WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default You might be

Quote Originally Posted by Blister View Post
    Respecting Veterans Day (its not a happy day)

I literally grow up in a VFW, from an age before I could remember. My first memory; I was just 4 or 5 helping a paralyzed WWI vet play bingo at a VA Hospital. As a child I sat on may of knees and heard stories of WWI and WWII.

Later on my uncles were from the Vietnam War.

As we now watch our brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers and friends come home from the front lines, we need to take care of our own. Some of those brave individuals are going for the first time, Wolf is 39 yrs old, a first timer in the front. Srgt Rock went back 3 times? Luckily came back 3 times?

I don't know where I am going with this post, however I have walked thorugh a private hospital latley and I have also recently been through a VA Hospital. Somehow there is something really wrong, a young man puts his life on the line for our country and comes back nearly blind, the hospital smells like it can't keep up with the sanitation. The private hospital on the other hand had **** like aromatheropy when you walk in the door. The dude I visited out of respect for his father was part of a DUI accident.

I do not wish a Happy Veterans Day but a Respectful and Loving Vetrans DayI
    I agree with and have seen much of what you say, but you might be overlooking a important point for some of us. Maybe we are HAPPY to be ALIVE and honoring friends we had that did not come home alive from where ever they may have served. Be it Viet-Nam like me, or Germany, etc. I personally believe I have an obligation to be as HAPPY as possible in honor of those that I lost.

Now the screwing we get from the DVA is a whole other topic....
    Some Days Your The Bug , Some Days Your The Windshield

Images

I ran into another Vet at the Harley shop yesterday (he and I both had to work), and he suggested all Vets should be off with pay on Vet's day, and those that never served should have to work. How 'bout it Obama??

Honored to serve, USN 84-96

Images

Sgt. Rock's photo of his hammock in Iraq makes me proud to be an American.

Thank you to all that have served.

"Me, I just helped my buddies raise a pole, the real heroes are the ones we left behind" John Bradley USN one of the flag raisers on Iwo Jima. I salute all Veterans.
    E-Z---"from sea to shining sea''

Go Air Force!!!

Usaf (1981-1987)

Journal Entries
    Images

to all Veterans!!! and to those still 'standing the watch'!!!

See you on the trail,
    mt squid

MSC (SW/SCW)
    USN (ret)
    1984-2004

Laugh until it hurts, then laugh at that :) adventurousmtnlvr's Avatar
    Images

thank you and also to fellow veterans Personally though ... I miss the travel lol and all the various types of people you meet and funny things you learn along the way. This is silly but in my early days I was sooo naive. Was in the mess hall one day and had no clue that "most" southerners put sugar and butter on rice (back then) and northerners (most not all) put salt on theirs .... told you it was silly but that's what stuck in my head none the less, lol

US Army 1977 - 1980

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++