WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Class of 2025

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Diatribe View Post
    I have a feeling that no one will be around in 2025 to hike the trail. there will just be cockroaches, twinkies, and whatever else can withstand nuclear winter.
    Trying not to be a pessimist, just my honest opinion shared with millions of others...
    Yikes ! ... thought I was a pessimist. Man , I hope your wrong !
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

Images

PPV big screen TV in each shelter. Bar & full menue served till dusk each night. After tat just light bite. Or you could just have your porter cook you up something. Steak or Chicken Parmisan, Oh choices it will get so hard to hike the trail! lol

Flip flop, flip flopping' LASHin' 2000 miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Lessee, um 2025 minus, uh DAYUM I'll be 70! I hope my mind is still sharp enough to be there, but genetics might screw me on that one ... Then there's my already degenerating musculoskeletal system ... Oh, hell! I'm in ...

Trionic Mountain Walker
    L Dog
    AT 2000 Miler
    The Laughing Dog Blog
    https://lighterpack.com/r/38fgjt
    "The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness." - John Muir

Images

I always said I would retire in 2025 at the age of 52. If things go as planned I may even be able to retire at age 50, either way the first year I retire I will be back on the A.T. My goal is to hike the A.T. the first year, PCT the second year, CDT the third, and then do some cross country cycling trips. I hiked the A.T. in 09 and I can not wait to get back out there.

In 2025, they may have steep grades along the cable, you can tell Newby's.

Is now a good time to say my date is 2040? If I have kids in the next few years they will be in college by then. I'm going active in the military Oct 1 so I could be retired then. I would be 50ish years old.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    What's the weather like in Virginia in 2025?
    Wondering the same thing. Honestly though, we plan to do the hike after I retire in 2018, starting Spring of 2019. Bob will be 71, I will be 66. We are already prepping. Did a two day 14 mile hike in below freezing weather last weekend to check ourselves out. We need better cold gear. I need to strengthen my legs to protect my knees. We need to figure out how to go lighter. We are going hammock camping because it is easier on our old backs and knees. Older hikers do need different advice.

Registered User Northern Lights's Avatar
    Images

Back it up to 2024 and I am there. Going to start on March 2nd. Best retirement/birthday gift I could give myself. Until then I'll continue sectioning

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++