WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Just Hikin' Along
    Images

I met February starter, CHILLY, not far from The Mountain Goat where he'd stayed in Williamstown and gave him a ride to the AT crossing in North Adams. Don't see a listing for him on WB or TJ's, but he looks in good shape and seems to be moving along quickly .

Images

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl View Post
    That BoJangles -- did he attempt to thru-hike last year and quit because of bad knees?
    Sorry, Astrogirl, I don't know. I know that he is traveling with Curly and that they are from the south.

Images

I was dayhiking with my dog (trying to teach him trail manners ) and ran into Steam at Pine Knob Shelter in MD...he had a few visitors hiking with him for the week.

Default Duncannon, PA

About 10 hikers in Duncannon on Monday night. Hiked out on Tuesday. So, I gather that the early fast hikers are through and now we are starting with the groups bottling up in Duncannon from what the one hiker told me. He is the first I have seen that I met at Trail Days. Said he hadn't seen another hiker for weeks till he hit Duncannon. He is happy to know that he is in the vicinity of a group again. He was with the group till he had to take a few days off. He hiked 30ish into Duncannon.

Images

Dayhiked in MD today and ran into Intents, Sawman, Black Kat, Cricket, Lost Acadian, Yogi, and Doubleshot. Another beautiful day on the trail!

2010 complete

The gentleman at the Andover, ME Citgo said that he had a thru hiker come thru about a week ago. He said the hiker started in Jan.

Default Duncannon, PA

This has been one of the most wonderful days of my trail family days. Along with meeting and spending time with 09er Pogo, I reacquainted with a hiker I met in 2002. She was 11 then hiking with her Mom & Dad (The Odd Couple, her brother (Rockslide) and Sunrise and Sunset. Her name is Cascade hiking her second AT thru in 09. WHAT A GREAT SURPRISE. LIFE IS GREAT. I AM SO BLESSED.

Default P.s.

Here's The Pic From '02 Of The Whole Group.

Images

Ran into Boof (sp) yesterday at the Dover Oak he had put together to big days back to back. Started out of Springer 3/21 so he is trucking right along and had Tony's Deli on his mind so he didn't stop too long.

Tin Man welcomed Ice Man to New England (Hoyt Rd) today. He is flipping DWG-ME, then DWG-GA.

I will be hiking in PA next week- Caledonia to Boiling Springs- I hope that there will be some folks in that area since I will be walking alone during the day. A friend will be meeting me at various crossings in the evenings so that we can camp together. What do you think? Will walking alone in that area be ok?

Quote Originally Posted by littledragon View Post
    I will be hiking in PA next week- Caledonia to Boiling Springs- I hope that there will be some folks in that area since I will be walking alone during the day. A friend will be meeting me at various crossings in the evenings so that we can camp together. What do you think? Will walking alone in that area be ok?
    Should be a number of thru's, not quite peak but noticeable. B.S. will be crowded on Saturday the 6th for the Foundry Day civic festival, as well as displays around the ATC office for the coincident National Trails Day. Plenty of interesting food stands set up there but might be crowded if you're trying to drop a car. (Not exactly trail magic, you have to pay. )

Images

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    Here's The Pic From '02 Of The Whole Group.
    Homer Witcher helped me when I went thru Troutville in '03. I believe he maintains a section north of town.

His daughter Cascade has a nice journal over at Trailjournals.com

User Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by PUNKINPUSS11 View Post
    Bumped into Blue, Evergreen, Panama Red, Bear Bag, Ace, Weezer, while i was sectioning close to the ny/nj border in Vernon, nj. Was a pleasure 2 stay with such awesome people.......oh and archimedes(sp)
    I ran into these people too, I believe. Weezer stayed at the same shelter my group and I stayed at our last night. It was in NY. Evergreen and the gentleman she was with (I'm guessing Panama Red cause he had red hair) passed us around lunch and were likely a shelter ahead of us by the end of the night. We shared some of our food with them. There were also two other guys who I came across who were pretty hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by littledragon View Post
    About a half dozen coming through Duncannon per day now.

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    About a half dozen coming through Duncannon per day now.
    let us know when MS comes through... i have something for him

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
    let us know when MS comes through... i have something for him
    me too. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    me too. . . .

nice boot dryer. ventilate first, hang out to dry second.

Images

There's a lot of us here in Daleville, VA.

Ramble~On, Leprechaun, Timber, Swiss Cheese, Strings...Whitebread, Poppins..many more but the margaritas from the mexican place across from the HoJo has clouded my memory. huh, what was i saying? Baltimore Jack was shelter back yesterday. The swimming pool here and proximity to all that you could need or want is keeping us here like the tractor beam from the Death Star. Life is excellent and the hiking is fantastic.
    "Going to the woods is going home" - John Muir

"Only by going alone in silence, without baggage, can one truely get into the heart of the wilderness" - John Muir

Images

Ran into ducky and RadioFreg and five more heading out of Maryland their spirits were high, glad the rain has let up nobo bound
    Would you be offended if I told you to
    TAKE A HIKE!
    CowHead

"If at first you don't succeed......Skydiving is not for you" Zen Isms

I once was lost, then I hike the trail

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++