WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

I wore mine for the first time a few weeks ago on a 9 mile rainy day hike in the smokies (I did not ease into them like they suggest). The are great for creek crossings, rooty/rocky trails - your feet comform to the trail and you feel really stable walking. thought they were great, considering it was the first time i used them. The last 1.5 mile of the hike were on a hard packed gravel road (as hard as asphalt)...I didn't think they were great here...just imagine walking 2 mile in bare feet on a hard road, it gets kinda old.

So to sum up - they're great on the trail, not great on places where cars drive.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by humunuku View Post
    I wore mine for the first time a few weeks ago on a 9 mile rainy day hike in the smokies (I did not ease into them like they suggest). The are great for creek crossings, rooty/rocky trails - your feet comform to the trail and you feel really stable walking. thought they were great, considering it was the first time i used them. The last 1.5 mile of the hike were on a hard packed gravel road (as hard as asphalt)...I didn't think they were great here...just imagine walking 2 mile in bare feet on a hard road, it gets kinda old.

So to sum up - they're great on the trail, not great on places where cars drive.
    Good review! I've been debating getting these myself for a while. I think I may give them a try.

Great for perfecting your running form if that's what you plan on using them for. It'll help make you more efficient because you won't heel strike which kills your momentum. But watch out using them for hiking because the natural walking stride will land you on your heel and give you a bruised feeling.

I live in the city so I have to be extra careful when running barefoot so these are a great safe alternative. Make sure not to strain your Achilles tendon in them- a likely injury if you are not careful. The lowering of the heel will stretch your Achilles more than normal shoes do which can be agonizing and can become a recurring injury unless you slowly adjust to those shoes.

I purchased a pair after the bottom of both feet blistered
    They were all I could wear till my feet healed
    very ugly but very comfortable
    Great grass cutting shoes
    Wore them on a day hike up to Blood Mt this week

Journal Entries
    Images

I am on the fence - me thinkus a waste of time if applied to the AT
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

I have had mine for about 6 months (KSOs) and used them under lots of conditions. Running on hot "pebble rich" asphalt, in deep puddles, on tread mills and hiking in the snow. Climbing 7 story grated fire fighter training towers is something I did often under wet and dry conditions with out incident. I have used them over rocky ground and best of all walking the dogs. I like them but would not back pack in TX with them because of thorns. Now that I live in Washington state it is looking up. I have used them as lite weight camp shoe with good results. Cons include thorns poking through bottom, ants biting through the top fabric and I have reservations around sharp rocks.
    The brake period is hard on the calves because of the angel change of the heal being lowered. I think having your feet right on the ground increases your safety because you feel the terrain and instinctively react accordingly. The chance of twisting an ankle in my mind is reduced. When I feel what is going on under my feet It makes for a richer experience. Although worn mostly without socks, for military PT I wear required white socks and for my time out in snow and cold weather it is wool. Injinji makes adult toe socks that work and fit well as this allows shoes to be used under a virity of conditions. They are cool and attract lots of attention.I will post again after I hike with a pack next fall.

Hope this helps

I bought a pair to wear in my kayak about 6 months ago and I LOVE them! I have ran in them, done a little bit of hiking, wear em around town, etc.. I do go barefoot ALOT so they never really bothered my feet but I have a few friends that have them and it took them a while to get used to them when on rocky surfaces. If you do get a pair of them be prepared for ALOT of people to stop you and ask you all about your shoes....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++