WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default PayPal account for WhiteBlaze

a paypal account for whiteblaze to accept payments for t-shirts and other products like patches or for accepting donations would make it easy to pay quickly with a credit card or a checking account. it costs nothing to set up a paypal account. the only fee is 2.9% of the total + $0.30.
    A charge of $20 for a t-shirt would net $19.12 after 2.9%=.58+.30=$0.88
    After a buyer makes a payment the seller logs on and transfers the money to his bank account. there is a comment section where the buyer can list what he wants to buy and what size. a shipping address is also provided. online transaction records are kept for easy book keeping.
    as a seller on ebay this is my main source of accepting payment.

all you need to open an account is an email address and a bank account.

www.paypal.com

Images

i second this having a paypal account for whiteblaze would be great. If one was present i would have already purchased a shirt and patch.
    A-Town

"All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost. "
    -- JRR Tolkien

Images

To cut back on costs, the seller can maintain a personal PayPal account and not accept credit cards. Provided that the buyer places money in his/her PayPal account (which can easily be transferred in from a checking account), the transaction is free. This is how I paid for my White Blaze patch. It's simple, easy and best of all---FREE!

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." Abraham Lincoln

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by illininagel
    To cut back on costs, the seller can maintain a personal PayPal account and not accept credit cards. Provided that the buyer places money in his/her PayPal account (which can easily be transferred in from a checking account), the transaction is free. This is how I paid for my White Blaze patch. It's simple, easy and best of all---FREE!

I have this type of account right now through paypal. But I am not set up for credit cards. So if people are willing to transfer money instead of using credit cards then they can do this. But I am not set up for credit cards at this time. I am looking into this. I may do it once the first lot of T-shirts come in. The reason I did not do it for the patches is because I would have lost money buy having to pay the 2.9%. I am not in this to make money. I just want to offer a sevice to users and put some extra towards the server cost of the site.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by illininagel

true but it takes 4 business days to transfer money from a buyers checking account to a sellers paypal account, then 4 more business days to transfer money from the sellers paypal account to the sellers bank account.

Images

Although if your like me and keep money in your paypal account no need for the wait.
    A-Town

"All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost. "
    -- JRR Tolkien

Images

Quote Originally Posted by cabalot
    true but it takes 4 business days to transfer money from a buyers checking account to a sellers paypal account, then 4 more business days to transfer money from the sellers paypal account to the sellers bank account.
    Yes. But, many people (like me) maintain a working balance in my PayPal account. So, if you are looking at buying a T-shirt or patch, just be sure that you have a small amount of funds loaded in PayPal. After all, it takes four days to send a check!

Also, as a seller, I am set up for credit cards. It still takes 4 days for me to pull money from my PayPal account into my bank account. So, there's no difference from that perspective.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." Abraham Lincoln

++ New Posts ++