WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
    Images

I also agree. I think the mods here do a fine job!! A toast to all the mods and their often overlooked hard work!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by whitefoot_hp View Post
    you have edited this one post like FIVE times now!!!!
    Sorry, I believe in self moderation and I wasn't happy with what I wrote. I'm glad you quoted that portion of what I deleted. You are absolutely right, I have more important things to do tonight than respond to your posts.

I'm beginning to find you to be far more tolerable. Have a nice day, what's left of it, OK?

Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    i agree. i've been moderated to the max. look at me now. i'm such a pleasant poster
    Let me know when whitefoot reaches your level of mellow pleasantness so I can take him off ignore:

This message is hidden because whitefoot_hp is on your ignore list.
    Frosty

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Sorry, I believe in self moderation and I wasn't happy with what I wrote. I'm glad you quoted that portion of what I deleted. You are absolutely right, I have more important things to do tonight than respond to your posts.

I'm beginning to find you to be far more tolerable. Have a nice day, what's left of it, OK?
    you have more important things to do than respond to my posts, yet this is the second of two responses, one of which you felt the need to edit five times? nothing wrong with editing, but when you are trying to make the case that you have 'better things to do,' uh, hmmm......

i agree. i've been moderated to the max. look at me now. i'm such a pleasant poster
    a pillar of bleeping society

Whitefoot_hp and Shades of Gray take it to PM.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Let me know when whitefoot reaches your level of mellow pleasantness so I can take him off ignore:
    that's funny right there.

i bet there's more to the story than what's in the first post. guaranteed
    I was there and it wasnt outta hand. Alot of people, but luckily, I was in my tent and kept my mouth shut so I didnt get ticketed. Tricks was just trying to do something nice for us and unfortunately, there were people riding 4wheelers around and they probably called us in. HOWEVER, another turn of the story was that if "some"of the people there would have cooperated a little more instead of mouthing off and continuing to drink in front of the officers, they may have been a little nicer. Some of the people continued crackin beers open with the officers standing right there. Tricks, Im sorry this happened when you were just trying to do some magic. I really had a great time with ya and hope to see you again real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Chaco View Post
    HOWEVER, another turn of the story was that if "some"of the people there would have cooperated a little more instead of mouthing off and continuing to drink in front of the officers, they may have been a little nicer. Some of the people continued crackin beers open with the officers standing right there.
    That is what LE refers to as an "attitude" citation.

Images

I come late to this topic, but it was largely covered in my article "Law for Backpackers" which is in the "Released Articles" section of WhiteBlaze, both as to (a) alcohol and (b) how to react to law enforcement enquiries. It may be useful for some to review it, since it is pretty accurate, as shown by this thread.

TW
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

Like Sands Through The Hourglass, So Are The Days Of Our Lives…

This thread is becoming a soap opera…

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Wow..I log on at 5pm..nada.

Get home at 10ish, update my website, look at WB and see the usual peanut gallery has been deleted, edited, etc.

The pig still ain't singing folks.

There is a lovely trip report message board on WB. Why don't some of you actually talk about your HIKING for a change?

Surely, some of you must actually hike? Go for a stroll? Look at flowers? Do something outdoorsy?

I've probably been too lenient on tis thread. My bad.

However, if certain members persist on saying "I've spent too much time on this thread" and then continue to argue with each other, well..the EDIT key is pretty handy.

Quit the pissing match. OK?
    Last edited by Mags; 08-12-2008 at 00:16.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by The Weasel View Post
    I come late to this topic, but it was largely covered in my article "Law for Backpackers" which is in the "Released Articles" section of WhiteBlaze, both as to (a) alcohol and (b) how to react to law enforcement enquiries. It may be useful for some to review it, since it is pretty accurate, as shown by this thread.

TW
    Good advice. I think some people would rather mark trees though...
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Woohooo THE Weasel is back. good stuff. i hope.

now shut this bitch down. there is nothing left to discuss. honestly i can't believe that a discussion of the legality of this issue has lasted this long. its clearly illegal, and any advice to avert the law is illegal, and in violation of TOS ???. dump the thread so we can go back to arguing about the important things.

Who were the idiots cracking beers in front of the law?

Well, this thread was a good lesson for me.

A) People really won't let sleeping dogs lie
    B) People who say they spent "too much time on this thread already" and urge me to close the thread continue to post on it and argue...AND KEEP THE THREAD ALIVE
    C) Some of you need to hike

I had faith that people could be adult like. I was incorrect for the above reasons. I am not closing this thread because it is a violation of TOS. I am closing this thread because it has become pissing match and is really not contributing anything to this site.

Closing the thread...
    Last edited by Mags; 08-12-2008 at 01:21.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
++ New Posts ++