WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Journal Entries
    Images

You can go to photo's here and type in his name on the search engine and you will see several pics of him........

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    ATC provides information on their website regarding how to go about contacting law enforcement authorities. I believe it was recently linked here by lauriep. This might be an appropriate time to relink it. Someone else may have more time to devote to locating this information than I do right now.
    http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45096

The perpetual thru-hiker!
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by generoll View Post
    yeah, but is he hanging around the trail now? and if so, where?
    Well, I suppose if anybody knew the answer to that they would have arrested him already, thus rendering this thread moot.....

I may be wrong, and don't have the time to go searching for the thread, but didn't Jack Tarlin mention something about this guy a little while ago? Maybe Jack knows something he could help the rangers out with.

No, I most certainly did NOT mention anything about this guy earlier. I made one comment that I didn't like to see anonymous rumors posted about other hikers. On the other hand, if folks have legitimate concerns, they should be passed on to the correct authorities, either to the ATC or to the law enforcement people in charge of safety on the Trail.

Sometimes, Trail rumors and scuttlebutt have some truth to them. But often, they don't. If one has legitimate concerns about a hiker, especially if they feel that public safety is threatened, then they should by all means report this. But anonymous Internet posts about people, or implying that so-and-so is a scumbag, or so and so is a douche, or whatever the case may be, well this is kind of distastful. If one wants to report criminal activity but one doesn't want to do it publicly or one doesn't want to be associated with the announcement, fine. Then bring your concerns to the correct person and correct place. But to publicly slag folks on the Internet under pseudonyms is generally not the best way to go.

Sorry, Jack...I must have confused you with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by yaduck9 View Post
    Can anyone post a picture of him?
    Here is a picture of Crutch on the right.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    No, I most certainly did NOT mention anything about this guy earlier. I made one comment that I didn't like to see anonymous rumors posted about other hikers. On the other hand, if folks have legitimate concerns, they should be passed on to the correct authorities, either to the ATC or to the law enforcement people in charge of safety on the Trail.

Sometimes, Trail rumors and scuttlebutt have some truth to them. But often, they don't. If one has legitimate concerns about a hiker, especially if they feel that public safety is threatened, then they should by all means report this. But anonymous Internet posts about people, or implying that so-and-so is a scumbag, or so and so is a douche, or whatever the case may be, well this is kind of distastful. If one wants to report criminal activity but one doesn't want to do it publicly or one doesn't want to be associated with the announcement, fine. Then bring your concerns to the correct person and correct place. But to publicly slag folks on the Internet under pseudonyms is generally not the best way to go.

Well said.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++