Default Period Product Disposal

Hey Ladies. I recently came across this neat little feminine product disposable bag in a public bathroom and thought that I would share it with you all. We are all worried about what to do with our used products while on the trail, well these little bags could help. Here is what the website says about them:

• Stylish opaque pink on pink flower pattern masks product inside
    • Eco-friendly–oxo-biodegradable plastic
    • Embedded with a pleasant fresh fragrance and antimicrobial additive to reduce odors
    • Simple to use-tie handles to conceal waste and toss in the trash

Here's the website: http://www.scensiblesbags.com
    Hope this helps someone!!
    This is my one small step, this is my walk on the moon! ~Great Big Sea

Registered User Northern Lights's Avatar
    Images

Have you tried a Diva cup, best invention ever!

Images

Is it pretty easy to find feminine products in towns along the way? Is there anyplace mail drops would be necessary?

Are there any reliable, reusable feminine products? Someone told me recently to just bring a natural sponge and shove that up my vag come period-time, but that sounds like it could lead to gross, uncomfortable stuff. I don't know anything about this, though, so if someone else used a sponge and didn't develop toxic shock syndrome or leak everywhere or something...

I second the Diva Cup! I got one for the trail, and I haven't gone back to disposable stuff. I actually used a tampon for the first time last week and it felt gross.. Could wait to get home and change to the Diva Cup.

If you go that route, get it ASAP and "practice".. It takes a few tries to get used to it.

Novel time..

After looking through this and the other threads, I'd like to weigh-in and ask a question or two.. I have endomitriosis (actually not that uncommon, but the doctoers don't actually know anything about it, even how it happens), so I have REALLY painful periods.. we're talking not just curled up on the bathroom floor in tears, but also sometimes passing out and throwing up. Bottom line, it sucks, and what's even worse is that the only thing my gyno has told me is to get on the pill, I've tried several different kinds over the past few years, and they make my periods worse instead of better. So I'm not on BC right now, and planning my thru-hike for about two months from now, and there is NO WAY I'm going to mess with things at this stage and try to stop having periods or whatever.

I can't wear tampons because they are extremely painful. One is okaaay, can deal with it for several hours, but if I try to change it, I have to take the second out after only an hour or so because it hurts. It's been a long time since I've even tried wearing them, so I don't remember if I was in pain from cramping as well as pain from actually having this thing shoved up inside of me. After doing some research, I think I figured out that it was because of the chemicals and stuff they put on tampons and pads, and that they are drying me out. What I want to know if there is anyone out there who can't use tampons but has had success with the Diva Cup? I'm leaning towards it, but given my already unhappy periods, I'm not sure I want to risk it.

Another question.. I don't want to have to take zero days, (though I might be more inclined to do so if I found myself in town when it hit

Okay, something funny happened there, but what I meant to continue asking was if any of you have any suggestions for how to avoid curled up in my sleeping bag hating life a couple days every so often. Over the counter meds don't really seem to help, but heat kinda does. (So does weed, but that sometimes poses other problems,) and while curling up with a book and a hot mug of tea sounds pretty ideal right now, in July.. not so much. So, does anyone have any thoughts?

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

If you are in that much pain and discomfort that Advil doesn't help, it could be other medical issues. Like endometriosis. I'd get checked out.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

++ New Posts ++