WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nude Hiking?

Quote Originally Posted by rockhound View Post
    we are way too repressed in our society. Ironicaly this may be part of the reason our country has so many sex offenders. I feel there is a large segment of the population that has been conditioned to associate nudity with sin. "For they saw they were naked and they were ashamed" What exactly were they ashamed of? Being naked? the way god made them? The human form is beautiful in all its shapes and sizes and can be admired without the act of intercourse becoming involved. Would'nt be nice to run through a field naked on a hot summer day or skinny dip underneath cascading mountain water or even summit in Maine in the nude without the threat of criminal prosecution? I say if you ever feel the urge to be naked outside then go for it.
    The being ashamed part came from an knowledge of doing wrong.... not nudity! The world's oldest profession is clothes maker (not prositution) It's good old fashioned "ass covering".
    Moses

Default No, Kanga...

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post

so...nudity = anarchy. please, for the love of god, correct me.
    Anarchy is a word you brought in. I'll stay with my original position and terminology of nudity (which is associated with sexuality, as I explained above) being part of a powerful force in human society, that can operate for good or bad. Sexuality is bad when it leads to infidelity that breaks up marriages, incest that produces damaged children and genetically defective progeny, perverse/promiscuous sex that spreads behaviorally-transmitted modern-day incurable plagues like herpes/HIV, etc. It's good when it encourages healthy ambition (in men and women AS men and women, respectively), when it leads to and helps maintain longterm faithful traditional marriages, especially those with children produced by the husband and wife in that marriage, giving the best chance to rear them to maturity as productive, healthy adults not below their parents in life class/attainments. The sexuality nudity is inevitably associated with can strengthen or corrode individuals, as it does families, and nations.

Interesting point here: nations and groups that are healthy and expanding are commonly a bit on the prudish side historically. The "anything-goes" ones are typically decaying and declining, apparently in no small part BC of their decadence. Nothing of "theirs" to defend for the men, nothing in personal life to have to strive to achieve in a productive way for anyone; is it any wonder such places go to rot? National corruption historically has a positive correlation with licentiousness.

Apt relevant observation from Rudyard Kipling's astute on-topic poem "The Gods of the Copybook Headings", is Stanza 6:

http://www.kipling.org.uk/poems_copybook.htm

Just as illegal recreational drugs have pernicious effects that operate with full effectiveness whether or not their users/advocates can understand or will admit to them, so does sexuality outside its proper channels.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

That settled, back to our humor thread.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    I'd like to know if any adherents to Nude Hiking Day have ever been the first to discover any of those massive yellow-jacket nests we've been hearing about. They'd probably be up for admission to the Guiness Book of Records for most venomous insect bites in a short period of time...

I'll bet the relative lack of shade is the #1 reason there's no equivalent day on the CDT/PCT. Imagine getting second-degree sunburn in locations normally covered by clothing... I think that's in the category of a "Just shoot me NOW!!" situation (or at least a "Better you than me!" one).

So MS, if we are to believe your thesis on nudity is correct, at what age does nudity cross over into sexuality? At birth? At 2? 5? 10? Puberty? Do enlighten us, please.
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

Can't believe y'all don't have MS on your ignore list already.
    Do yourselves a favor.... i did, lol.
    WALK ON

Journal Entries
    Images

minnesota smith,
    thank you for your pertinent and asture observations that kipling had
    given to us, but you make a lot of references as if you had
    said them! you must give credit where credit is due, and not to your
    credit as if you had said them. in other words if you quote someone
    say its there words not your!

Images

I don't want to get cropdusted by no nude hiker. Wouldn't all the "twigs and berrys'" get in the way of your "twig and berry's"

Quote Originally Posted by john gault View Post
    From the article:

"...Grawert, a janitor, told a local German newspaper he planned to continue campaigning for the right to partake in organized all-natural hikes despite his troubles with the law.
    Naked hiking has gained a following since the German Society of Nudists joined the German Sports Association.
    Nude bathing is accepted and allowed in parts of Germany, especially on designated beaches on the Baltic Sea coast. But naked joggers have been fined in the past for running through forests wearing nothing but socks and shoes".
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's so easy to point out the contradictions and hypocrisy of these groups that claim to be "all-natural" or "one-with-nature". Complete BS.
    After seeing the direction that this thread is going, I just wanted to clarify my stance on nudity. I don't care. I only want to see nude hot chicks, but if some guy enters my field of vision, I'll just look away, because to me it's disgusting, but I'll get over it.

NO, it won't destroy the psyche of children, yes it maybe embarrassing, but they'll get over it. Kids aren't as fragile as some will have you believe.

My only problem with them is their hypocrisy. They’re a bunch of stupid hippies that think walking nude will somehow get one closer to nature, yet many of them wear shoes, I guess they don’t want to be that close to nature.

No one really understands nature, they just throw around this word and try and feel at-one with it.

Stupid SOBs…And who the hell is Mother Nature?

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlehead View Post
    Careful what you wish for.
    I live near some of the world's best beaches. They are topless beaches.
    For every eye-opener topless beauty we see here, we probably see 3 or 4 fat, old, ugly women. I wouldn't think i'd ever say this but: I'd rather they would not be topless beaches. Unless they limited to college age or something.

Anyway, my 2 cents on the subject.
    Oh you just didn't know ol' wrinkles could happen there...
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

The trail is childhood reborn. Simple, carefree, and full of Wonders Captn's Avatar
    Images

Default Nude Hiking alternative

Call now for this one time special offer:

Due to a manufacturing error, we have a limited supply of Speedo sized Depends available for sale to the general public.

Now enjoy your day at the beach without having to constantly run into the water.

Florida residents please add 7% sales tax.

So, personally, i think nude hiking is just sick. The trail is a please to commune with nature, and to socialize, not to be some nudist idiot. Seriously, those kind of people need to grow up.
    A t-shirt never made:
    I only do what the White Blazes tell me to do.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by dessertrat View Post
    You're right, and I stand corrected.

These people are just exhibitionists making excuses for themselves.
    Why does exhibitionism need an excuse? They want to expose themselves to themselves only, organized in the middle of the woods. Why should any harmless form of expression or communication be limited in any way, legally or morally?

Images

In Rochester we had a group of women who called themselves the Topless 7. They protested, we watched, and they got the topless law changed! It was a story of courage, of democracy, of triumph! A glorious day for the Constitution!

Haven't seen boob 1 since then. Apparently wasn't much of a problem after all, and it was just stupid and unnecessary laws that were being rebelled against.

2005 Camino de santiago

Default Advantage to hiking nude

There is one advantage to more hiking nude...

...It would make it easier to check oneself (and others) for ticks...

...so, it would be done more often...

...In fact, it could even be done at every short rest break...

On the other hand, it would certainly make us all a little more particular towards gender of those with whom we hike with

Images

Sorry but I think nudity in public is ridiculous. If you want to be nude in your home with your significant other or your friends do what you like. The trail is a place that sees children, teenagers, adults, and older folks. Not all of us want to see what your mothers and fathers gave you. Using the lack of sexual expression to explain sex crimes is also a crock. The problem we have with pedophiles and the bunch is merely that people want to assume they were hurt as a child and are just acting out against what happened to them as a child, which surely happens, but it isn't the golden standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Thomas View Post
    In Rochester we had a group of women who called themselves the Topless 7. They protested, we watched, and they got the topless law changed! It was a story of courage, of democracy, of triumph! A glorious day for the Constitution!

Haven't seen boob 1 since then. Apparently wasn't much of a problem after all, and it was just stupid and unnecessary laws that were being rebelled against.
    Are you saying that your town passed an ordinance to allow women to be topless in town or in a particular park?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by john gault View Post
    Are you saying that your town passed an ordinance to allow women to be topless in town or in a particular park?
    Heck no, this was a State Constitution fight, The State of New York decriminalized it completely.

http://www.naturisteducation.org/Ton...antorelli.html

Since 1992, it's only illegal to be topless in New York State if the breasts are displayed in a "commercial context"

I've seen more boobs in NY when it was illegal and people protested than I have since it's no longer illegal. If nudity were legal I imagine it would work out about the same.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mtnkngxt View Post
    Sorry but I think nudity in public is ridiculous. If you want to be nude in your home with your significant other or your friends do what you like. The trail is a place that sees children, teenagers, adults, and older folks. Not all of us want to see what your mothers and fathers gave you.
    Of course nudity is ridiculous, what it isn't is dangerous and offensive, just possibly subjectively ugly. What else is ridiculous is that we should have laws making it illegal for people to expose you to a view that's ugly, and legally forcing them to hide their subjective ugliness from you.

Using the lack of sexual expression to explain sex crimes is also a crock. The problem we have with pedophiles and the bunch is merely that people want to assume they were hurt as a child and are just acting out against what happened to them as a child, which surely happens, but it isn't the golden standard.
    Rape is rape. Rapists are dangerous regardless and independent of their sexual preferences or motives.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Thomas View Post
    Heck no, this was a State Constitution fight, The State of New York decriminalized it completely.

http://www.naturisteducation.org/Ton...antorelli.html

Since 1992, it's only illegal to be topless in New York State if the breasts are displayed in a "commercial context"

I've seen more boobs in NY when it was illegal and people protested than I have since it's no longer illegal. If nudity were legal I imagine it would work out about the same.
    Well that is interesting, never heard of it and NY is not the only state, there are a few others. From what I found appearently none of the west coast states allows topless females to walk around, hmmmm, but Texas does. Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Bunyan View Post
    So, personally, i think nude hiking is just sick. The trail is a please to commune with nature, and to socialize, not to be some nudist idiot. Seriously, those kind of people need to grow up.
    So what part of nature wears clothing other than humans?
    This tread has been interesting to say the least.
    I am not a nudist but I have skinny dipped throughout my life under the right circumstances and yes, I have hiked nude on both nude hiker days during my thrus. I certainly do not express nudity in the presence of children, and I tend to be clothed most times that I am not inside my house.
    Nudity has no more to do with "sex Crimes" than the idea that drinking milk as a child turns you into an alcoholic later in life.
    Under MS's expressed thinking and ideals these theories would also stop most people from driving cars.

geek

Images

Folks should really consider saying something funny about a post in the Hiking Humor forum. If people keep griping, I'll have to move this to a different forum. If they keep sniping, I'll just close the thread.

So in summary, no gripin' or snipin' folks. Please.

Now back to humor:

If somebody as chunky as I am goes swimming nekkid, is it still "skinny" dippin'?
    If people spent less time being offended and more time actually living, we'd all be a whole lot happier!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++