WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

So now the question is...... Does anyone know where to source thin sheet titanium?

Do that and we have a cottage industry.

Has anyone tried a mini-cone over a tealight tin for an alcohol burner or a vegetable oil burner ?

Also, what is the best way to modify a cone for use on snow or over cold wet ground ???

Quote Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
    So now the question is...... Does anyone know where to source thin sheet titanium?

Right here: http://www.suluk46.com/index.html

Suluk used to have a sheet of the titanium that he sold. Could contact him in reference to it.

Images

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by rafter c View Post
    You know, I clicked on your link and went to that site. Right on the home page was this post: "I am trying to catch up on emails and orders during this busy time. If you don't hear back from me in a week, shoot me another message just to remind me!" WITHOUT ANY DATE WHATSOEVER!!!

If that's the quality (or rather the total lack of it) of his engineering of things, I'm not impressed. How do I know if that note is 24 hours old or 24 months old? I don't! He gave me totally useless "news."

Undated documents, drafts, posts, sites, photos, etc., are a pet peeve of mine, though I tend to believe a very legitimate one.

Rain Man

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

I went for a walk in the woods and stumbled across a tree stump. I cursed.
    Not the sort of customer service I would expect from a walk in the woods.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Spokes View Post

Titanium Goat

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    You know, I clicked on your link and went to that site. Right on the home page was this post: "I am trying to catch up on emails and orders during this busy time. If you don't hear back from me in a week, shoot me another message just to remind me!" WITHOUT ANY DATE WHATSOEVER!!!

If that's the quality (or rather the total lack of it) of his engineering of things, I'm not impressed. How do I know if that note is 24 hours old or 24 months old? I don't! He gave me totally useless "news."

Undated documents, drafts, posts, sites, photos, etc., are a pet peeve of mine, though I tend to believe a very legitimate one.

Rain Man

No disrespect, but if you really wanted you could actually TRY contacting them. Heck, if ya got time to surf WB, an email to Suluk couldn't hurt. I mean no disrespect, just saying. And yes, I can tell it is a pet peeve of yours. Just for info, I have ordered a couple times from Suluk--not a problem at all. Did it all via email and he answered all my questions within a day. And come to think of it--I believe that message has been on his site for a while, even when I ordered. Ah well, he does have some pretty cool stuff going on even though not much of it applies in the southeast. And he has some pretty cool ideas with a lot of thought going into it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++