WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by RITBlake
    How about the water situation in CT in mid August, will we struggle to obtain water?
    Depends where you are in Connecticut. Some streams will dry up in mid August but there is usually enough to get you through. If the rain was as heavy in Kent as it was here in southern Ct.yesterday and this morning, the streams have filled up again.

Where abouts in Southern CT judge? I'm from Cheshire, CT

I was at Riga lean-to last weekend and the spring there was OK. Brassie Brook was OK as well.
    It's good to see more CT. people on the site recently.
    I am from Ridgefield,CT.

Where abouts in Southern CT judge? I'm from Cheshire, CT
    Old Greenwich.

I hike Sleeping Giant about six times a year...that's near you if I'm not mistaken.

yah sleeping giant is in my back yard (literally) I've hiked there about once every two weeks for as long as I can remember, know it like the back of my hand

yah sleeping giant is in my back yard (literally) I've hiked there about once every two weeks for as long as I can remember, know it like the back of my hand
    I've always thought the Blue/white/green/yellow trails are a good approximation of the CT AT. Hiking it every two weeks, you should be ready to thru hike, climb all 46 in the Adirondaks and Everest as well! It's a great area to train.

Yah I've heard something about everest, something about a big pile of rocks?

Arrow Sleeping Giant Training Grounds for AT

Yeah, I agree, Sleeping Giant is loaded with similar terrain one would find on AT. Great place for a day hike and I use it to warm up for AT myself. I'm just 45 minutes from it....Fairfield, CT. Good to hear sound offs from WB members in CT. I too would like to begin thinking about how to set up retirement in the NW corner...maybe just over the state line. Absolutely gorgoeus up there. Love that Sages Ravine/Race Mt area! Bear Rock campsite just over the state line on the AT provides a nice waterfall, where, if one is careful, you can get down and under the fall for a shower, but where something on your feet for gripping. There should be a small side trail that swings back to the waterfall ledge. Not easily found. Happy Trails! Steve (Little Bear 2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++