I bought two bottles of the Repel Lemon Eucalyptus repellent from the local Wal-Mart. Oddly enough in the few weeks between the time I first saw it there and the time I decided to buy the stuff it had been taken off the shelf. Very odd. I went to all of the local Wal-Marts - same thing. Then I lucked out and found it on the clearance aisle. Not sure why they are no longer going to carry it. I found it with the hunting close-out supplies for $2 a bottle.

Initial impression:
I tried the stuff, and I fortunately did not have problems with skin irritation. The bottle reads that some may have reactions to it. I do not recommend putting it anywhere near your eyes. I sprayed some on my hand, rubbed it on my face and across my eyelids - and this stuff burns! The burn was like a menthol type sensation, like Icy Hot or Flex All. I would not recommend this anywhere near 'sensitive' areas.

Skeeters were out and about the night I tried it, but not out in force. I did not get bitten once on the areas I treated. I did get nailed on the ankle, but I did not spray any there. My legs were the 'control group' in this experiment.

My conclusion is that it does appear to work, but for how long and how effective it is on other pests I do not know. The bottle reads up to 6 hrs protection from mosquitoes and deer ticks, but I would guess you would have to reapply every 2-3 hours. It is very strongly scented (very lemony, very eucalyptusy) and seems kinda oily. Not sure how well it plays with synthetic materials when applied to them.

The ingredients state the the composition is 40% oil of lemon eucalyptus, 60% other ingredients. Hmm, wonder what is in the other 60%?

BTW, Wal-Mart is now carrying a permethrin-based aerosal spray. Isn't that what some of the repellent clothing is treated with? If so you might could 'recharge' the stuff after several washes using the stuff.