WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

i like my jetboil....but i use Alky stoves more than my jetboil...
    the jetboils nice cause it's a All in one unit...so there will be no need to get a pot..i think it's a great starter stove

In the "FWIW" department, the MLD Caldera Cone setup packs as an all-in-one unit.
    Stove + windscreen
    850 ml pot
    Gadget
    PCT: 2008 NOBO, AT: 2010 NOBO, CDT: 2011 SOBO, PNT: 2014+2016

Images

There is some good info at cascadeclimbers about the jetboil. The real men of the outdoor world really seem to praise it as a gas cooker. Oh, by real men I mean alpine climbers. (I'm sure everyone knows this already but I thought I would clarify for those groomed trail walkers whose egos have gotten the better of their sense of reality.) xoxoxo
    Thank god I'm agnostic.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

i have the msr pocket rocket&wind pro. I like the wind pro better becouse a windscrean works better.but on 2-3day trips alcohol or esbit stoves cant be beat

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    There is some good info at cascadeclimbers about the jetboil. The real men of the outdoor world really seem to praise it as a gas cooker. Oh, by real men I mean alpine climbers. (I'm sure everyone knows this already but I thought I would clarify for those groomed trail walkers whose egos have gotten the better of their sense of reality.) xoxoxo

Attachment 8055

I can't believe you said that, Bfree. You should expect a reaming over that one.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post

i'll tell ya what...why don't you come deer hunting with me in the fall...and drag a deer a few miles...and we will see who is a real man

i have a raptor. great stove. very durable, folds up really small, never had any problems.

The good old and cheap Primus Express is my favorite canister stove. Does exactly the same thing as the Snow Peak, and all other canister stoves.

You can also choose to buy it without the ignitor that always fails when you need it most. Also weighs 2.5 ounces.

$26.00. I bought mine at REI on sale with a pot and cover and mesh bag.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++