I will be a May 2010 NOBO thru-hiker and I've been a bit worried about making it to Katahdin before October 15th. I've read the following in another thread and decided to post about it here to possibly get an answer:
"Technically Baxter doesn't close for entry. It closes its campsites in October. And the hike up to the terminus has to be done during the day when weather is permissable."
Is this true? So even if I arrive to Baxter after October 15th I can still hike Katahdin if the weather is permissable? If this is true, I won't have to hurry as much on my thru-hike.