WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Default Thanks

Just wanted to add my Thanks ATTROLL for this site. I was up in the Pisgah NF, NC this last weekend training ( 30 lb pack - Looking Glass Rock) and was told about the site by a fellow hiker. I turn 50 this year and have always wanted to Thru hike. After raising a family (26 and 21), 27 years with a great Lady and realizing that I don't really like the "Jones" I started back hiking a few months ago. I forgot that peace one feels while on the trail and was glad to get it back. Again Thanks for this site (donation on the way ) and hope to see you at my first Traildays this year. Take care

Images

New member here. I have enjoyed hiking over the past couple of years, and truly cant get enough of it. I have hiked many parts of the trail here in VA and will be moving to Hawaii for the next 3 years. Cant wait already to make it back here. But I guess Hawaii hiking will be just as beautiful. Awesome website so far. Still have alot of exploring to do on here.
    "May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds."
    -- Unknown

Great site and lots of good info.

So, I'm finally eligible to retire (age 48) and am starting the preliminary planning for my thru hike. I've hiked sections in PA, GA, and SC, but now want to do a thru hike. Unfortunately, I can't go in 2010 because the wife and I already planned a cruise for April and have a couple of mountaineering trips planned for next summer. So...2011 looks like my year.

Luckily, I am extremely fit, have lots of backpacking, hiking, and mountaineering experience, and already own all the lightweight gear I need. I just need a start date.

Anyway, I've lurked for a few weeks and finally decided to join. Thanks to all the experienced people who make this site happen and for your patience in dealing with AT noobs.

Images

welcome to wb.

sheepdog
    If you find yourself in a fair fight; your tactics suck.

Smile :)

Hey guys. Pretty new to the site, found it maybe a day ago or so when I started toying with the idea of a SOBO hike next summer. Lotsa great info and friendly people here it seems. Just want to thank everyone in advance when I start inundating everyone with nooby questions...sooo

Thanks!

Just recently had thoughts of doing the trail and am very excited to do it. I live a very active lifestyle, but have never committed to hiking such as this. I will using all the posted knowledge to help me prepare. A friend of mine and myself plan to hit the trail together. We both reside on the coast of southeast Georgia. Brunswick/St.Simon's Island area to be exact. It's gonna be hard to train on sand dunes for rocky terrain, but we'll make it work. We will appreciate all advice for we have lil.

Hello, everyone! New to WhiteBlaze, new to hiking, and anxious to learn all I can as well as to meet some friendly folks!

Images

Welcome Fleur de Lis. Glad you could join us.
    "May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds."
    -- Unknown

Thanks so much!

Images

Hello,

I joined in August after a trip to the Whites with my oldest son, but have only recently posted. I hope to thru hike in 8 years when I can retire. Don't want to wait till the last minute.

Hopefully I can work some section hikes in during the next few years, as lond as I can convince the Social director (wife)

Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I have enjoyed recreational hiking my entire life but am very beginner compared to most people here. I work in DC and live in northern VA but spend most of my time hiking in VA with my girlfriend and dog. I also like to x-country ski and recently got a canoe. I hope to learn about good hikes within a few hour drive of the DC area and places to ski and canoe that are off of the beaten path. Hopefully that is ok with members of the forum since I may not always go on the Appalacian trail. I'm looking forward to reading up on this site.

Hello Everyone,

I am a new bie here. Searching new things is one of my hobby.I have visited the site and find too interesting. It was not to hard to be registered as there is in other sites.I like forum discussion since people can share their views and ideas to others.They can give comments on others topic and suggest them.

Images

Colemancol, welcome to Whiteblaze! I love the pic! Made me laugh out loud!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by FritztheCat View Post
    Colemancol, welcome to Whiteblaze! I love the pic! Made me laugh out loud!
    Well don't get too excited. Funny pic but Colemancol is a busy little spammer on webforums lately. Note the signature...
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Spam flavored gummi bears? . . . gross. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Skidsteer View Post
    Well don't get too excited. Funny pic but Colemancol is a busy little spammer on webforums lately. Note the signature...
    That and you wouldn't expect somenone actually from the UK to butcher the english language so badly. . . I'm guessing they're from about 7 or 8 timezones east of there. . .

Images

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    That and you wouldn't expect somenone actually from the UK to butcher the english language so badly. . . I'm guessing they're from about 7 or 8 timezones east of there. . .
    UmHmmm. India actually. Imagine that.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Images

Didn't catch that. Or rather I did see it but had no idea what it meant.

Still a funny pic though.

Welcome to White Blaze! You should really enjoy this site! If you need to learn ANYTHING about hiking or the AT, this is the place to go...

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    welcome to wb.

Superman
    thankyou...thank you very much.

Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++