WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: beer run

Default beer run

i need some yuengling lagar! is it legal to ship across state lines,i don't think so,but not sure. is the florida plant still open and does anyone taste any difference between the pottsville yuengling and the florida yuengling. tell me it sucks or ya like it. all comments welcome.

Registered User middle to middle's Avatar

Default the best beer

I whole hartedly agree. Best beer around. I live in Marland and it is at my local stores. When hiking i would drink anything.

I recall going to a spring once and finding a six pack cooling there. I took one could onot rest.

Another time i found a twelve pack that was cold lying in the trail. Some ditz on a motor bike using the trail had it bungie corded to his bike and it fell off. he came back as I was packing a few away. Still cold. I made camp early and was vey happy with a beer .s

T

I gotta admit, the Yuengling was fine last summer. I'm not much of beer conni-sewer, but I did enjoy the stuff. It always hit the spot.

Images

Next time your at the Doyle hotel, try a pint of draft. Its real good.

Panzer

Registered User Tennessee Viking's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

I never had the pleasure of tasting Yuengling. But I hear its good. I been more of Sam Adams and micro-breweries out of Asheville. Damn fine good beer. There was a microbrewery in Greenwood, IN (south of Indy) that had some most amazing beer.

You been watching too much Burt Reynolds and Smoky and the Bandit.

Its legal to transport and possess beer as long as your of age in the states you are driving. And as long as your not sampling the sweet nectar while driving.

When I was working the dorm desk in college, kids would have carts worth of opened coke cases, yet we couldn't search them. But you know what was in them.
    ''Tennessee Viking'
    Mountains to Sea Trail Hiker & Maintainer
    Former TEHCC (AT) Maintainer

I'm from Boston originally, and have sampled Sam Adams since they started making beer back in 1985.

It s my considered opinion that Sam Adams is to Yuengling as a topaz is to a rhinestone.

Quote Originally Posted by _terrapin_ View Post
    I gotta admit, the Yuengling was fine last summer. I'm not much of beer conni-sewer, but I did enjoy the stuff. It always hit the spot.
    i don't drink often either,but when i'm on a long hike. **** ya,line um up...everything taste better coming off the trail

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer1 View Post
    Next time your at the Doyle hotel, try a pint of draft. Its real good.

Panzer
    been there done that, thanks though...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    I'm from Boston originally, and have sampled Sam Adams since they started making beer back in 1985.

It s my considered opinion that Sam Adams is to Yuengling as a topaz is to a rhinestone.
    sam adams my ass,the JACK i know drinks JIM. and i can buy sam adams here if i was so inclined... and i still have your mail drop, you blew off. the jim is waiting for the jack to get me a mail drop location...

Quote Originally Posted by buliwyf View Post
    I never had the pleasure of tasting Yuengling. But I hear its good. I been more of Sam Adams and micro-breweries out of Asheville. Damn fine good beer. There was a microbrewery in Greenwood, IN (south of Indy) that had some most amazing beer.

You been watching too much Burt Reynolds and Smoky and the Bandit.

Its legal to transport and possess beer as long as your of age in the states you are driving. And as long as your not sampling the sweet nectar while driving.

When I was working the dorm desk in college, kids would have carts worth of opened coke cases, yet we couldn't search them. But you know what was in them.
    i have never watched smokey and the bandit, ok i'm lying but only ten or twelve times.thanks for a good laugh

Holey Smoley, did I ever get THAT one wrong! What was I thinking???

I meant to say that the Yuengling represents the topaz here, period.

Sam is an over-rated yuppie beer for affected snobs. No real Bostonian drinks it.

Yuengling rules, end of story.

Damn, I really need to do an idiot check before posting. My profound apologies!!

Holey Smoley, did I ever get THAT one wrong! What was I thinking???

I meant to say that the Yuengling represents the topaz here, period.

Sam is an over-rated yuppie beer for affected snobs. No real Bostonian drinks it.

Yuengling rules, end of story.

Damn, I really need to do an idiot check before posting. My profound apologies!!
    thats sounds alot better jack. didn't damascus just start selling yuengling a few years back, from the florida plant right? if i do have some shipped to me, what do you people think bottle or can (taste) and shipping cost think cans would save that much on shipping. and wheres L.W. i want to know if i'm a dumbass for liking yuengling or if its alright...

No Yuengling in Damascus, at least not as of a few weeks ago.

Will not comment about the legality or propriety of having the stuff mailed to you via USPS or private carrier. That's up to you.

But I suspect cans would be cheaper, easier, and would be perfectly acceptable to whoever is lucky enough to receive them.

Really, dude, I was working hard to unscramble your topaz / rhinestone analogy. Went way over my head... and apparently yours also.

I'm hardly a "real Bostonian" but never considered Sam Adams to be terribly special. Stella Artois for me nowadays, given a choice (or when it's on my dime.) Otherwise I'm not fussy.

I live in Tampa, and have been on the tour of the facility several times. Although I know all the beer here comes from PA and all of PA's comes from here, curious.... But I have tasted both, and I have to say, it tastes amazing when its "fresh". of course that means just after the fermentation process. but go yuengling!!

by the way, dogfish head or flying dog are both amazing breweries

Yuengling's a fine trail brew, and no better sampled than at the Doyle, surrounded by a crowd of hikers, some of whom may be singing along to the jukebox which in all likelihood is playing "New York, New York". I'm also partial to Long Trail Ale, served at the Inn at Long Trail (which is still on the LT/AT and down with anyone who says otherwise).

Sam Adams always clogs my sinuses. I can't figure that one out.
    "I too am not a bit untamed, I too am untranslatable,
    I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world." - W. W.

obligatory website link

And considering the size of your big honkin' nose, Sleepy, this is no laughing matter.

Long Trail is definitely a fav. Sam Adams anything is not so hot. Been a while since I had a Yuengling, but I do recall liking it. Local bars in CT have added Blue Moon lately - not bad. I'm kind of a Bass Man. A Guinness on occasion is grand.

What do locals in Boston drink? I may be spending more time there soon and would like to get a head start on the culture.

Ta hell with Blue Moon.

It's pretentious and fake.

It's supposedly a Belgian style wheat craft beer made by the "Blue Moon Brewing Company."

Um, no. It's always been over-rated and is actually made by Coors!

Tin Man: I grew up in Boston and the locals there are no more sophisticated than anyone else. The number one beer is Budweiser, same as anywhere else.

I suggest you stick to Beck's.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++