WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by beakerman View Post
    I think the definition of "hippie" has changed from the 60's. In fact from what I understand even the hippies back then did not fit into any formal definitions. It's like the term redneck...everyone thinks they know what it means and most will deny that they are one--even when consensus says they are one.

So what do you call someone with a spare 6 months to do a through hike? what if they smoke pot and wear tie-dye too? Just askin'...because I was always told if it looks and sounds like a duck it's probably a duck...
    pot smoking ducks?!?! this must be dealt with!

Quote Originally Posted by phillycheze View Post
    boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

hippies died in the early 70's. read a book. tie-dye, pot, and a love/peace attitude will never make u a hippie. no matter how hard you try. protest the war and get beaten by cops then arrested. then u'll be pretty close to reaching HIPPIE level in dungeon and dragons.

oh and BTW, the non-hiker world thinks all hikers are hippies. they are as ignorant as most of you.
    Give it up, just by calling people ignorant makes you as ignorant as the rest. Get over yourself

sorry about the double post. bad internet connection........
    That makes you a HIPPIE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by catfishrivers View Post
    pot smoking ducks?!?! this must be dealt with!
    And in Maine the loons smoke dope, hence the name looooooooon

Registered User Mother's Finest's Avatar

I am a Hippie and damn proud of it.

looks can be deceiving

peace
    mf

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    wow. dope must be really good. do they let their kids smoke it since it's so wonderful? y'all say it's so harmless
    That whiskey must be really good. Do they let their kids drink it since it's so wonderful? y'all say it's so harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    wow. dope must be really good. do they let their kids smoke it since it's so wonderful? y'all say it's so harmless
    Weak arguement! Most of us would agree that sex is really good too, but most of us won't be encouraging our children to run out and have sex!

And further, if we're going to determine what is exceptable or not in society by level of harm caused, then we'll be saying goodbye to fast food and processed food, alcohol, tobacco, firearms, cars, cosmetics, pestisides, synthetics, plastic, fertilizers, pretty much everything that makes our current world work... Just say'n!

well then, i must be an ignorant hillbilly-redneck-city slicker-hippie.
    thanks for clearing that up.

Rethinking Wolf's question, my answer would be yes... Given the choice, (if only parents where so lucky) if I could choose my child's first experience experimenting with alcohol or drugs, I'd choose pot hands down. It's far and away safer in many ways then alcohol. Especially considering the binge drinking teens do... Can't say I’ve ever heard of a person dying of "pot" poisoning like you do alcohol.. Alcohol gives most first timers a superman complex that leads to doing stupid things.. The worst there going to get from pot is the munchies, maybe try and turn a bladder into a bong, and eventually a nap... Yeah, so Wolf my answer would certainly be yes if I was so lucky to have a choice!

well then, i must be an ignorant hillbilly-redneck-city slicker-hippie.
    thanks for clearing that up.
    Hey anytime you need a gut check, Im here for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Mother's Finest View Post
    I am a Hippie and damn proud of it.

looks can be deceiving

peace
    mf
    But wait, I thought there was no such thing as a hippie anymore. Remember, they died in the 70's!

Registered User Mother's Finest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    But wait, I thought there was no such thing as a hippie anymore. Remember, they died in the 70's!
    naw just false information given out back on page one or two of the thread

congrats to you and Wak as well. Good Luck! I got my ten year at the end of the month.

peace
    mf

Images

Quote Originally Posted by beakerman View Post
    It's like the term redneck...everyone thinks they know what it means and most will deny that they are one--even when consensus says they are one.
    I know plenty of rednecks. They'd all proudly claim it.
    If people spent less time being offended and more time actually living, we'd all be a whole lot happier!

Reappropriate the language yo

I'm a redneck hippie cyber nomad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    correct. they is just hippie wannabe's

Quote Originally Posted by DAJA View Post
    Can't say I’ve ever heard of a person dying of "pot" poisoning like you do alcohol.. Alcohol gives most first timers a superman complex that leads to doing stupid things.. The worst there going to get from pot is the munchies, maybe try and turn a bladder into a bong, and eventually a nap... Yeah, so Wolf my answer would certainly be yes if I was so lucky to have a choice!
    There's never even been a documented case of death from pot. Even WATER consumption has been documented as a cause of death.

What's scary is that inhalants are on the rise and becoming popular with teens. Talk about a bad drug!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr O View Post
    There's never even been a documented case of death from pot. Even WATER consumption has been documented as a cause of death.

What's scary is that inhalants are on the rise and becoming popular with teens. Talk about a bad drug!
    And not so coincidently, people trying to beat a drug screening have gotten water intoxication and have died in an effort to water down their piss.

Angry Off Track

It seen to me this post got off track it about obey the rules that a hostel has set up for ever one enjoyment. If they can't follow the rules then leave the hostel or the Place. How many places have close on the A.T because of this type of crap. The trail has lost many places because a few dumb a** can't follow the rules and spoil it for ever one.Oh yet just so you know when you take one shot of a alcohol you wipe out one brain cell when you take a hit off a joint you wipe out 1000 brain cells. Now let think !!!!!!! real facts not made up you can look up your self well that it.

Quote Originally Posted by bishopj View Post
    It seen to me this post got off track it about obey the rules that a hostel has set up for ever one enjoyment.
    wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by bishopj View Post
    Oh yet just so you know when you take one shot of a alcohol you wipe out one brain cell when you take a hit off a joint you wipe out 1000 brain cells. Now let think !!!!!!! real facts not made up you can look up your self well that it.
    sigh.................. You make reality sad

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++