WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast

Hello to everyone. New member here. I'm registered here as "barks" but a friend of mine dubbed me with the trail name "trailmix" because i'm more than a little bit addicted to the stuff.

Anywho, i'm currently planning to section-hike the AT because thru-hiking is out of the question for the time being. I'm not new to the outdoors and backpacking, but i am new to the AT. I hope to finish the AT (or at least be almost finished) within the next three years because i plan on doing a thru-hike of the PCT as soon as i'm out of the military. I'm also the geekiest jock you'll ever meet (or the jockiest geek?) and i love crunchy peanut butter.

And that's me in a nutshell. I look forward to perusing the forums and chatting with you folks.

- trailmix

Default Hello!

I'm glad I found this forum I've been digging threw all the information trying to find answers before I ask a bunch of questions. I promised my daughter we would do a section hike this summer so I'm starting my research. Looking forward learning and contributing to the forum. I've already started her training so I have no doubt she'll be ready by then. I have lots of experience with hiking rough terrain and long distances but never been to the AT and also never took my kid with me before either so I have no idea what to expect LOL.

I am a newbie! Glad to become part of the forum.

Howdy ,
    I wana go North to South ,so each step gets me closer to home ...

thanks for the warm welcome, 4eyedbuzzard. been in jackson 10+ years, originaly from edison. used to spend my summers in seaside, fishing, clamming, and crabbing. spent the winters [weekends] up in the delaware water gap and worthington forest, along with any state game lands my grandfather would take me. still pretty much the same program, but now i do it with my granddaughter.
    RUNT

Default greetings

Hello, all. Great site, I've spent a lot time reading on here. Lots of valuable info, some of less value as well. Thanks to everyone who makes this possible. Hope to see some of you out there.

:banana Hello

Greetings everyone.My name is Dusty. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents..I did a small section of the AT (solo) around Thanksgiving time and really enjoyed.My wife had absolutly no problem with me being gone in the wilderness for 6 days.

Default Hello Everybody!

I'm a creaky old-ish guy who got the fever reading Colin Fletcher about 1971, but let life intrude. I recently had a health scare, and realized that if I want to make dreams come true, I better be making them happen sooner, than later.

I'm glad to be here and really love learning from all the knowledgeable people here!

Another newbie here... Tired of just lurking. Lots of great info on here. My AT hike is still years away, but I can live thru you guys until it gets here!

Hello To EveryoneGreat forum you have here. Been lurking for a while time to say HI. Retired from work this past June. A lot of info here if you look for it. Got around 400 miles in this summer, the longest being 3 week in the U.P. on the North Country Trail. Have a room March 11 at Amicalola Lodge. Will take off on the 12th Should be a great summer.Dogger

Howdy all. I'm fairly new to the site but have been hiking since my teens. Mainly the Cohutta Wilderness, A.T. and the Benton Mackaye. I'm 58 y.o. and retired. I live approx. 15 min. from Springer Mtn; therefore, I spend a great deal of time day hiking. This site is fantastic and a wealth of knowledge. Always learning something new. Glad I found it ! :-)

Neophyte Hiker

Glad to have someone refer me to this site. I'm a newbie at backpacking. So new that I bought my first backpack only two weeks ago and gathering gear as I can. My immediate goal is local backpacking to get my body in shape. Luckily this is flat land around here, so I don't have to deal with any mountains yet!

Greetings folks, long time lurker, first time poster! I'm from Plymouth in the UK and have my NOBO thru hike penned for 2016.
    I've previously section hiked the AT in PA only, and have experience hiking in the UK and Europe, including Santiago de Compostela.
    I look forward to getting to know you all, learning from you, and helping if I can.

Just saying HI! Getting back into hiking after a long time away, but going big. Planning to start a section hike on May 4th from Springer Mtn. I hope to make it to Gatlinburg before heading back to work, May 28th. Not planning on breaking any speed records so, if anyone is looking for a hiking buddy keep me in mind. Any and all advice is also welcome. My biggest concern is how to keep my pack weight down. Thanks and see you on the trail!

Hello all,
    Been reading for awhile, hiking for a bit longer and prepping for a SOBO this year. Looking forward to some doing serious reading and to meeting many of you out an the trail.
    - Guaranteed

Hello everybody. Been lurking here for quite a while.
    I've been wanting to do a thru hike for 4 or 5 years now, and I'm getting older so I best be getting started. I'm planning on early spring 2013 nobo.

Images

Hello everyone, new member here. I've been enjoying and learning from this site for awhile, so I thought I would jump in. I've been active all my life and as I get older I'm turning toward hiking (and mountain climbing). If all goes well I'll retire at the end of 2015 and do a thru in 2016. Until then, I'll be learning and doing shorter hikes as often as possible. Hope to meet many here on the trail!

Journal Entries

Hey everyone,

Grate site. I'm new here but not to the trail. I had a failed attempt at a thru hike in 2002.Do to bad planing.
    Now ten years later. I have started planing for a 2015 thru hike and I will make it this time.With three years to get ready. I live seven miles from the approach trail at Amicalola so I do spend a lot of time on the GA part of the trail and my wife and I plan to do some trail magic.So I see you on the trail.

Hey everyone, been gaining information and researching a lot for a thru-hike next year. I'm so excited!
    This is a great and informative community

Salutations, hikers!

I just signed up and figured I ought to check in here before diving into the good stuff. My name is Sarah and I'm in the planning stages of a 2013 northbound AT thru-hike. It was *supposed* to be this year (March 20), but I'm sure you all know about best-laid plans. But hey, it's only one more year -- one extra year to save more money, to squeeze in some more backpacking trips, to plan my return to work, and to get my hands on some more gear.

Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++