WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hooking up in White Mountains in September

I am looking for a hiking companion for a section hike from Franconia Notch to to Pinkham Notch in early to mid September (9th-17thish). My previous hiking companion although a great guy is slowly starting to bail on me; he's in his mid 30s and not as capable as previously thought. Anyone interested meeting up?

if you dont find anyone on wb i would suggest going to chets place in lincoln nh. i am sure you would find a group of north bounders headed towards pinkham notch. its one of the most awe inspiring sections of the trail, and doing it by yourself might not be such a bad idea. when i finally make some money id like to go do that stretch again by myself and just walk the ridgelines in peace. in my opinion you should go southbound though cause thats how the real men do it.
    a happy boddhitsva

Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    although a great guy is slowly starting to bail on me; he's in his mid 30s and not as capable as previously thought.
    That old, huh?
    Frosty

My original intent was to do it alone because I just got a little extra money, I try to do at least a week long section of the AT every summer and the allure of the whites were too hard to resist, and this will be my last big trip of any kind before I go into the Air Force.

I was telling him about it in passing and he told me I was crazy to do it alone and jumped at the opportunity.

++ New Posts ++