WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
    Registered User Dances with Mice's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam View Post
    Yeah there was one. It showed the van parked next to the carwash vacuum, all the doors open. In the background was the neon Kroger sign...I recall it clearly.
    This one?
    You never turned around to see the frowns
    On the jugglers and the clowns
    When they all did tricks for you.

GA-ME 78, sectional 81-01 HIKER7s's Avatar
    Images

I wonder with all the driving he did ...

Alot of were they say he was driving is pretty sparsely populated, isnt it?
    I hiked that ridge Pop told me not to that morning.
    Each time out, I see that same ridge- only different.
    Each one is an adventure in itself. Leading to what is beyond the next- HIKER7s

Images

Yeah there was one. It showed the van parked next to the carwash vacuum, all the doors open. In the background was the neon Kroger sign...I recall it clearly.
    Different Kroger...the Kroger where the dog was found is around 45 minutes away if I recall and the dog was found about 3 in the afternoon. Mr. Hilton was discovered at the gas station in another part of town (that just happens to be near a Kroger) much later in the afternoon / early evening.

Whats so weird to you about searching dumpsters? They noticed her dog in the area, so instinct would tell me you would want to start searching around there and dumpsters are common places for criminals to dispose of evidence.

I keep wondering how they knew to look in that dumpster. I mean, stray dogs aren't all that uncommom, and they had to take it to a vet and everything and get the chip read. Seems like everything happened all at once, dog found, dumpster searched, perp located. All in a span of 4 or 5 hours...

Does anyone have a link to the pic they took of the van w/the Kroger sign behind it?
    What's so hard to understand, or what are you trying to get at?

A concerned citizen (dog lover) took the dog to a nearby vet where it was identified as belonging to Meredith. After that, I'm sure they looked in all the dumpsters in the area.

Once the guy was back in civilization it was only a matter of time.

Images

For those who keep asking about areas / timelines / distances, here is a good map I found from AJC.

http://projects.ajc.com/maps/metro/g...ge_tab_newstab

Quote Originally Posted by BMRisko View Post
    For those who keep asking about areas / timelines / distances, here is a good map I found from AJC.

Times would be nice. And I think they have it wrong. I believe the dog was found before the belongings.

Default Good link

Thank you for the link to the map, I am also very visual like Miss Janet and needed to see where all these things took place, not knowing North GA that well.

I am following this as closely as everyone else and am just sick over it.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Times would be nice. And I think they have it wrong. I believe the dog was found before the belongings.
    You're right...I wasn't aware this didn't include specific times, but rather a rough order of events. Sorry about the misinformation. Regardless it is good for visualizing the areas that are included in the current investigation.

Different Kroger..
    Yeah I know there's two Krogers, one where the dog was found and the other coincidentlly adjacent to the gas station where Hilton was arrested.

DWM, thanks for the pic, but no, that's not the one. Similar, but not it.

Images

Yeah I know there's two Krogers, one where the dog was found and the other coincidentlly adjacent to the gas station where Hilton was arrested.

Should be the 1st picture in this slideshow...

http://projects.ajc.com/gallery/view...t/0104missing/

"Without them we perish." eArThworm's Avatar
    Images

I also remember that shot. It may have been in one of the videos disussing the events. But, yes, they were two different Krogers--one where the dog was found, and one where Hilton was captured.

"Without them we perish." eArThworm's Avatar
    Images

Yes, that's it. We both were posting at same time. Thanks.

Yes, thank you, that's it.

Over 4,500 miles hiked on the A.T.

not sure if it's been posted here or not (scanned the thread but didn't see it) but...
    local news channel report last night showed that the van they found him cleaning no longer had it's original GA license plate on it. He had switched it to an NC plate. I've not seen this reported in the print/online media, but they blew up the video footage they had of the van being towed away and it was very clearly visible the van had NC plates on it.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Israel View Post
    not sure if it's been posted here or not (scanned the thread but didn't see it) but...
    local news channel report last night showed that the van they found him cleaning no longer had it's original GA license plate on it. He had switched it to an NC plate. I've not seen this reported in the print/online media, but they blew up the video footage they had of the van being towed away and it was very clearly visible the van had NC plates on it.
    Thanks for the info...had not seen or heard that. It would be interesting to see who the NC tags are registered to. Props to the citizens recognizing the van and POI and not going on license plate numbers alone.

Very cool catch. I haven't herd that one. That would mean he possibly knew that they were looking for him.

You're right...I wasn't aware this didn't include specific times, but rather a rough order of events. Sorry about the misinformation. Regardless it is good for visualizing the areas that are included in the current investigation.
    Agreed..... and not your fault.

Which channel, maybe it's online...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dances with Mice View Post
    The Kroger where ella (the dog) was found along with the evidence in the dumpster was in Cumming (Forsyth county). Where Hilton was arrested vacuuming his van was in Dekalb county. Where he was trying to use the ATM Card was in Canton in Cherokee County. If look you at these places on a map he would have had to zig zag across Georgia.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_...storyid=109059

GA-ME 78, sectional 81-01 HIKER7s's Avatar
    Images

Which appears on a map like you say that he was looking for something Or knew where something was.

If they find out where, this thing may uncover more than what they are speculating
    I hiked that ridge Pop told me not to that morning.
    Each time out, I see that same ridge- only different.
    Each one is an adventure in itself. Leading to what is beyond the next- HIKER7s

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++