WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

i like to do 'taste testing' for germs...if it don't taste like sh1t, then there ain't no germs. of course, i'm a very strong and virile man. i can out shoot, out drink, out curse.......

Thanks for that AT... I'll give them a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Appalachian Tater View Post
    Call your local health department and see if they give adult vaccinations. If they don't, ask if they know who does. You might also try health departments in the surrounding counties. Surely somewhere in the Atlanta area you could find some.

COBB COUNTY:

1650 County Services Parkway
    Marietta, Georgia 30008
    Phone: (770) 514-2300

Section Hiker 500 miles smokymtnsteve's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Any place to get cheap shots? I haven't had any in years.
    try whiteblaze..the forums are full of cheap shots
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Baggins View Post
    Still not sticking my hands in or on that mulch bucket............they'll have to send the privy police after me I guess.

perhaps you should consider not using the privy?
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Baggins View Post
    Still not sticking my hands in or on that mulch bucket............they'll have to send the privy police after me I guess.
    So don't stick your hands in the bucket.

Pick up the whole bucket and shake some in. Be careful; The spiders live under the bucket. Not all of them though. Some would rather live under the privy seat.

Crapping in the woods is looking better all the time.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Images

or use your cat hole digger to scoop up a little mulch out of the bucket.

that's what you are supposeed to do anyway....you're not supposed to stick your hand in it,,,didn't you know?

Privies are for nincompoops. badum ching!

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Any place to get cheap shots? I haven't had any in years.
    Kathmandu for one.
    I got a gamma goblin shot there for $15 last time i was there. ( i think they are about 10 times more in the US. The one i got was from a Canadian clinic in Kathmandu, over past the kings palace)

I quit getting shots for anything else 15 years ago. and have been living in Asia for the past 6 with no problems other than a hernia.

I'd say, just save your money. Like someone else said: i'm more healthy when hiking than when i stay at home.

A visit to the dentist may be a good idea though.

I'm not sure if this happened near me, but I heard of a 12-year-old boy who died from an infection that had started from an abscessed tooth. An $80 dental procedure could have saved his life. That's just so sad. (That said, I haven't been to a dentist in at least 4 years. Guess it's time....)
    mini-m.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Mosey View Post
    I'm not sure if this happened near me, but I heard of a 12-year-old boy who died from an infection that had started from an abscessed tooth. An $80 dental procedure could have saved his life. That's just so sad. (That said, I haven't been to a dentist in at least 4 years. Guess it's time....)
    yes this is the health care plan the USA currently has.

Quote Originally Posted by Newb View Post
    I hate shaking the hands of strangers, especially filthy outdoor people. Is that wrong?
    I don't think that's wrong at all. I am the same way. I like to meet people on the trail, but I cringe when they want to shake hands, because both of our hands are probably dirty.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Skidsteer View Post
    So don't stick your hands in the bucket.

Pick up the whole bucket and shake some in. Be careful; The spiders live under the bucket. Not all of them though. Some would rather live under the privy seat.

Crapping in the woods is looking better all the time.
    Not touching any part of that bucket! On this last week out the woods were perfectly accommodating. One more privy complaint (and then I'll drift quietly away on the subject) - - who decides to build them so that the seat is out in the open and the stupid bucket is behind the wall??? Why does the bucket need the privacy??? Some are built the other way but not enough of them. Must be the same people that build restroom stalls with a 3" gap between the door and the door frame. Nothing like having someone's little kid staring into the stall at you - especially when some mom brings her son into the ladies room and the kid looks to be at least 8 years old.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Images

some amerikans are so up tight

Images

Quote Originally Posted by smokymtnsteve View Post
    some amerikans are so up tight

And proudly so! Lived in Germany for a couple of years. Went camping for a few days in a campground where the privy was a multi-holer - I think there were 4, maybe 5 holes, all next to each other. The Germans went in in groups, no problem. We Americans waited in line outside and went in one at a time. In Alaska last May ate in a cafe with friends of 40 years. Went to the ladies room to find 2 toilets side by side - no wall. We looked at that, looked at each other, and burst out laughing! No way we were going to sit side by side!!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Images

my outhouse is currently a single seater, however I'm building a two-seater this summer, now on to honey-buckets...you gotta honeybucket at your house?? we got a fancy one with a lid a toilet type seat.

what is the big deal about natural bodily functions?

the winter before last our outhouse didn't even have a door,,,but did have a beautiful view of the northern lights on those night time excursions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++