WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by saimyoji View Post
    I'd rather just have 100 mediocre ones

Lobsters and truffles don't mix in my book.

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

An old saying my Grandpa used to say comes to mind rather quickly....... A fool and their money are soon parted. Prime example!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Registered User Mother's Finest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Appalachian Tater View Post
    Lobsters and truffles don't mix in my book.

agreed.....

I have eaten at the restaurant in question on numerous occasions.

while I have never had the cheesesteak, the food is pretty good, and it is a fun place to eat.

peace
    mf

A hundred is about what a good chesesteak costs considering travel from NOVA to Philly. The lobster and truffles is over the top, nothing can improve a good Maine lobster roll.

Quote Originally Posted by saimyoji View Post
    i have a local spot! cheesesteak sammich fries and a drink 7.00 bucks. the best i ever had. 93.00 dollors leftover priceless...

Images

if you're not eating here: http://www.genosteaks.com/home1.html or here: http://www.johnsroastpork.com/ you're not eating a cheesesteak tbh

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Exclamation B.S. alert!

Quote Originally Posted by hikingPA View Post
    if you're not eating here: http://www.genosteaks.com/home1.html or here: http://www.johnsroastpork.com/ you're not eating a cheesesteak tbh
    I presume you're familiar with what they say about opinions.

You can get a most excellent cheesesteak many places in the Philly metro area.

I'm speaking as a Philly boy, here...

Quote Originally Posted by camojack View Post
    I presume you're familiar with what they say about opinions.

You can get a most excellent cheesesteak many places in the Philly metro area.

I'm speaking as a Philly boy, here...
    yeah, what he said.

and if you find yourself out in the burbs, go to the Pepper Mill in Chester County.

Best cheesesteak i ever had was from one of the street vendors in downtown Phila.

There's a place here in Phuket that has em, the chef is from Brooklyn but they are not even close. (I still get one every once in a while though)

Journal Entries
    Images

Lucky you. Can't get wiz on a sandwich just anywhere.

Images

come on bro. king of prussia is 30 minutes from the city! those are the 2 best places i've found in town

That $100 cheesesteak is wrong on so many levels.

And as for the Geno's reference...

I grew up in Philly and lived with my grandmother at 18th and Snyder while I was going to school at Temple. I still live in the area... and I'd rather be found dead than eat a steak from Geno's.... or any cheesesteak with wiz. Disgusting! You can get good cheesesteaks nearly anywhere BUT Geno's or Pat's. But if you want to be a tourist... ga'hed.

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Exclamation

come on bro. king of prussia is 30 minutes from the city! those are the 2 best places i've found in town
    King of Prussia may be my current (mailing) address, but I was born and raised in Philly.

Those might be the two best places you've found in town, but it doesn't necessarily make them the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Lellers View Post
    That $100 cheesesteak is wrong on so many levels.
    And as for the Geno's reference...
    I grew up in Philly and lived with my grandmother at 18th and Snyder while I was going to school at Temple. I still live in the area... and I'd rather be found dead than eat a steak from Geno's.... or any cheesesteak with wiz. Disgusting! You can get good cheesesteaks nearly anywhere BUT Geno's or Pat's. But if you want to be a tourist... ga'hed.
    I'll second that emotion, regarding the "whiz"...disgusting.

Best I've had are in a Cincinnati ( ) establishment known as Penn Station.

$100 on a cheesesteak, though, shows that some people simply have more money than sense.
    I guess people could (and do) say the same thing about spending too much money to walk around in the woods for weeks at a time, as well.

Honestly, once you eat this cheesesteak, it's gone. I'd have a hard time eating it and coming to terms with how much someone in Darfur would have appreciated being able to spend $100 on food, but I'm a little bit defeatist.

Images

wiz is the only way to go! you **** prolly put brussel sprouts on yours. enjoy

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Lightbulb

wiz is the only way to go!

you **** prolly put brussel sprouts on yours. enjoy
    Actually, I'm apparently in the minority of folks who like Brussels sprouts...but never on a cheesesteak.

Here's how I make them, when I do:

"Philly cheesesteak a la Camo"

First, cut up some onions (Vidalias are my favorite), peppers and mushrooms*; sauté them in butter until soft, then set aside. Get the chipped steak (frozen or otherwise) and brown it in a skillet with garlic, Italian seasoning and soy sauce. If you like hot peppers, as I do, add them to the mix while you're browning the steak for best effect. When it's browned sufficiently, add the vegetables that you set aside earlier, then blend the whole medley together. Once it's all thoroughly cooked, arrange it so that it will fit inside an Italian long roll (a crucial ingredient!) and place your cheese (I generally use American, but mozzarella works well too...anything but Cheese Whiz!!!) on top to melt. Place a sliced roll over the mixture, reduce heat to it's lowest setting, and after a minute invert a plate on top. Use a small enough skillet so that when you flip the sandwich over onto the plate, it all stays on the plate.

Of course, you can vary quantities and ingredients to your own tastes. The method I described is what works best for mine...

*For the peppers, you could use green, red, yellow, all of them...or none. The same goes for the mushrooms; not everyone likes those, either. Same goes for the onions.
    (De gustibus non disputandum est)

Images

do you wear an apron when you prepare that? (insert latin so i look cool)

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Exclamation

do you wear an apron when you prepare that? (insert latin so i look cool)
    In a word: no. I don't wear an apron.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++