WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Squeeze tubes for peanut butter

Here's what I'm looking for..... a tube (similar to a toothpaste tube) that I can fill with peanut butter. I'd much rather buy a jar of peanut butter and fill the tube myself than buy the smaller individual size tubes. Does anyone know where I can find tubes like this or if they even exist? Thanks!

campmor carries them, made by coglans(sp?) and they do not work. you'll just end up taking the little clippy thing off of the end and digging the pb out with your spoon.

"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for." - Louis L'Amour

Images

Serveral people were using these on the trail. I have one. I don't have a problem with the PB coming out. The hole on mine is pretty large and the PB is always soft enough to come out. I got mine at a local outfitter, but have seen them several places. Mine came 2 to a pack for about $4.
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

Images

Just take the small plastic jar - it's much easier and you won't have oil leaking out of the clip end or a blow out, etc. Besides, you'll eat it all anyway within a few days, why repackage it?
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    Just take the small plastic jar - it's much easier and you won't have oil leaking out of the clip end or a blow out, etc. Besides, you'll eat it all anyway within a few days, why repackage it?
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by awestberry View Post
    Here's what I'm looking for..... a tube (similar to a toothpaste tube) that I can fill with peanut butter. I'd much rather buy a jar of peanut butter and fill the tube myself than buy the smaller individual size tubes. Does anyone know where I can find tubes like this or if they even exist? Thanks!
    Here's the Campmor link. Squeeze tubes for peanut butter are convenient to dispense onto crackers, but they are messy to load and difficult to clean. I don’t use mine much anymore, and wouldn’t want the bother of re- supplying it on the trail. A full tube is heavy and, nowadays, it’s easy to find peanut butter in plastic jars. For small quantities, I pack 3-4 tablespoons, in a screw- capped plastic vial.

Images

Default Pb

I didn't even like the PB in squeeze bottles as you could not get it all out without surgery on the container. I found tubes to be the same. Stuck with the plastic jar. Whatever works for you.
    Life is what happens while you are making other plans. John Lennon

Images

Someone of wilderness survival forums explains how to do it. Make/reuse tubes for putting stuff in.

Just buy the little blister packs from Minimus.

Quote Originally Posted by take-a-knee View Post
    Just buy the little blister packs from Minimus.
    yep...and there are several different types available including honey-roasted cashew butter!!! mmmmmm....

Survivor Dave's Trail Shuttles-www.atsurvivordave.com
    Images

What about this stuff? Do they still make it? Here's the link.

http://www.peanutbutter.com/squeezeProducts.asp

SD
    Georgia Shuttling Website www.atsurvivordave.com

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

==========================

FWIW ...they are great in concept but a real PITA to load and reload. I tried them years ago (REI brand). Started with separate ones for pnut butter and jelly and evolved into a mixed pnut butter/jelly tube. Worked pretty well but like I said before ...royal PITA to reload.

For all the effort involved you'd be ahead of the game to just buy the commercial pnut butter (or jelly) in tubes in the grocery store.

'Slogger
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

Survivor Dave's Trail Shuttles-www.atsurvivordave.com
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Survivor Dave View Post
    What about this stuff? Do they still make it? Here's the link.

http://www.peanutbutter.com/squeezeProducts.asp

SD

For all the effort involved you'd be ahead of the game to just buy the commercial pnut butter (or jelly) in tubes in the grocery store.

'Slogger

Didn't I just say that Slogger?
    Georgia Shuttling Website www.atsurvivordave.com

Images

Has squeeze peanut butter disappeared? I love it and squeeze jelly.

Images

The original ones were called "Gerry tubes", made/marketed by the Gerry equipment company out of Colorado (I think). I think I still have two from back then. But, as others have noted, they are a PITA to load and clean, and since they dd tend to leak oil, you had to put them in zip-loc bags to avoid a mess in your pack. Back when peanut butter ONLY came in glass jars, the weight savings (and the additional safety) they provided was substantial, but now that peanut butter comes in plastic jars, why not just take the jar? You KNOW you'll eat it all.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning how to dance in the rain!

Quote Originally Posted by shelterbuilder View Post
    The original ones were called "Gerry tubes", made/marketed by the Gerry equipment company out of Colorado ~
    Ah, yes. I was trying to remember what we called these tubes, back then. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.
    Roland

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Pb2

Forget the mess and weight. Use PB2: http://www.bellplantation.com/
    Kind of like the Butter Buds of the legume world.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by sofaking View Post
    campmor carries them, made by coglans(sp?) and they do not work. you'll just end up taking the little clippy thing off of the end and digging the pb out with your spoon.
    I thought they were great - best for Mayo!

Did you hear they OUTLAWED Australian Vegimite, in the USA, also sold in tubes?
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    I thought they were great - best for Mayo!

Did you hear they OUTLAWED Australian Vegimite, in the USA, also sold in tubes?
    For real? Why?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++