WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Cosby Knob Shelter last year. CREEPY dude walks in and insist that he must sleep against the wall. No one argued with him. Said he was walking home to Mass. Didnt say a word, had a crazy eye, and really creeped everyone out. Was glad when I saw him fly past me at Mt Cammerer.

Then there was Red Eyes!

There is miles and miles (hundreds) of unmapped roads-mostly logging roads-but passable in a Liberty (I take my Rodeo down them) in the George Washington National Forest-one could live quietly, and not see another person for months-until hunting season begins-or you come out and back into civilization....And the GWNF is much more wilderness that most of the federal parks, as it really doesn't attract a lot of tourists and about twice the size of SNP....

It's possible...

Images

If he's in the woods, I'd bet he's staying off the AT and is somewhere isolated...there are some way back places in north GA and NC where you wouldn't look for a car.

Wandering Vagabond
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by JERMM View Post
    Eric Rudolph's truck wasn't discovered for a few days either, hiding a vehicle in the woods with leaf cover getting thicker everyday would be fairly easy right now. And red Jeeps in the UGA area pretty common.

That's true. However, I get the impression that Rudolph knew the woods better than this guy, plus I think most people will agree he had help. Granted, Zinkhan is a fan of the AT, but I get the feeling he didn't hike the AT that much and I don't think anybody is helping him.

In addition, this guy has done some international travel. If he is going into hiding mode, I would think it would be something on a global nature.

Chances are we'll soon know, but, it is possible we may never know.

Registered User Dances with Mice's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    well.... he went to a local theatre and shot his "estranged" wife and two other men, who may or may not have been with her, dead as a doornail. i'd say he was jealous, but that may be a shot in the dark. sorry. no pun intended.
    Maybe. Or he really didn't like the play.
    You never turned around to see the frowns
    On the jugglers and the clowns
    When they all did tricks for you.

Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by MintakaCat View Post
    In addition, this guy has done some international travel. If he is going into hiding mode, I would think it would be something on a global nature.
    Probably, but that isn't as easy as it used to be. Even in a place as backwater as Central America, half the hostels I stayed at in Guatemala and Honduras took my passport and wrote down the info. I suppose you could get another passport in another name, but with RFID implants in the passports, fake ones are tougher to do.
    Frosty

Maybe they should stake out the dumpster behind the BI-LO in Murphy.

I'm on it this morning...will report back this afternoon on my findings.

Wandering Vagabond
    Images

This just showed up on the AJC:

Missing professor’s Jeep found

The red Jeep belonging to murder suspect and former University of Georgia professor George Zinkhan has been found.

According to an alert posted just after 8 a.m. Friday on the UGA Web site, the vehicle was found in northwestern Clarke County. Zinkhan, who is suspected of killing his wife and two other people on Saturday, is still at large.

“Yes, we did find the truck this morning. He’s not in it,” said FBI Special Agent in Charge Gregory Jones.

Jones said the truck was found by tracking a brief signal transmitted by one of Zinkhan’s phones.

The Jeep was found not far from Zinkhan’s Bogart home.

Jones said that it “tells us that there could have been a little more planning on his part. What might have looked like a hasty murder might have been a little more planned.”

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...eep_found.html

lord, at least they could report it correctly.
    the jeep got found on cleveland road which is right down the street from his house in athens/clarke co.
    he sent a text msg and the bleep showed up enough for them to track him to the jeep, which he abandoned before the cops showed up.
    he's also been seen at walmart since then.
    the cops down here couldn't find a diamond in their own ******** even if they were the ones to put it there..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++