WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast

New to the site. Well, not really new. It would be more accurate to say that I'm back. My wife and I hiked from Springer to just outside of Blacksburg, VA in 2004 as a honeymoon trip. Fittingly enough we were called the Honeymooners on the trail. 662.5 miles of the AT down and done. However, I still have withdrawals to this day. I yearn to go back and either finish what we started, or start over and thru hike the entire trail. Unfortunately I will probably have to settle for section hiking it a piece at a time until retirement.

In the mean time, I spend as much time as possible out on local trails. Mostly day hikes as we bring the 3 year old with us. I'm looking forward to him being a little bit older and able to cope with a little more mileage and start doing some overnights with him. Well, that's a bit about me. Happy to be back!
    Nature is best enjoyed naturally!

Default I have the fever!

Hi Y'all, new to the site and wanted to post. I hiked a little bit with my dad at Amicallola St park and up to the Hike Inn. Never made it up to Springer, but we had a great time. Ever since something has been calling me up there. I want to say its a spiritual thing. My buddy and I have been doing some small overnights her in FL, and I've been itching to get to Springer. I've been a gearhead lately and have finnaly got most off what I need. Its an addiction I suppose, with the gear and dreams about the trail. Well I believe its ment to be because I just got laid off and I gonna head to Springer and hike to Damascus VA for traildays. Gonna leave the 4th of april. Hope to see some of y'all out there.

Default Hiking Maine this July 2011

Just joined the site! Am planning on finishing my 28yr "thru hike" this summer (2011). Started at Springer in 1984 as a young 20 something fresh from working Outward Bound courses for many years. Got to CT/MA border and for reasons I can't remember stopped there!! Hiked MA two months after getting married in 1989 and took up the trail again summer of 2009 in Vermont. Last summer NH and now the final miles in Maine! Starting on my own in early July and hoping to find some other 50 somethings or older to carry on with. The dream of standing on Katadin never died!

Rafiki

Hi everybody! New here just wanted to introduce myself. I've done a fair amount of backpacking throughout central PA over the years and looking to get back into it. I've been on parts of the AT around here but it's been my dream for years to thru hike it.

-Cam

Hey, I'm new here too. I haven't made it over to the trail in a few years, but I've been getting the itch. I think that's why I've been drawn here.

Default 100 Mile Wilderness

I'm thinking about hiking the 100 mile wilderness in late April to Early May...
    Can anyone tell me if the trail will be in a condition to do so regarding snow and ice. Thanks!

Default been too long

getting the urge to step out for a while, maybe in 2012 for a few weeks. being middled age sucks. My packs have been sitting in a tub for 10 years, where has the time gone? I'm looking forward to doing some backpacking with my wife and 3 boys.

AndyB

Q:
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
    My packs have been sitting in a tub for 10 years, where has the time gone?
    A:
    I'm looking forward to doing some backpacking with my wife and 3 boys.

I've been a round a while but read a lot more than I post. My brothers and I are section hikers that do a week at a time.

I am doing a week in the smokies next week! This is best I can do till retirement! I did a week last years a well. I will only be on At at Silers bald one night as my son and I are hitting side trails! We are hoping to avoid the masses.

I've been here a while, but not active. I had planned to thru hike years ago when I joined but got married and went to grad school and got a job instead lol. But hubby is supportive of finding a way for me to quit my job and finish the trail. Until then I'm section hiking. So in prep for my upcoming section hike (btw I haven't section hiked since 07) starting April 9th I've been on here a LOT Always looking for backpacking friends to talk about all this with so feel free to pm me

Welcome everyone! Hi I am from New Jersey and I consider myself a "professional hiker" I travel the world looking for new endeavors. I am here to offer advice and hopefully learn new things and meet new people!

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houndog95 View Post
    I'm thinking about hiking the 100 mile wilderness in late April to Early May...
    Can anyone tell me if the trail will be in a condition to do so regarding snow and ice. Thanks!
    April and early May will make travel in the "wilderness" very difficult, most years. And recent storms suggest it may be even worse than usual this year.

Hello everyone. I am new here and looking to get back into more hiking. I am from South Carolina and do some traveling that is work related allowing me to see some interesting places.

I am seriously contemplating a thru in 2012.

Hi ,I also am from SC and also have work related travel.Have always toyed with thethought of hiking the trail and as middle age is upon me,I certainly plan on fullfilling this ambition

Hey everyone. I'm from Georgia and my niece got me into this site. I just wanted to drop by and say HOWDY!

Writer/Hiker/Appalachian Trail 2011

Default Thanks so much for the welcome.

I've been away from the trail for a long time, over ten years, and recently started a hike down in Springer. Thought I'd drop in and say hi, maybe look up some old friends.

TJ

Hi Ernie. Welcome to this thread. I'm hoping that I can join you in your hiking.

Always have to do the quick intro when signing up for a new forum!

I'm currently a college student in UP's Keweenaw, hoping to do a thru when I graduate in 2 (maybe 3) years. Hopefully I can put of the allure of getting a real job to explore for a summer at least

Anyway, Hi!

JR

Default Hello

The usual introduction planning a 4 day tour with my 7 year old son and 65 year old father in SNP next week. Thanks for all the great information.

Greetings!

My footprints have only graced the Massachusetts, and New Hampshire sections of the AT, but I've become thoroughly obsessed over my eventual dream to hike mass amounts of the AT!

I greatly anticipate the veritable plethora of knowledge that I'll no doubt gain from being apart of this online community!

Cheers!

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++