WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin again View Post
    There are many better ways of doing things than the military way.
    Ayy-Frickin'-Men.

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Did you even read the entire thread?

Quote Originally Posted by WalkinHome View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree with this characterization of this thread. In fact I think it is a more moderate thread than most on White Blaze LOL. A question was asked supposedly to explore the pros and cons of using a quite dangerous (and illegal) method of fire starting. Folks chimed in that have more experience (and willing to pass along that knowledge) with this and posted as such. The goal is/was not to slam the individual but to enlighten him/her to protect him/her and any hikers around when this method might be used. That, I think, is the greater good here. If there is a credibility issue (don't know you so I don't believe you) then by all means verify by independent sources. I have to wonder that if you are not going to believe what is passed along on this site what you are asking questions for? My $.02 put forward in a calm, non confrontational want to help tone LOL. Be safe
    Hey, where did you even see a question in my post? your 2cents isn't worth much. Go back and do your homework. Yea you might be right it isn't as bad as other threads, just look again.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

[quote=Darwin again;523984]Your resume: I don't care.
    Take your intimidating tone elsewhere, thanks.

There are many better ways of doing things than the military way.
    I've use a Bic mini for all of my AT hiking and it works fine. (I carry two.)

Feel free to ask a Park Ranger or two if it's okey dokey to start fires that way in their AO. I think you'll be surprised at their response. You might even be considered a person of interest just for asking.

Eeeeeeeeverybody's a former special operator...
    (Here's a hint: The real ones don't talk about it; they're quiet and professional.)

Have a nice day. (Who Dares Wins, btw.)[/quot

You are obviously easily intimidated Darwin...maybe you need to evolve more. I never was quiet but I always tried to be professional, that "quiet professional " crap was coined by some POS officer who got tired of being out-run, out-shot, and out-thought buy his "sly and cunning" subordinates.

Bic lighter is my no. one firestarter.
    My backup is a lighter from Thailand that has a bigger flame, doesn't have the childproof extra button to hold down ( tough when in the 1st stages of hypothermia) and easy to see how much fuel is left.) You can even buy them now with a small built in photon light.
    You can dunk both in water, blow on them, or just wait till they dry, and they work again. (Let's see you put those waterproof matches in the bottom of a bucket of water for a few hours and light your fire with your cold wet hands.)

A lighter and a backup lighter is the preferred method for most of my hiking and my friend's.
    Now fight nice you guys. (or go do some hiking and get those bad vibes out of your system)

Agreed. Carry multiple lighters, packed in different areas of the pack. What's the big deal? Y'all been watching too much "Survivor Man." You want adventure, volunteer for a stint in Iraq.

Registered User Dances with Mice's Avatar
    Images

Now that we have all the survivalists and both amateur and professional improvised explosives experts gathered in one place, I'd like to discuss something of great national importance.

Of course you know I'm talking about the secret plan of the Sports Jugglers for world domination. And if you're a good, upstanding, patriotic American you're probably asking just one question right now:

"Mr. Dances with Mice, sir? What the hell are you talking about?"

And that proves my point. I TOLD you it was a secret! With just a few years of extra training, some ex-Special Forces members might be able to join our fight. Some think it may not be too late to save the world. But it's getting hard to ignore the evidence that it already is much too late. And I know some of you are probably thinking,

For the first time I can reveal video taken by one of our undercover operatives using a hidden camera to infiltrate a recent meeting of the Sports Jugglers. This video is frightening. The Sports Jugglers no longer make any attempt to hide their Masonic connections. It clearly shows that they have already taken over the Girl Scouts. There is evidence of large rodent worship ceremonies.

Watch it and be afraid. Be very afraid.
    You never turned around to see the frowns
    On the jugglers and the clowns
    When they all did tricks for you.

Awesome video. The cheerleaders especially.

Truer words have never been typed, Mister Mice.
    As Minnesota Smith tried to tell me, "They're all around us!"
    But did I listen? newp. Now, it's doom, doom, doom, everywhere!

Now I -- and we all -- will find the cost of juggling clown freedom ...
    (And I now understand that no retired ex-special super-secret-deluxe pinky-promise lurky chemical-mixing tough guys who can't stop comparing their penile distensions are going to save us, either! Doh!)

Here's a better way to make fire and fight the clowns at the same time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Aw8nH9IrM

Quote Originally Posted by take-a-knee View Post
    You are obviously easily intimidated Darwin...maybe you need to evolve more. I never was quiet but I always tried to be professional, that "quiet professional " crap was coined by some POS officer who got tired of being out-run, out-shot, and out-thought buy his "sly and cunning" subordinates.
    Oh no! It's PSYCO-OPS!
    Mister Knee, say hello to my ignore button.
    (poof!)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by _terrapin_ View Post
    Awesome video. The cheerleaders especially.
    See what happens? She was just a cute little Girl Scout last week. Then the Sports Jugglers recruited her to be a cheerleader.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mudhead View Post
    In other words, don't forget the ID. A list you might not want to be on...
    I found this, kinda kills the whole idea

Steps required for ordering Potassium Permanganate
    1. Fill out Hazmat Waiver Form. All orders regardless of size require this form to be filled out and faxed or mailed. Do not submit your order for this product until you have faxed your hazmat waiver form.Click here to open the HazMat Waiver Form
    2. Place your order thru the website. This product cannot be ordered by phone.
    Potassium Permanganate can only be shipped via UPS ground in the continental United States. Do not choose Air shipping during checkout. We cannot ship this product to Alaska, Canada, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or anywhere else outside the continental USA. There are no exceptions.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Thank You Terrapin

Agreed. Carry multiple lighters, packed in different areas of the pack. What's the big deal? Y'all been watching too much "Survivor Man." You want adventure, volunteer for a stint in Iraq.

I hear there is no age limit for volunteer's! You have to fill out a form and take a test to see if you are of sound mind and body, - Damn that prevents those "special ops guys" Just Kidding

I crack myself up!

Woo

Army is accepting volunteers up to age 42 now.
    Just FYI. In case anyone wants to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dances with Mice View Post
    Now that we have all the survivalists and both amateur and professional improvised explosives experts gathered in one place, I'd like to discuss something of great national importance.

Of course you know I'm talking about the secret plan of the Sports Jugglers for world domination. And if you're a good, upstanding, patriotic American you're probably asking just one question right now:

And that proves my point. I TOLD you it was a secret! With just a few years of extra training, some ex-Special Forces members might be able to join our fight. Some think it may not be too late to save the world. But it's getting hard to ignore the evidence that it already is much too late. And I know some of you are probably thinking,

For the first time I can reveal video taken by one of our undercover operatives using a hidden camera to infiltrate a recent meeting of the Sports Jugglers. This video is frightening. The Sports Jugglers no longer make any attempt to hide their Masonic connections. It clearly shows that they have already taken over the Girl Scouts. There is evidence of large rodent worship ceremonies.

Watch it and be afraid. Be very afraid.
    You were the bearded guy in the green-pleat skirt DWM? I had no idea you were so talented!

Already been there Terrapin, I guarded a bunch of EOD guys over there who were, wonder of wonders, blowing stuff up...by the ton.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by take-a-knee View Post
    You were the bearded guy in the green-pleat skirt DWM? I had no idea you were so talented!
    That wasn't me but I'll tell mom you liked her routine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++