WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Probably no worse than eating uncooked bugs or drinking untreated water in that part of the world.

There is a clip of Grylls on one of the late night shows where he talks about some of this and issues like letting go some diarrhea etc while on film and climbing a cliff wall.

Supposedly the elephant poop trick was told to him by an African tribesman as a last resort to get water. Grylls called it a low point in his career.

http://www.myspace.com/officialbillville Mountain Dew's Avatar

Default Wow

Quote Originally Posted by zoidfu View Post
    I hate to pull the patriotism card because it's lame... but he's also anti American. He wouldn't mind if Texas seceded and he even said he'd run for President of Texas.

Ten bucks says he'd dress like a woman in an effort to escape after that civil war a la Jefferson Davis.
    Chuck Norris in his prime could beat Bear. Any talk about Norris not being a badass is out of ignorance just as bashing Bear is ignorant.

Saying that Chuck Norris is " anti- American " because of his views on the GREAT state of TEXAS are laughable, ignorant, and a biased. Im confused as to why he was compared to Davis when he is more akin to Lincoln. Nonetheless , Norris is a down to earth patriotic American..........
    THE Mairnttt...Boys of Dryland '03 (an unplanned Billville suburb)
    http://www.AT2003.com
    [email protected]
    http://www.myspace.com/hudson_hartson

http://www.myspace.com/officialbillville Mountain Dew's Avatar

Default Try using facts when posting

Quote Originally Posted by Totem View Post
    No. As far as I know, Bear Grylls isn't campaigning to mandate the study and testing of the bible in public school like Chuck "The Tool" Norris is.

The Chuck Norris fad passed quickly with this generation when we found out what a creationist douchebag he was.

And Bear Grylls is an idiot too. Lone Wolf: He has a discovery show that explains to people how to kill themselves in the wild faster.
    Hahahaa so ill-informed opinions. It could be argued that Chuck Norris is more popular now than ever. Have you noticed that his t-shirts are sold all over the country in major department stores ? Looks like this generation is embracing Chuck Norris contrary to your claim.

Mr Norris also continues to devote tons of his time to charity as well as millions of his dollars over the years. He primarily donates time and money to childrens groups.

According to polls taken over 80% of Americans proclaim to be Christians so youR comment on "creationalist" seems to be that of the underwhelming minority.

Some people use hatred and made up opinions of the masses to base their post on. I choose to use facts and my own opinion.
    THE Mairnttt...Boys of Dryland '03 (an unplanned Billville suburb)
    http://www.AT2003.com
    [email protected]
    http://www.myspace.com/hudson_hartson

Images

Humor forum, any way to get back to that at this point? Sheesh. If not it will be closed. Thanks, ed
    That's my dog, Echo. He's a fine young dog.

Grylled Bareazz is a suicide jockey.
    He'll be in the news soon enough.

"Idiot TV entertainer dives off a 40 foot cliff into 2 feet of water.He landed on his head so he'll recover fine"

Chuck Norris doesnt read books. He stares at them until they give him the information he wants.

Chuck is a karate movie guy. Some decent martial arts skills, but mostly staged for film.

Bear is a proven combat vet who served in a speacial ops unit. Basically, a special forces guy with certified kills on his resume.
    Sorry Chuck, but ya wouldn't even feel the 50 cal go thru yer skull.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    oh. one of those fake TV survivalist types. buncha staged crap

there was a time i looked up to you.. oh LW what have you become
    " YOU'RE MAD!" "... Thank goodness for that, Because if I wasn't this would probably never work." AT thru hiker advice from CAPN jack sparrow

You know, I watched a marathon of his show this week and he does such just plain stupid things so often that find myself wishing something BAD will happen to him.

Oh yes, let's go into a cave with only one torch and keep going until it burns out because "The best way to get down a mountain is through it!"

Yeah, uh-huh. Riiiight.
    http://www.radio-outdoors.com Ham Radio and the outdoors. Perfect together!

He is a TV thrill jockey

If any person even well trained with no staging and no backup team tried half the crap he does they would be dead in less than 72 hours.

Just the bacteria and other nasties from those uncooked bugs and whatnot he eats should do him in.

I am sure he goes to the gastro doctor after every shoot.

Images

Bear Grylls is a new product from George Foreman. Same great Bear taste, 20 percent less fat.

Default filling the void

Is it just me or is there a great action hero void? Chuck Norris, Arnold, Jackie Chan, Stallone, Jet Lee, ?Van Dan?, may still do some films but are far past the prime. Then someone like The Rock comes along and decides to only do children's films.

I certainly was in the right.
    Journal Entries
    Images

They can both kick my a**. My guess is that Chuck Norris could do it faster.

Quote Originally Posted by tammons View Post
    He is a TV thrill jockey

If any person even well trained with no staging and no backup team tried half the crap he does they would be dead in less than 72 hours.

Just the bacteria and other nasties from those uncooked bugs and whatnot he eats should do him in.

I am sure he goes to the gastro doctor after every shoot.
    Only 72 hours? Sooner I think.
    http://www.radio-outdoors.com Ham Radio and the outdoors. Perfect together!

From his wiki:

Grylls' expedition involved nearly four months on Everest's southeast face: From his first reconnaissance climb on which he fell in a crevasse and was knocked unconscious, regaining consciousness to find himself swinging on the end of a rope, to the weeks of acclimatisation climbs involving climbing up and down the South Face, negotiating the Khumbu icefall (a frozen river), the Western Cwm glacier, and a 5000 foot wall of ice called the Lhotse face, to the grueling ascent with the ex-SAS soldier Neil Laughton, involving climbing for hours in the night, that took him past extreme weather, fatigue, dehydration, last-minute illness, sleep deprivation and almost running out of oxygen inside the death zone where air is three times thinner than at sea level.
    To prepare for climbing at such high altitudes in the Himalayas, in 1997, Grylls became the youngest Briton to climb Ama Dablam, a peak described by Sir Edmund Hillary as "unclimbable".
    In December 2008, Grylls suffered a broken shoulder while kite skiing across a stretch of ice during an independent expedition to climb a remote unclimbed peak in Antarctica. Travelling at speeds up to 50 km/h (30 mph), a ski caught on the ice, launching him in the air and breaking his shoulder when he came down
    Sounds like a giant sissy to me.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DrRichardCranium View Post
    I dont have cable, but I've heard about these "survival" shows.

One thing people talk about is the guy squeezing drinking water out of elephant poop.

Wouldn't there still be a lot of endotoxin from the bacteria, living & dead, in the poop?

And wouldn't ingesting all that endotoxin cause your body to lose MORE water?

I just can't believe that drinking poop-water is a good idea.

I saw bear eat an apple piece out of bear poop while in Romania on one of the many episodes I watched today. That gives new meaning to recycling! LOL
    And for the record, I think Chuck Norris is a creeper!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by LTROSS View Post
    Chuck Norris doesnt read books. He stares at them until they give him the information he wants.

Chuck Norris doesn't speak any foreign languages; he beats you until you learn English.

Mr. Bean is the new Chuck Norris.
    The new Mr. Bean is yet to be determined.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by J5man View Post
    Chuck Norris doesn't speak any foreign languages; he beats you until you learn English.

Chuck Norris is to busy playing on his total gym to care about anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelbronco View Post
    Chuck is a karate movie guy. Some decent martial arts skills, but mostly staged for film.
    Friend of mine spared with him to audition for a part in a movie.
    6th degree BB and said he was very intimidating.

CN does not get the respect he deserves IMO.

In 68 he won the Professional Middleweight Karate champion title, which he held for six consecutive years.

In 69, he won Karate's triple crown for the most tournament wins of the year

Hand to hand I would take Norris even at his age.

Who knows what Bear has actually accomplished other than eating bugs and drinking water from elephant poop on his show.

He has a lot of knowledge for sure, but who knows how much of ir is real and how much is a set up.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
++ New Posts ++