WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RAWR! View Post
    Greetings!

My footprints have only graced the Massachusetts, and New Hampshire sections of the AT, but I've become thoroughly obsessed over my eventual dream to hike mass amounts of the AT!

I greatly anticipate the veritable plethora of knowledge that I'll no doubt gain from being apart of this online community!

Cheers!
    WELCOME to WB!

Hello all.

I am beginning the planning and reality check of an AT thru-hike. I am planning on doing it after I retire from the military in about 5 years.

Needless to say that in the 15 years I have been in the Marine Corps I have done a fair share of hiking and camping outdoors. Funny, that I would choose to continue it after I retire.

Look forward to meeting good people, and picking their brains for tips and advice about hiking with regular equipment and tools.

Default Thanks attroll!

I'm planning for a thruhike 2012, when I will be 72, and kicking... Wonderful to be in the company of so many who share a love of the trail.
    No trail name.

Hello

It's nice to be a part of this community. I am planning a 3-4 day hike in the Smokies this July. I want to hike half of the AT across the smokies this year and the other half in 2012. I have found alot of great information on this site and am most grateful.

Thank you to all who have submitted tips and info on this forum. I am really enjoying reading the tips on dirt bagging as well.
    I am far from a LDH as of now, however, when time and space allow I'll be on my way.

Thanks and hope to see ya'll soon!

Greetings to all.

I've recently been bit with the thru hike bug and I'm hoping to set off next year. I'm basically just trying to learn as much as possible as I begin my planning and I've been reading so many useful articles and posts on this site that I figure it's about time I sign up.

Images

I just wanted to say Hello! My wife, myself and our Lab Wilbur will be starting to Section Hike parts of the Appalachian Trail this year.

It has always been a dream on my wifes to hike the Appalachian trail!

I grew up in Waynesboro so I did parts of the Virginia sections when I was younger.

We look forward to learning from this site and experiencing the trail section by section.

Thanks to everyone who has unknowingly helped us threw this site.

Ivan, Ruth and Wilbur

Just stopping in to say hi. New to the forum. Found it while searching around planning a new adventure. I am from Southeast PA and I have hiked the entire PA section but would like to start exploring new areas not in state. Anyway I am off to find my way around this forum and I am looking forward to learning and sharing some new things.

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Greetings

lol... even though I registered for an account here on the forum back in '09, apparently I never posted anything. I had totally forgotten I had until my husband suggested that I register and read the forums...

So this is my official hello. My name is Lesley, I live in VA, and I'm helping my husband get ready for his planned thru hike by... well, HIKING...

We just started getting serious about things in the last few weeks. We've been going out to SNP and doing short circuit hikes (7-10 miles) on the weekend. We're planning on doing an overnight trip in a few months (target September).

So you may see us out there...

Hello and happy trails.

I've always dreamed of an AT thru-hike and now that my son is old enough to switch from camping to backpacking maybe one day that will happen.

I'm delighted that this forum exists and I look forward to interacting with you all in the future.

Default Just hello

I'm a noob here and I'm sure I'll ask soem things that have been ask before, even as I read and search the forum.

I've always wanted to hike the AT and now and moving forward with a plan to section hike it most likely.

But I wanted to say thinks for those that are sharing their experiences with us noob's and the patience....

If this forum is halve as friendly and useful as the hammockforums I know it will be a positive resource I come to again and again....

peace

Default New to AT

Hi! I just decided to start planning my first section hike this fall. I'm so excited to have found this site! Looking forward to learning a lot here. Thanks to everyone who has contributed!!!!

Hello from eastern NC. I accompanied my son's scout troop on the Virginia Creeper Trail over the weekend of Trail Daze in Damascus and was overcome with a desire to hike at least a small section of the AT. I've certainly found a great source of info here that I hope will help prepare me and my 14 yr old son for a section hike in the very near future.

Hello all! This appears to be a great site for gathering info. As my name states i make maps (more or less) for a living. I work as the GIS technician for Bedford County VA. Most of our counties northern border runs along the AT. I grew up in this area and always dreamed about knocking out the 2k beginning to end. After hurting my back in the Army I'm realistic that it'll be section hiking for me, but that's life. Now to get ready, I need to loose some of the weight I've found since med boarding in '03 I thought a good way would be to start out was to provide some trail magic to the folks kicking butt! I'm close to several shelters (short hikes) and not far from the Jennings creek crossing and James River crossing (Snowden). If anyone's coming thru drop a email and we can see what can be done!

Hello all this seems to be a pretty good info site, Just signed in and wanted to say HI to all

Hello And The BIGGIST Thankyou To all who contribute to this 'Holy Grail' of the www. Ive been gathering knoledge, Supplies, and Carple Tunnel from being on tis websight ALOT! What everyone has done is a nice thing and even just joining i feel welcome and have ton of questions. I look foward to everyone answering them and correcting my horrable spelling hehhe. Good day and Great hiking

Hi! I'm new
    I dreamed of hiking the AT after high school, but other things got in the way. I've dusted off my dreams once again and plan to start next summer, 2-3 weeks at a time, starting at Katahdin and working my way south. Pretty psyched!!

Hi all. I woke up one day a couple weeks ago and thought, "How great would it be if my dog Jack and I started hiking?" The answer to that question is, of course, "pretty great." At that point I knew absolutely nothing about hiking, nothing about hiking with a dog, and nothing about the Appalachian Trail. Here it is a couple of weeks later and while I still don't know much, I do know a couple of things: my dog doesn't want to go on any hikes that last for more than about 40 minutes; and walking along bike paths in flat flat flat South Jersey probably isn't preparing me for hiking on the Appalachian Trail.

I'm so glad I found this forum. Thanks!

Well Howdy!

I stayed up last night late reading on this forum so just went ahead and joined. I have dreams of thruhiking the AT but am so new. There has always been a whispering, a nudging, a tugging to do something so grand and I am finding in life that if you want to do something, you better do it. I have set out on many adventures, the journey being the most fulfilling part, of course, be it going back to college, or leaving the comforts and culture of the big city for a homestead with primative conditions, hopping a Greyhound bus for a spontaneous trip or heck, taking off with a backpack with high hopes of adventure on the trail. I am a mother and grandmother and a retired nurse so am able to think on my feet and push myself even when I really, really don't feel like it. I am so happy to have found this site! I have much reading to do and many questions to ask. In my perfect world, I would hike NOBO beginning Mid-March. Glad to be here

Texas Phlox

Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++