm guess I will find out.

Kirby
    What brand is your battery powered mp3 player? How much storage? I've been looking for a non-rechargable battery mp3 player.

Images

I use one if I am doing a short day hike up something like Table Rock or Blood, but I dont take one backpacking.

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mlkelley View Post
    What brand is your battery powered mp3 player? How much storage? I've been looking for a non-rechargable battery mp3 player.
    The brand is Trutech. It holds 250 songs, and uses AAA batteries, 250 is plenty for me. Every now and then I will send it home and have 250 different songs added.

Kirby

Backpacking Lite had a review of a waterproof-battery powered MP3/radio that just hit the market.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-...en_orsm07.html

Quote Originally Posted by take-a-knee View Post
    Backpacking Lite had a review of a waterproof-battery powered MP3/radio that just hit the market.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-...en_orsm07.html
    Sweet, exactly what i've been looking for. Thanks

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    The brand is Trutech. It holds 250 songs, and uses AAA batteries, 250 is plenty for me. Every now and then I will send it home and have 250 different songs added.

Kirby

I know you just got this thing, but I have one, can't remember the brand, that uses a memory stick, one specially designed to fit inside it. It is light, takes one AAA battery, lasts a LONG time on one GOOD battery. Best part is and this is where I am thinking about yor thru hike, is you can buy other sticks. Have one loaded at home, swap them out at POs along your hike. Get like two, start with what you want, have someone send you the new one somewhere a few weeks up the trail. You send the first one back, still have music, and next week or so, the first one comes back to you with new music. Heck, I'd even be willing to do it for you if you buy the sticks and player!!

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by john30563 View Post
    I know you just got this thing, but I have one, can't remember the brand, that uses a memory stick, one specially designed to fit inside it. It is light, takes one AAA battery, lasts a LONG time on one GOOD battery. Best part is and this is where I am thinking about yor thru hike, is you can buy other sticks. Have one loaded at home, swap them out at POs along your hike. Get like two, start with what you want, have someone send you the new one somewhere a few weeks up the trail. You send the first one back, still have music, and next week or so, the first one comes back to you with new music. Heck, I'd even be willing to do it for you if you buy the sticks and player!!

I dig it out and get the brand name for ya if you are interested.

Absolutley interested!

Sweet, exactly what i've been looking for. Thanks
    Sorry, I googled the manufacturer and the production model has a rechargable battery.

Newegg.com still has a few AAA powered flashdrive MP3 players though none I saw was waterproof. I only want to use mine in camp so I think I'll get a Sandisk Sansa M250 or the Creative MUVO and keep it in a breast-milk storage bag.

Journal Entries
    Images

Absolutley interested!
    You doing a THRU ml? We'll see if we can find the brand name. This one is sort of old(three years), hope they're still out there.

73 days, 12 hours, 33 minutes and 9 seconds.....8.....7......6.....5

Journal Entries
    Images

http://www.gizmag.com/go/3162/

This is the one I have with a 256mb. Note that the thing only works with Lexar Jump Gear flash drives. Maybe some others out there that will work.

I’m self employed in a service business and use a Palm Pilot to schedule work, track customers and marketing. It just happens that the Palm has a built in MP3 player. It works well, I don’t listen to it while hiking, but I do use it some times at night before I fall asleep. I can also load audio books from a CD or DVD on to it and listen to them.

The Palm also has an e-book program on it. I use it much more then the MP3 player. I have well over 500 books I have downloaded (all free from www.Memoware.com ) and installed onto a memory card. I also read it when driving and get caught by a RR train or just in the evening at home. It has an easily expanded memory capacity, all I have to do is to buy a new bigger SD-card to have more songs or books on it.

Images

Love mine for the hard steep climbs/passes;
    Or on rainy days!
    Nothing fancy...

Zen Nano Plus by Creative
    uses one AAA
    lasts for about 10-12 hours depending on the weather
    Holds apxo 250 songs
    Liked this one and had to buy off of Amazon for me and eBay for my sons...because they are discontinued.

This one has a built in FM Radio and it
    has a tape recorder plus you can record from the built in Radio or CD player or go online and download songs.
    Many of the newer ones ...do not record off of the Radio or CD players.
    Waterproof...no but its so tiny ...we simply put in a snack ziploc bag...no problem
    Life's too short not to have Credit Card bills...so Charge It!!!

Images

I have a 2GB Phillips Go Gear MP3 player, it is about the size of a bic lighter. Got mine off ebay for 25.00 including S&H

Anyone download Podcasts to their MP3 player
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

Images

http://us.creative.com/products/prod...5&product=9771

I had that one when it first came out. Uses standard batteries (can't remember either AA or AAA). Really easy to use, you just pull the LCD screen part out and plug it into your computer like a flash drive, then drag and drop the stuff you want onto it like any other flash drive. Disconnect and you're done!

I loved mine, but it got stolen in my high school. Found out who took it and shook him up, but he had already sold it and the police can't do anything aobut that. Anywho, great MP3 player and real cheap. The 512 MB size retails for $35.

Images

I use a 1 gb mini disc player, by far the best option. One as batt will last me weeks with alot of play. iPods in my opinion don't do to well in the outdoors
    Mostly because it is a hard drive set up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++