WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: beer run

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Ta hell with Blue Moon.

It's pretentious and fake.

It's supposedly a Belgian style wheat craft beer made by the "Blue Moon Brewing Company."

Um, no. It's always been over-rated and is actually made by Coors!

Tin Man: I grew up in Boston and the locals there are no more sophisticated than anyone else. The number one beer is Budweiser, same as anywhere else.

I suggest you stick to Beck's.
    Thanks for the update on Blue Moon - should have known better than to listen to my local beer friend. The problem is our smallish establishments don't offer many choices on tap.

I thought maybe Boston might have more taste than Bud. And no Beck's for me, thanks. I'll stick with Bass or Heineken or micro brew.

Images

Hay CrumbSnatcher, I see your from Lincoln, Ne.
    If you ever get into Omaha, go down to the Old Market in downtown. There is a bar called the "Dubliner". They sell over 100 different type of beers. It seems like ages ago, but I used to bartend there. Upstairs is a different bar, The Oyster Bar. I would always trade some beer for a plate of oyster rockafeller. Oh the memories.

Images

If I can remember when the time comes, my mom is metting me at the outerbanks at the end of July. I could stuff her trunk and maybe you could meet her by the Gretna mall, when she gets back in town.

Images

Oops,
    Maybe she'll be "meeting" me instead. I guess I was thinking about all those beers.

Quote Originally Posted by dmax View Post
    If you ever get into Omaha, go down to the Old Market in downtown. There is a bar called the "Dubliner". They sell over 100 different type of beers. It seems like ages ago, but I used to bartend there. Upstairs is a different bar, The Oyster Bar. I would always trade some beer for a plate of oyster rockafeller. Oh the memories.
    i'll always be a cornhusker fan,but me and the family are moving to the mountains soon. thinking about east tennessee. and not just to be closer to the yuengling

yeah but do they sell the yuengling! listen to me i sound like a crack head needing a fix...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer1 View Post
    Next time your at the Doyle hotel, try a pint of draft. Its real good.

Panzer
    Yeah Vicki serves it in 1/2 gallon glasses.

I'm not a beer drinker, but I tasted it once, and as it was going down my throat, I thought....I could live on this. Never touched it again....I scared myself.

Now I just take pictures of all my friends drinking it HA HA HA

Crumbsnatcher, anything I can do to get it to you, just ask! My fiance' is a beer man and he picks up a case when we travel. The last case I bought in Duncannon was only $16.00.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by CrumbSnatcher View Post
    i'll always be a cornhusker fan,but me and the family are moving to the mountains soon. thinking about east tennessee. and not just to be closer to the yuengling
    ....sure......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsbane View Post
    by the way, dogfish head or flying dog are both amazing breweries
    try the 120 minute (if you can find it! and afford it!) but the 90 minute will do in a pinch

as for other domestics...allagash tripel, stone arrogant bastard ale (or any of their stuff actually) and victory brewing co. esp the old horizontal ale are all excellent.

i grew up outside philly and it just amazes me how yuengling has become "desirable" when it was always just the cheap local beer you drank in college.

as for belgians....oh i could go on forever....did i mention i love beer? mmmmm beery-beer.

oh and threads about beer.

and beer.

**WITNESS** TRUE-ACCOUNT HERE!!! I witnessed Jack with "somthing" besides Mr. Daniels at this years APRIL FOOLS BASH in Franklin.. could hardly believe my own eyes!! (And, it was not SNOB ADAMS BEER!)
    "Reach Farther" ~ SOLACE

Solace:

Um, Jack doesn't drink Mr. Daniels.

You are doubtless confusing me with someone else.

Jack.. please forgive my youth.. at 35, perhaps my eyes are even failing me Surley.. it must have been KTR.. THAT HIKER LUSH!
    "Reach Farther" ~ SOLACE

If I can remember when the time comes, my mom is metting me at the outerbanks at the end of July. I could stuff her trunk and maybe you could meet her by the Gretna mall, when she gets back in town.
    i wouldn't say no!!! 2-3 cases would be ok wouldn't want her to be inconvienced...

Hard to beat a nice cold bottle of Moose Drool!

http://www.bigskybrew.com/
    Amateur Radio Call Sign KI4WEJ

“Only two things are infinite; The universe and human stupidity,
    And I’m starting to wonder about the universe.”
    Albert Einstein

I love it when they promote d. w. i. and this state Vermont going to pass a bill to up grade % of alcohol in beer. Money hungry the more they catch DWI the more the state makes

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    And considering the size of your big honkin' nose, Sleepy, this is no laughing matter.
    You know what they say about people with big noses...
    "I too am not a bit untamed, I too am untranslatable,
    I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world." - W. W.

obligatory website link

Quote Originally Posted by oops56 View Post
    I love it when they promote d. w. i. and this state Vermont going to pass a bill to up grade % of alcohol in beer. Money hungry the more they catch DWI the more the state makes
    Yeah, raising money. That's why the do it.

Tried Yuengling recently. It didn't live up to the hype in my opinion. My wife didn't care for it either.

I'll stick with the occasional Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Images

In the 70's it was the cheapest beer we could find. Five dollars for 24 - 16 oz. returnables. Whoever did the marketing on that beer was a genius. The entire east coast from Georgia to New Jersey is going nuts for the stuff.

ALOHA,

TACKLE

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++