WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: UL Coffee Maker

For those of you that just gotta have your coffee... a little mental exercise.

Separate, hypothetically, the caffine hit from the warm beverage. Now, honestly, which is it? The drug? The bit of cozy warmth? The flavor and aroma? The social break?

If it's primarily the drug, you can buy caffine tablets. Usually the Kroger stores carry a house brand. The name brand, if you prefer that, is No-Doze. They typically have 200 mg of caffine, and if that's a bit much for you, the tablets can be broken in half.

Reason I mention this, that that I rarely need caffine out on the trail, and those tablets weigh less - a lot less - than coffee fixin's.

Images

I have a bottle of the Walmart type. Kick in the pants, but not the same for me. Hot steam in face is part of the deal.

But they are light.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post

Separate, hypothetically, the caffine hit from the warm beverage. Now, honestly, which is it? The drug? The bit of cozy warmth? The flavor and aroma? The social break?

If it's primarily the drug, you can buy caffine tablets. Usually the Kroger stores carry a house brand. The name brand, if you prefer that, is No-Doze. They typically have 200 mg of caffine, and if that's a bit much for you, the tablets can be broken in half.

Reason I mention this, that that I rarely need caffine out on the trail, and those tablets weigh less - a lot less - than coffee fixin's.
    Blasphemy!
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Pills for ever thing but not food pill then you can be feather wight not light weight

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Mame View Post
    There's a gizmo shaped like a fat spoon with a handle, it opens to hold coffee grounds, and it gets nuked in the mug in a microwave. $2 on sale at a big drugstore. Plastic, screen side panels, light and easy.
    If you buy it at REI, it is green. I bought one when I had to take a bunch of high school kiddos camping and they seemed to like it. Not a coffee drinker so never used it myself. It is taking up space in my gear closet until my next trip with a coffee drinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post

Nope, I'm hooked on the GOOD stuff!

But I did find the lightest option for ground coffee filtration - I used my bandanna over my cup after boiling the grounds in water. My bandanna goes wherever I go anyway.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Skidsteer View Post
    Blasphemy!
    Thou shall not take the name, smell, and taste of coffee in vain.
    The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk. ~Jacqueline Schiff

Images

Quote Originally Posted by snaplok View Post

Thou shall not take the name, smell, and taste of coffee in vain.
    Aye. So mote it be.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Images

Default MMMmmm COFFEE

My cousin gave me one of these back in 03.A little bulky but light and makes a GREAT cup o Joe pretty quick with no paper filters to mess with .Only problem with these is they are brittle in the cold and will bust to pieces if ur not careful with it (these new ones may be more durable?) .It works good though and the price is cheap enough to get a spare to keep in ur bounce box just in case .
    2nd choice would be a nylon/mesh sock type deal that I've seen alot of folks use
    I like the French press but can't afford that set up!
    Gotta have my coffee ! I'd probably poke holes in a leaf ....ah you know what I mean
    FISHINFRED

MY STUFF

MY STUFF ON EBAY

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++