WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
    If they haven't contacted us yet how intelligent can they really be? And if they're not intelligent they aren't worth the trouble.

I think intelligent life on the bottom of the ocean is more plausible.
    They used to walk among us as ultralight hikers...until their skin out weight dropped so far that they attained ultralight nirvana.

Images
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.
    -Edward Abbey

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nean View Post
    I thought that was a religious based cult (most are) that was on a journey to heaven via the comet which really isn't a ufo. Maybe they were meeting a ufo or something as I try to remember.

Weren't they wacko ultra lighters as well?
    I think they had to hitch a ride on the UFO to get to the comet. Or vice Versa. I just remember the name.
    And yes, I recall hearing they were wacko ultra lighters as well! LOL

Images

May I point out that the thread title should be changed since it isn't a "possible UFO...", but currently it is a UFO. I think what was meant was that it is "possibly an alien aircraft..."
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Toolshed View Post
    May I point out that the thread title should be changed since it isn't a "possible UFO...", but currently it is a UFO. I think what was meant was that it is "possibly an alien aircraft..."
    But UFO stands for unidentified flying object. That covers a very broad range!

There's been a lot of UFO-type shows on lately and a lot of data dumps by various governments; the latest one just this month by the U.K. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...UFO-files.html.

You think someone's trying to tell us something

Images

if you can't identify it, it is a UFO - doesn't mean it is a spaceship

The observable universe is about 14 billion parsecs (2.70410991×10^23 miles) across, containing literally billions of galaxies, each containing up to 1 trillion stars, and a substantial fraction of stars have a system of planets around them. It is extremely unlikely that there is no other intelligent life, let alone any other life at all. But have they visited us just to hover over a rural spot then jet off? Well I couldn't say, not being an alien, but I'd guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Viking View Post
    This is common phenomena around the Bald Mountains TN/NC. Some people say its similiar to the Brown Mountain Lights in NC.

I have video footaage from 2003 when I camped in the wooden fire tower there.

Same thing, two lights that kept moving slowly back and forth,no sound at all....I filmed a Plane at the same time flying near so anyone watching would understand that a plane makes a noise and these things did not.

After aqbout ten minutes, one of them faded out, the other did a strange zig zag, and then ZIP! It shoot straight into the heavens at a 90% abgle, no bullshiz.

I was told in Hot Springs that it was the Brown MTN lights.

Quote Originally Posted by tirebiter View Post
    The observable universe is about 14 billion parsecs (2.70410991×10^23 miles) across, containing literally billions of galaxies, each containing up to 1 trillion stars, and a substantial fraction of stars have a system of planets around them. It is extremely unlikely that there is no other intelligent life, let alone any other life at all. But have they visited us just to hover over a rural spot then jet off? Well I couldn't say, not being an alien, but I'd guess not.
    yeah, they came to N.C. on a Mountain Top and saw a guy putting up a hammock that suspiciously looks like a small Spacecraft. First thought was, "Oh my god, and he thinks thatis going to flY?. get us out of here, no intelligent life".
    "So what if theres a mountain, get over it!!!" - Graywolf, 2010

There's a new book out on Area 51 and it's a crazy story according to the author Annie Jacobsen: http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...nd-roswell-ufo

Even if you believe we're being visited; I simply cannot believe aliens crashed in New Mexico or anywhere else. However I'm also having real problems with this lady's version of what happened in 1947. But I'm still almost tempted to go and buy the book.

New book says USSR was behind Roswell UFO

Is truth stranger than conspiracy-theory fiction? A new book on Area 51 that's already generating a ton of buzz says there was no alien spacecraft that crashed in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947. Instead, Stalin did it--maybe.

According to Annie Jacobsen, the reporter who authored "Area 51," the spaceship was actually a Soviet spy plane that came down during a storm. Jacobsen claims it was filled with bizarre, genetically engineered child-sized pilots. Then-Soviet leader Joseph Stalin was hoping, Jacobsen alleges, that the new cause widespread panic in the U.S.

The story gets even stranger: The leader of the USSR had apparently been inspired by the 1938 radio adaptation radio broadcast of the HG Wells story "War of the Worlds," produced by Orson Welles. The broadcast triggered panic in some listeners who tuned in and mistook it for a real-life alien invasion. (Though later students of the episode claim that the media of Welles' day vastly exaggerated the scale of public alarm over the broadcast.)

And those ET-looking aviators? They were scientific experiments created by the "Angel of Death," Nazi doctor Josef Mengele, for the USSR after the war. The flight was piloted remotely, according to accounts in the book, and was filled with a crew of "alien-like children."

According to Jacobsen's source, a retired engineer who was put on the project in 1978, the look of the human experiments could explain the alien conspiracy theories: "They were grotesquely deformed, but each in the same manner as the others. They had unusually large heads and abnormally shaped oversize eyes."

Is any of this true? There's no way to prove it. Documents surrounding the Roswell incident are still classified--as is virtually all information related to the mystery spot.

Still, lack of proof hasn't exactly stopped the book from sparking speculation on the media circuit and on the Web. In the last day, Yahoo! searches skyrocketed 3,000 percent for "area 51 book." And the tome is penned not by a crackpot conspirator, but a respected journalist.
    Even the New York Times gives her credence, writing in its review: "Although this connect-the-dots UFO thesis is only a hasty-sounding addendum to an otherwise straightforward investigative book about aviation and military history, it makes an indelible impression. 'Area 51' is liable to become best known for sci-fi provocation."

But sci-fi provocation may be all the book generates. After all, without the government coming out and saying what happened back in 1947, even if there was no conspiracy, the stories of the "Roswell Incident" will remain just that.

You can watch "Daily Show" host Jon Stewart about interview Jacobsen about her claims below.

More info here: http://www.npr.org/2011/05/17/136356...os-or-the-ussr

Images

If I put my tinfoil hat on at just the right angle, I can almost believe some of this stuff.
    Formerly uhfox

Springer to Bear Mountain Inn, NY
    N Adams, MA to Clarendon VT
    Franconia Notch to Crawford Notch

Images

Y'all need to stop eating shrooms
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Fever View Post
    TV - Wanna do an overnighter on the Blackstack and Camp Creek Bald loop?
    Heck, yeah!

My husband and I saw something similar over Holston Lake. It was during the day, and suddenly, within three or four minutes there were military planes all over the place. We expected it was some technology/weapon that was being tested.

Journal Entries
    Images

[QUOTE=Tennessee Viking;867176]
    Objects In The Night Sky: Maybe Air Balloons?

http://greenevillesun.com/story/304655/1

TV,

TANKS fer sharin'!

Hope to see some of U WhiteBlazers out there...
    hikin' DWG NoBo to Kent,CT
    w/ "Piece O' Work"
    May 28-June 12

shuttles by "Jigsaw"
    see ya'll UP the trail!

"Jaybird"

GA-ME...
    "on-the-20-year-plan"

www.trailjournals.com/Jaybird2013

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++