WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast

Hey everyone,

I'm Danny. I'm new to the forum, and i'm researching and planning a 2013 Nobo thru hike. I'm just looking to get information, and meet other people leaving around the same time as me.

Any advice or info is greatly appreciated.

Peace

Images

Hello Danny and welcome to WB. A great place to start your learning is to check out the links on the home page. You will find a lot of good info there compiled by people with a vast amount of backpacking experience. Feel free to ask any specific questions you may have but be aware there are a lot of varying ideas on the "right way" to do things. Learn, do your homework, and then decide what is right for you and go with it. HYOH. Welcome!

HI Danny....Welcome!!

Images

Hello from eastern Canada!

The name is Carl and I am new to the forum, just wanted to say!

Images

Newbie to the site. West Texas planted in the Tri-Cities area with Roan Mountain in my backyard! Nice to meet everyone!

Carl and trailcandy!! Welcome to WB!! So nice to have Roan Mountain in ur backyard...LUCKY!! Nice to meet both of you.

Images

Welcome to WB! Maddog
    "You do more hiking with your head than your feet!" Emma "Grandma" Gatewood...HYOY!!!
    http://www.hammockforums.net/?

Greetings, I'm a newbie from Florida. I've had my feet on a few sections of the AT, but only on day hikes. I'm hoping to start sectioning next week and see how it goes. Bringing a couple friends to Springer and see where we end up after three days (I actually have a plan but will play it by ear or is it by foot ??)

Haha!! Welcome BumperMcV!

Quote Originally Posted by BumperMcV View Post
    Greetings, I'm a newbie from Florida. I've had my feet on a few sections of the AT, but only on day hikes. I'm hoping to start sectioning next week and see how it goes. Bringing a couple friends to Springer and see where we end up after three days (I actually have a plan but will play it by ear or is it by foot ??)
    Welcome.....Springer is a good place to start
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

Quote Originally Posted by DReynolds View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'm Danny. I'm new to the forum, and i'm researching and planning a 2013 Nobo thru hike. I'm just looking to get information, and meet other people leaving around the same time as me.

Any advice or info is greatly appreciated.

Peace
    advice? start around april 15th, have about $4000 in the bank, do very few mail drops for food if none at all and throw out any itinerary once you start walkin'

Default New section-hiker (future thru-hiker)!

Hi! I'm new here. I've done a couple of day AT hikes, but my husband and I plan on section-hiking the Georgia section in the fall of 2013. I'm hoping to do a thru-hike in 2016 in my 40th year Love learning more about the trail and preparing for my upcoming hikes.

Quote Originally Posted by cdngrl View Post
    Hi! I'm new here. I've done a couple of day AT hikes, but my husband and I plan on section-hiking the Georgia section in the fall of 2013. I'm hoping to do a thru-hike in 2016 in my 40th year Love learning more about the trail and preparing for my upcoming hikes.
    Welcome cdngrl! Hope u find helpful info that you need here....

Hello everyone,
    My name is Banner.I'm a newbie here and feeling glad to be a part of this great community.Hope you guys will enjoy my company.

Images

Hi all! New here. I have done many day hikes, but planning to section hike for a couple, then a thru- hike in the next few years.

Hi S'more...........

Hi All,
    I have been reading and watching this forum for a little while, figured I would introduce myself.
    Thanks to all who contribute their knowledge of this forum. I enjoy reading it then applying it.
    Doug.

Hi folks,
    I Just joined. My son and I did a very short two day hike this Summer in the Smokies. First day to Charlie's Bunion and back and the next day to Clingman's Dome. We just got our feet wet so to speak, but we're both psyched. I've been reading about the At and fantasizing about it for years and finally got the chance to hike a very short portion. I'm now completely hooked. For the next few years I'll have to section hike, starting next year at Springer Mountain. I plan to attempt a thru hike when I retire in about four years. Thanks everyone for the forum.

Hello everyone,

Thank you to all of those who make this website possible, and those who make all those great trails out there great to hike on.

From Roanoke, VA, and while growing up, spent a lot of time deeper into S.W. VA. Currently on year five of a six year Navy Enlistment as a Hospital Corpsman. I live in the City of San Diego, CA. 33 years old
    1. Intentions are to solo hike along the AT 2014. Tentatively looking at a Jan start, and being inserted around Springer Mountain. 10-20 mile pace/daily. Goal would be NOVA finish, without a time line issue. I hope to have the logistics planned out for continued hike. Interested in a flip flop, with flight to Maine to walk southbound.
    Hopefully, I want get banned because I intend to blue blaze. Reasons for AT: Social hike, good trail markers, and great logistical support (granted that will be greatly reduced with a Jan start).

2.Hiker background. Limited. Walked around Mount Rogers for a few hours (MAR2009). Hiked Virginia Creeper Trail (White Top to Abingdon in 34 miles in 12 hours) SEP2010. Was destroyed with 10 miles to go, but after my last 30 minute rest, I Frankensteind my way for three hours before getting up to top speed. Would have called in for an extraction, but had no phone, so had to keep ruckin. Had some trail magic with some concerned folks as I got closer to Abingdon. Recently did a good 12 mile hike in the Grand Canyon. Did a good amount of hiking with Marines from 2/8 and 3/2 while with the 2nd MarDiv.
    Asset to community: Could possibly help with logistics for a Pacific Crest Trail Insert into Campo, San Diego. Between now and SEP 2013.
    Back in VA, could be of support for AT Hikers on Catawba Mountain VA route 311. I’m thinking “The Home Place" resturant. Most likely can help with this after the fall of 2013.
    Health: Good joints, and strong back, but struggles with possible planter fasciitis that comes and goes in feet depending on how much I jog/walk around.
    Interested in getting involved with AT club in Damascus or Roanoke Are; or the Breaks Interstate Park.
    Current Conditioning for hike: Cross fit, biking to work (4.3 miles) and incline treadmill 3 miles (slowly work my way up to 15%+ grade near the end of the three miles). Will later do some hiking in Dickenson County, VA, the fall of 2013 to get into peak condition.
    Books read: Hike Your Own Hike. Read a couple of books on the P.C.T. and the C.D.T.
    Interested in the G.E.T., but logistical support does not compare to the AT. Sure, G.E.T. is less populated, but if the weather is mild in the new year of 2014 on the A.T., I should beat the big March Push out of Springer Mountain.

Have a good'n.

Hello everyone,

New to the site and haven't had a chance to look around yet. I just moved to Florida from Washington State about a week ago and decided I would like to start planning the AT in sections. I was a very avid hiker and climber in Washington. Looks like I will start kayaking now that I am in Florida.

Anyhoo... just wanted to say hi and thanks to the powers to be for having such a forum. I am sure I will gather much information for my journeys!

Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++