WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Images

Default You know those five hour energy shots...

Well, if you have a really hard day of hiking ahead, or you're just tired and you decide to take a five hour energy shot, just this once, will you book it and then crash, or what? (One NoBo I was talking to said you take, beast out thirty miles and wake up in some ditch with no idea how you got there. Is that true?)

Registered User Pacific Tortuga's Avatar
    Images

Just take a little three times a day in your water and it will give you all the boost you'll need. I like Emergen-C in my water but this works well too.

Images

Good idea- I didn't think of spacing it out.

I tell ya, I don't know how it was possible but I took one of those things and it absolutely drained me of any and all energy- felt like **** immediately after. I tend to stay away from those things.

Quote Originally Posted by traceless View Post
    One NoBo I was talking to said you take, beast out thirty miles and wake up in some ditch with no idea how you got there.
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. It's mostly B Vitamins so to answer your question...NO nobody has ever woken in a ditch after taking 5 hour energy.

A B vitamin supplement is cheaper and lighter per dose. I would try that out and see where it gets you. I promise you won't end up in a ditch. I use the 5 hour energy in regular life, and love it. It is a godsend for us insomniacs out there.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by dart7383 View Post
    A B vitamin supplement is cheaper and lighter per dose. I would try that out and see where it gets you. I promise you won't end up in a ditch. I use the 5 hour energy in regular life, and love it. It is a godsend for us insomniacs out there.
    Agree w/D7383...I usually take it in the early afternoon (1400-1500) to give an extra push for my evening work-outs or an evening class. No crashes in my experience. Perhaps some initial flushing which higher doses of Vit B are known for!

***BearPack***

Quote Originally Posted by RITBlake View Post
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. It's mostly B Vitamins so to answer your question...NO nobody has ever woken in a ditch after taking 5 hour energy.

The 5 hour energy drink is mostly caffeine, which is fine.

i tried those drinks during a 50 mile race. they had no effect

Images

I took that crap one time and it made me feel like I was gonna have a heart attack...

Images

It is like drinking cherry coolaid to me. No effect. I'd get better results just eating my money, at least then I might get something out of it.
    ---Where ever you go
    There you are---

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    I took that crap one time and it made me feel like I was gonna have a heart attack...
    Me too. You should do it like the Indians did and just drink a bunch of water. Banannas are full of sugars and potassium too.

Images

I take it sometimes at work, I work a 24 hr shift, & as opposed to something like "No-Doze" Or RedBull I get an energy boost but not the crazy rush from the high caffeen stuff, it lasts about 5 hrs (funny huh?) with a slow "let down".
    I took one mixed in my 1L water botle first day of my last 2 wk trip, & I feel it helped me get as far as I did. I'll do that again next trip, may even carry one for day 2.
    Curse you Perry the Platypus!

Images

Red bull and vodka! Gets you going and slows you down at the same time.

Three of us had a long ride back from Trail Days. Like 15 hours back to Maine. I bought one and tried it. First time. We were in W. VA. I had been up since seven AM and bought it like 5 p.m. I drove, with the exception of a couple hours, all the way from W VA home. Got back to Portland like 3 am. I didn't feel any different. It either worked or it just played a mind game on me and I stayed awake known I should because I took it.
    "If I get started in the right direction, I just might get to where I want to go." -- Tab Benoit

Is this the stuff that advertises zero calories and an energy boost? How's that possible? Sloppy word choice/duplicitous marketing, maybe?

FB
    "All persons are born free and have certain inalienable rights. They include the right to a clean and healthful environment..."

Article II, Section 3
    The Constitution of the State of Montana

I Gotta Get out of Here!! Foyt20's Avatar
    Images

Caffeine, Taurine, and B Vitamins. Its not burning calories, its a stimulant.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by snowhoe View Post
    Red bull and vodka! Gets you going and slows you down at the same time.

I had too many of those one night, my body didn't know WHAT the hell was going on lol....

Images

Quote Originally Posted by RITBlake View Post
    NO nobody has ever woken in a ditch after taking 5 hour energy.
    Except for the guy who chased it with a dozen Jaeger Bombs. You KNOW there are plenty of "professional" clubbers out there.

I prefer a GU gel if I'm dragging, but I admit, I've used Layfield Energy or Stacker 2 shot right after a long day of teaching before I hit the gym. They helped, and I don't think I would have worked out those days without them.
    If people spent less time being offended and more time actually living, we'd all be a whole lot happier!

they make caffeine free ones too.

I like using the bottles to put fuel in for overnight trips. It's not much, but can help with fires in rain!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++