WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by srestrepo View Post
    sweet baby ray's.
    thats what i used to think til i tried sweetfire!
    i'm sending winton(mtn. crossings) a couple gallons so he can use it when he BBQ'S or grills for the hikers.

Journal Entries
    Images

Thanks Disney I did not know the page had been updated I will get 6 bottles for $30 and pay the man. Wow.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by CrumbSnatcher View Post
    thats what i used to think til i tried sweetfire!
    i'm sending winton(mtn. crossings) a couple gallons so he can use it when he BBQ'S or grills for the hikers.

do you have a website for sweetfire?

FYI to all Sweet Baby Rays has a lot of Karo, but still makes acceptable Jerky. It does turn out a little more sticky because of it.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

Maurices BBQ Sauce from Maurices BBQ in columbia south carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post

FYI to all Sweet Baby Rays has a lot of Karo, but still makes acceptable Jerky. It does turn out a little more sticky because of it.
    after trying sweetfire, baby rays didn't taste good anymore
    sent a halg gallon to winton at neel gap for his march 13th BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post

www.bear-b-cue.com i myself couldn't get it to work.

i thought somebody posted they don't like BBQ sauce with corn syrup in it and its usually the main/first ingredient. sweetfire has corn syrup though & its a thick sauce
    the ingredients are:
    brown sugar,tamato paste,vinegar,corn syrup,cayenne pepper,salt,seasoned salt(salt,sugar,spices including paprika and turmeric,onion,cornstarch,garlic,tricalcium phosphate(prevents caking),paprika oleoresin(for color)and natural flavor),chili powder,black pepper, liquid smoke,granulated garlic,onion powder,honey,cumin.
    the bottle says all natural with no preservaties added. one of the better ones i've ever tried

Journal Entries
    Images

i thought somebody posted they don't like BBQ sauce with corn syrup in it and its usually the main/first ingredient. sweetfire has corn syrup though & its a thick sauce
    the ingredients are:
    brown sugar,tamato paste,vinegar,corn syrup,cayenne pepper,salt,seasoned salt(salt,sugar,spices including paprika and turmeric,onion,cornstarch,garlic,tricalcium phosphate(prevents caking),paprika oleoresin(for color)and natural flavor),chili powder,black pepper, liquid smoke,granulated garlic,onion powder,honey,cumin.
    the bottle says all natural with no preservaties added. one of the better ones i've ever tried
    Yup that was me, Corn Syrup is unacceptable as a first ingredient, when dehydrating it turns to a sticky mess. I don't mind it if its way down the list.

Woo

I'm quite surprised that nobody has mentioned Famous Dave's BBQ sauce... one of me definite favorites, and comes in good sized packets when you get a to-go order!

I have a drawer full of them, in both "Rich and Sassy" and "Devil's Spit" that go good mixed in darn near every trail food there is.
    http://www.famousdaves.com/

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Medic! View Post
    I'm quite surprised that nobody has mentioned Famous Dave's BBQ sauce... one of me definite favorites, and comes in good sized packets when you get a to-go order!

I have a drawer full of them, in both "Rich and Sassy" and "Devil's Spit" that go good mixed in darn near every trail food there is.
    http://www.famousdaves.com/
    Sorry Medic, its unacceptable for Jerky. its a personal thing. The worst is Emeril Lagasse as you know I have never seen him use Corn Syrup for his sauces and when you pick up a bottle with his name on it... YUCH.

RICH & SASSY BBQ SAUCE - High Fructose Corn Syrup, Tomato Paste, Water, Vinegar, Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Molasses, Salt, Honey, Soybean Oil, Barley Malt Flour, Spices, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Onion Powder, Mustard Bran, Sodium Benzoate (used to protect quality), Natural Smoke Flavor, Garlic Powder, Caramel Color, Instant Coffee, Natural and Artificial Flavor (milk), Tumeric. CONTAINS: Soy, Milk

Woo

The sauce my brother makes, great stuff. Tweaked to our liking. Good reviews at the BBQ competitions we started doing.
    But store bought, Sweet Baby rays. There was another I tryed once made by Blue Bird or something along the line that was very good.

Journal Entries
    Images

I came back to this thread, I met a guy who is out of work and could not get a job, so he started a new business at a farmers market, allowing patrons to try different sauces on chips and then buy bottles of your choosing. Here are a few I took home....

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/papxxxwhitli.html

jardines 7j ranch - still a lot of corn syrup...

http://www.jardinefoods.com/

http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/browseProducts.php Creole Honey Mustard Sauce

Woo

Hikingsasquatch Hikingsasquatch's Avatar
    Images

Default Sonny's

Sonny's seems to have one of the better ingredient lists for an affordable price and the taste is outstanding.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hikingsasquatch View Post
    Sonny's seems to have one of the better ingredient lists for an affordable price and the taste is outstanding.

http://www.sonnysbbqstore.com/cgi-ph...sort_by=user10

Couldn't find an ingredient list... the Chipolte peppers sounds interesting.

Woo

Journal Entries
    Images

the ingredients are:

http://www.sweetfirebbq.com/index.htm

still lookin....

GOT IT WORKING!

http://secure.bear-b-cue.com/product...3eef3fd9fe03a4

Woo

Images

[QUOTE=Wise Old Owl]

still lookin....

GOT IT WORKING!
    /QUOTE]

I'd like to know if you ever got the Texas Best reboot. Did they really go back to the original recipe? Is it as good as it is supposed to be?

Default best anywhere

those super duper ones like someone said earlier il have to wait til north carolina tenn area to get but a really good one available nationwide now is the jack daniels brand bbq sauce its very good and avaiable at grocery

Journal Entries
    Images

[QUOTE=Disney;1004571]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl

still lookin....

GOT IT WORKING!
    /QUOTE]

I'd like to know if you ever got the Texas Best reboot. Did they really go back to the original recipe? Is it as good as it is supposed to be?

Glad you asked, "I have people!" right now working on that and the hook up might take us half way into May to find out.

Woo

Journal Entries
    Images

Texas Best arrived today...

Here the Ingredients...

TOMATO SAUCE,TOMATO JUICE,TOMATO PASTE, MARGERINE, WORCHESTERSHIRE, LEMON JUICE, VINEGAR,SALT,PEPPER,BROWN SUGAR,GARLIC,ONION,SMOKE FLAVOR,SPICES.

SODIUM LOW 10 PERCENT!
    SUGAR 3 PERCENT!

Woo

Harold's Pit Bar-B-Q.
    Abilene, Texas.

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

You really cannot have one sauce. What its good on one dish will ruin another.

JMO...
    ~~^^^~~^^~^^^~~~^^^^^~^~
    Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
++ New Posts ++